Don Aronow Memorial Race...Sept 24th >

Don Aronow Memorial Race...Sept 24th

Notices

Don Aronow Memorial Race...Sept 24th

Old 09-16-2011, 09:48 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 78CIG24
I wonder what some here were doing in 1981......or if they were even born yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMtWDywAXZY&

Personally I miss the 80s, what a BLAST!! Safe Sex w/o practicing Safe Sex, Cheap Safe Drugs, Fast Women, Fast Cars, Fast Boats and OFFSHORE RACING ON TV!!
Sadly, rebuilding a house. Although I did get to enjoy the fast cars, women, etc, but I never was into the drug thing... Sorry.

Originally Posted by catastrophe
If they want an audience, this question should be answered.
As Speedgirl mentioned, this isn’t much of a spectator event. I went out last year for the race. When the racer (singular) went by I didn’t even realize he was part of the race until I got home and saw a picture of the winning Sonic. Again, congrats to the winner!

The only way to ‘watch’ this is via tracking or TV/helo coverage. The tracking works well on a PC, but it didn’t work on an iphone last year so those that did go out for the event were blind to what was happening. An app for smartphones would obviously improve this (as I mentioned in last years thread). Other than that, you would really need TV coverage to watch. Possibly a fatal flaw for this type of racing???

Originally Posted by SpeedGirl
How many boats are entered, paid and ready to go?
Originally Posted by Top Banana
The answer is 8 to 10 boats and we PM’d Speedgirl yesterday.
Really??? 8 to 10 have paid or are 8 to 10 interested in coming? If the later, big difference and deceiving answer!

A friend called me last night and said he knows Fatech2 and he is only in his early 20’s and probably the other kid is too, acts like it anyway. He said the best thing to do is to ignore them, which I will be taking his advice.
If you are referring to me, you know how roughly old I am and your “friend” knows exactly how old I am. Far from early 20’s. BTW, your “friend” ignoring people is mostly what has caused so many people to be turned off by him.

Billy Frenz and his NPBA were the ones who really did the hard work putting this together last year, taking a pretty good loss financially also. However, he agreed to take it on this year and see if it could build it up. He even offered discount entry fees if people registered early, $600 rather than the full $1,000.
Sounds pretty reasonable to me, I never said it wasn’t!

Unfortunately, SS930 had started on the same theme on another section thread that we were talking about the race…basically asking…What do you get for the entry fee? So when he started up on this thread, he came on at just the wrong time, I responded based on that and the previous.
Is your reading comprehension at a 2nd grade level??? Once again you failed to comprehend. Hell, you don’t even have the right subject matter! The only similar question I asked was in regards to what was included in Frenz's Milford Poker Run. Totally unrelated to this LI race. If I'm wrong, please prove me so! And again, go back and reread my post in this thread, I did not complain about the price of this event, yet you fail to comprehend that one as well! Someone of such elderly stature (I'm assuming since I'm just a 'kid') should surely have better reading comprehension, no???

They are kids, and they really have some kind of axe to grind with NPBA for Billy actually trying to make money at putting events on, strange. Maybe they expect them to be free.
I don’t think I have a problem at all with anyone making money. In fact, of course he should make something for his effort(s)! What I do have a problem with is his attitude and demeanor when I am paying a premium price for a service or an event. That turned me off real quick!

They are kids… However, my apologies to both of them for my less than gentle responses and I wish them both well and happy boating.
Cute.

Originally Posted by smokeybandit
I only wish that I still had the means to compete in this event. I can tell you without hesitation that those of us that raced way back in the 80's would have taken this challenge in a heartbeat. No questions asked. For those that have never raced "offshore", and own a boat that think might be able to make it, JUST DO IT! Find a way. There is nothing like true offshore racing. What Charlie is doing is offering you the chance to say that you have done something that few have ever done.

Best of luck to all the warriors that decide to take the challenge.
Good point and great post!

Originally Posted by 78CIG24
IMHO, this whole fiasco of a thread is based purely on out and out jealousy...
Jealous of who, you, Billy/wanab??? Hahahaha!

they can't buy the History and Experience of actually doing it for real. They are just posers and the jealousy that they can't buy the wins and results…
Can’t buy it? Sure you can. Pay $1000 and run, it’s that easy! Hell, there’s a good chance you’ll win if your boat can just cruise 271 miles! Posers? Haha!

Plus, some of this younger generation have obviously not been raised to show respect for anyone, much less the real heros of Offshore Racing…
Ironically I had a lot of respect for Mr. Frenz, until I met him… obviously that dwindled fast! To a certain degree I’m starting to feel the same way about his partner.

Originally Posted by wanab
Billy you couldn’t have picked a more fitting AE!

Originally Posted by 2fast9tech2
honestly. no one has said the event sucks. actually, many of us think its a great event (including me). take the participants wants/needs into consideration.
Well put kid.
Old 09-16-2011, 10:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SS930
Billy you couldn’t have picked a more fitting AE!

im glad Billy has better things to do than respond to your hatefull comments, like putting on a quality event.

what have you done lately?

whens the last time you tried to make everybody happy. i learned early in life it cant happen.

