Notices

Puder? Parts Poll?

Old 06-09-2002, 07:02 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE]But, I guess your motives are more on the selfish end. [/
QUOTE]

Why do people have to resort to persanal attacks to get there point across??

I think most of us know Puder better than that!!!

P.S. I like the For Sale section also!!!!
Old 06-09-2002, 09:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree Birdog .........I suppose Puder is getting a commision on everyones parts as they are sold...I like the thread forum classifieds just as they are......

I have visited the banner add sites and will conrinue to do so as needed...
Old 06-09-2002, 11:17 AM
Banned

RG, get off Puder. He is expressing his oppinion of banner ads. I too, like most people go "banner blind". If there is something I specifically need, I may look at the links section for a supplier. If you are tired of the issue, don't read the thread!
Old 06-09-2002, 12:18 PM
Registered

Still trying to figure out how Puder is trying to help the issue, please explain.

Puder,
I agree about what you said but did you ever think about the fact that maybe that broker found the banner, clicked on the site, found a specific boat that his client wanted, purchased, posted his experience. If that was the sequence of events then ths website is working to its full potential for the advertiser, purchaser, and the broker.

All,
How many times have you seen someone come on here and ask for a phone number and someone respond to see the banner ad or links to visit the website and then they can get the number, address, fax number, etc. As well as feed back from others about the company.

How about leaving the section in question and allowing people to link in their post to their paying ad in the classifieds which has 5 pictures. Then you have the best of both worlds and double the chance of selling your product.

Suggestions welcome!!

OSO
Old 06-09-2002, 12:48 PM
Registered

Board Gods: Im still confused {Happens to me alot!} You said you were dropping the 4 sales to make room for other things. Some of us thought we might like to keep the 4 sales.....now it apears this is about advertisors complaing ? I can understand them being upset if other Bus. use the freebies,but what about the little guy with some used thingy or something? Just asking ...some way to keep it non-bus. only?
Old 06-09-2002, 12:57 PM
Registered

Ok , 30 days in the classifieds would cost you $10. It is not the indivudual it is the company that is coming to this section and working it to death and never paying for banners or classifieds or even buying a shirt. Look through the ads and you will see the names. We have sent ad packages to the companies, called and no dice. Notice these people don't participate in the general discussion, only in the parts for sale.

So you say we are penalizing the individual because of the company that is not willing to advertise. There has to be a middle ground.

We met someone who who sold $40,000 worth of parts on this website, never has participated on the board or gone to any type of OSO function. There are many other stories, that is just one example.

Actually we got two e-mails this morning requesting pricing on banners, if this was a result of this discussion we thank these people.

Don't discount banner advertising, our advertisers have been very happy with their results. Those of you that ignore the ads they are there to help find you parts and such so you don't have to search the web. Some of these companies have just as many used parts lying around their shops as new parts. Take some time and check out the sites that these banners link to.

When we approach companies for advertising it is usually because we know their topics are being discussed on the board and you all are looking for them and they are looking for you. If you notice there are no, non boating related advertisers on here.

OSO
Old 06-09-2002, 01:01 PM
Registered

Birddog,

Advertisers have not complained, you didn't see the original thread last night.

Make room is for a new section that you all will enjoy, it is a surprise. When there are too may sections people complain about the download time because the page gets so long.

OSO
Old 06-09-2002, 01:06 PM
Registered

OK I was afraid that was why...I was on a thread talking to a member the other day and a new member {2 posts] PM ed me trying to sell me the stuff we where talking about !! I chucked the the PM & told the member about it!! I guess he is wrong also,but at least he is always on here and helps lots for free. So..I quess there is no way to keep the section just for odds & ends ? Maybe a member could moderate it ?
Old 06-09-2002, 01:12 PM
Banned

I can see keeping commercial businesses off the free classified. Many sites do just that. No commercial ads are allowed on the free stuff.
Old 06-09-2002, 01:25 PM
Registered

Mear Image, PM me your Company info.

OSO

Quick Reply: Puder? Parts Poll?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.