Notices

NY race sucks

Old 09-11-2011, 09:34 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by bobo
Thank Fully They all showed up Huh Tim ? LOL It,s all good timmy Chill , an, do what you are good at ,
Takin, Pic,s Which I personally have enjoyed for years Thank you .
Correct !
Quite surprised myself after the cross support shown for the OPA's Sunny Isles Race last June.

IT IS WHAT IT IS and I think I finally come to the conclusion that nothing in this sport will ever change ... Sad but true...

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 09-11-2011, 10:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your Bad experience??? you don't think that NEW YORKERS HAD A BAD EXPERIENCE!! and its 9-11. aaww, lets all boo-hoo cause you had a bad experience...get a life!
Old 09-12-2011, 01:32 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucididee
Looks like Cintron got the worst of it with a prop & rudder damage. One other teams will have to replace a prop & a few others have prop dings. All in all, it wasn't was bad as it could have been. But we all know it par for course on the Hudson. All my years of boating from Sandy Hook & up the Hudson, there has always been debris. Yes, there was a little more than normal out there, the shocking part was how brown the water was from all the flooding up north. Once they open the Erie canal & the locks there is going to be sooooooooooo much more debris floating down that river from Upstate NY, Vermont, etc. out to the ocean. Thank you Irene
I think John hit a dead horse in his Spectre years ago and that wasn't after a storm.

I guess the horse got too close to the bank that day!

Here's what the Chesapeak looked like 50 miles south of where I live. good thing they modified our course for the poker run!
Attached Thumbnails NY race sucks-bay.jpg  

Last edited by Panther; 09-12-2011 at 01:34 PM.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
He lost me at daredevil being cool..ugh...
me to,who did he steal,cheat and lie too
Old 09-12-2011, 03:54 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Panther
I think John hit a dead horse in his Spectre years ago and that wasn't after a storm.

I guess the horse got too close to the bank that day!

Here's what the Chesapeak looked like 50 miles south of where I live. good thing they modified our course for the poker run!
Holly Crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There was less on the Hudson
Old 09-12-2011, 03:55 PM
bwd
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought I heard there were 12 or so boats there. Was that the big boats or does that include the smaller production classes too? p3 4 5?
Old 09-12-2011, 04:09 PM
Registered

[

Last edited by bobo; 09-13-2011 at 06:32 AM.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:32 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

F1-00 Racing was at the NY Race

Keep in mind when looking at the production classes, some of the boats are not competitive in both sanctioning bodies. And keep in mind OPA's last regular season race should have been in Long Island (Thank you Irene), On Sept 25th is the OPA National title race, this is an SBI last regular season race with their National title race in Clearwater on October 2. The teams need to look at their points and figure out which is best for them, it's all about the finances and what can be afforded. We had BOTH our OPA & SBI boat at the NY race but only raced the Fountain & not the Formula. We cannot afford to race the Formula in NY and risk ripping of a drive, damaging a prop, blowing up a motor, etc with the National Championship and overall High point Championship on the line. And keep in mind. We all know that the SBI Key West World Championships is in November but the OPA World Championships is October 6-9.

Last edited by Lucididee; 09-12-2011 at 04:37 PM.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:35 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by bwd
I thought I heard there were 12 or so boats there. Was that the big boats or does that include the smaller production classes too? p3 4 5?
Total Boat count was 17

Cintron
Gasse
Two Cocks Fighting Apparel
Instigator
Stihl
Loriblu
Absolutely Not
Octane
Twisted Metal
Cleveland Construction
Sheds Plus
Team Kilt
Immaculata Mighty macs
Team Velocity
Peters & May
Dare Devil
Country Service
Old 09-12-2011, 04:48 PM
bwd
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the info. I trying to get a grip on what goes on in the North East as I'm putting together a boat to hopefully run with a buddy from Palm beach. We're hoping to split, some down south and some up here. I was just curious about the races closet to my back yard as I'd like to bring the boat up here for the summer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.