Last edited by wanab; 09-16-2011 at 10:11 PM.
Old 09-16-2011, 10:04 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you want to create some hype and get the topic changed around somewhat, why not post a list of entrants with length , make , power ?

Are all the entrants on this board ??
Old 09-16-2011, 10:14 PM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by wanab
im glad Billy has better things to do than respond to your hatefull comments, like putting on a quality event.

what have you done lately?

whens the last time you tried to make everybody happy. i learned early in life it cant happen.
i have a pretty good idea as to why billy stayed away from this thread
Old 09-16-2011, 10:20 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

It has absolutely nothing to do with you and you can believe that.
Old 09-16-2011, 10:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by scarab63
Dude that's easier to say than do.

Imagine if you organized something, picked a price u thought was reasonable and people raped and pillaged your event verbally.
You'd go into defense / attack too.
I know I would.

I also see your trying to help better the event by suggesting things to make it more attractive to racers on the fence about participating......

But at the end of the day....you, i, nobody has a say other than the organizers.

I know I dont call to order a prop that's $600_$1000+++ and say that's b.s. it's only $50 worth of stock. because ....Ive got no idea how long it takes to make the prop and what's involved to make it. Same as I have no idea what goes into organizing a race. So ....... U get my point.

Boating isn't cheap period...

they are trying to make something happen here. Is it good for the sport? (yes) could it be better? (possibly) are they getting rich off it? (no)
Time is $ so I guess thats how the price was selected at a $ g along with a host of variables $$$ that may factor into price.

u, i, nobody knows how to price unless u organize it.

If you dont like the price and dont wanna participate in the race, go rip around the island another day for free

MD
1. we are organizing an event. the CPBA is encouraging suggestions/ideas/tips for our first annual swap meet. http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...-oct-15-a.html

2. i know boating is expensive. im probably one of the youngest "registered users" posting in this thread. i sacrifice a lot to be on the water

3. how do you know how much the organizers are making? have they shared the financials with you?

4. the saddest/honest truth is that there is not one PR or race for that matter put on in CT that is worth the money. its pathetic that we have to travel to NJ and RI for an event that donates money to charity, provides food/t shirts, etc all for $200. as organizers and participants we should all be ashamed. i can probably list nearly 20 events around the US that provide this kind of value to boaters on an annual basis. we are all at fault for this one.
Old 09-16-2011, 10:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by OL40SVX
It has absolutely nothing to do with you and you can believe that.
you are oblivious. go grab an ice cream with dad.
Old 09-17-2011, 05:02 AM
Registered

and i have a pretty good idea your wrong about a whole lot of things kid.
Old 09-17-2011, 05:07 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by catastrophe
If you want to create some hype and get the topic changed around somewhat, why not post a list of entrants with length , make , power ?

Are all the entrants on this board ??
2nd Request
Old 09-17-2011, 07:25 AM
Registered

1. we are organizing an event. the CPBA is encouraging suggestions/ideas/tips for our first annual swap meet. http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...-oct-15-a.html

2. i know boating is expensive. im probably one of the youngest "registered users" posting in this thread. i sacrifice a lot to be on the water

3. how do you know how much the organizers are making? have they shared the financials with you?

4. the saddest/honest truth is that there is not one PR or race for that matter put on in CT that is worth the money. its pathetic that we have to travel to NJ and RI for an event that donates money to charity, provides food/t shirts, etc all for $200. as organizers and participants we should all be ashamed. i can probably list nearly 20 events around the US that provide this kind of value to boaters on an annual basis. we are all at fault for this one.
Let me first preface my reply by first saying that I dont know , never met you, and have absolutely no problem with you.

I actually appreciate your enthusiasm, and passion.

That being said, you've said your piece and stated your feelings on billys events. I dont think hes going to change for you. So as you keep going on this thread it is just looking like your looking for a pointless argument.
When you tear these guys and their event a new one for trying to do something good with no mercy its going to cause other members / boaters to potray you as a person in a negative way.

No financial statments shared w me. I guess I just assumed 8 to 10 k
$ isn't getting rich.

Also while on your tear, your defiantly putting a black mark on your club CPBA. People are now going to associate your aditude towards this race with your club.

Finally dont forget a lot of these people your rubbing the wrong way are going to be around for a long time. So why not try being more cordial? You cant really fault people that work in a certain industry and reap the benifits. ( ol dan ) he seems like a person that will be around for a long time so why piss in his cheerios? Ya he gets a demo boat or whatever u wanna call it, but thats awesome!! Jelous of that? Then change careers, I know your very smart by a few of your other posts, so you should b able to adapt very easily.

Consider this constructive criticism .

Mike D

Last edited by scarab63; 09-17-2011 at 08:09 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.