Notices

Wreck at Lake Cumberland

Old 06-10-2002, 02:26 PM
nobudget

Default Wreck at Lake Cumberland

Does anyone know of the conditions of the driver and passenger

I belive this wreck took place on Saturday.
The boat was a Cat 30-36 ,maybe Spectre or a Skater (custom paint job, very very nice.

I was at the lake on Sat and Sun.
I saw this boat run several times that day.
The boat was running very strong and stable. I remember thinking to myself, now that is bad as hell.

Some people were saying that it stuffed a wave from a large
cruiser,flipping the boat and ejecting the driver and passenger.

People were saying the lady passenger broke her back in some way. The driver aparently is going to be OK. (this is information is from people who say they saw the after math of the wreck, minutes later ) So I do not know how accurate this information is.

I do know the boat is wreck it was pull off in a cove with the sponses sticking out of the water ,on early afternoon Sunday. By late Sunday they had the air bagges going and pumps a pumping.

I hope everyone makes a full recovery and can keep on boating.

I was wanting my next boat to be a CAT 25'-28',but maybe I will stick with the old V bottom stepped of course

Nobudget

Old 06-10-2002, 02:28 PM
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just where on the lake did this happen??????? bill
Old 06-10-2002, 02:43 PM
nobudget

Somewhere close to Connley Bottoms
If you were going to Connley from Jamestown it would be on your left may be 2 or 3 miles before Connley. I do not know that end of the lake very well. We drove past it one time and did'nt even see it. Sorry I could'nt be more accurate.

No Budget

Old 06-10-2002, 02:53 PM
Platinum Member

thanks no budget; we stay on the dam end of the lake and we did not hear anything about this wreck!!we did see a fast multi-colored cat on saterday racing the predator cat in front of jamestown; boy was he fast. just ask larry the owner of predator. bill
Old 06-10-2002, 06:22 PM
Allan4

From what I have been told both the driver and passenger will be okay, thankfully.

Old 06-10-2002, 06:56 PM
Donzi33ZX
Gold Member

First let me say I know little about cats, but boat on Cumberland annually. I can not imagine any lake wake being so big to crash a boat of that size.

I would like to hear more.

I sure hope our two boating friends are fine.
Bryan
Old 06-10-2002, 07:26 PM
Registered

I agree with Bryan,Their has to be alot more to that story.Those cats could easily rollover that wake,but even then u know how close he would have to be to the transom of that yaht to take on a wave of that size.
Old 06-10-2002, 09:08 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Cat Crash @ Cumberland

The boat that crashed was a 36' Spectra Cat w/twin 900 hp Chief motors. The owner is Courtney Motor Sports from Lexington Ky. I was not there, however, heard the boat stuffed and rolled going only 70 mph. I know the owner, very experienced high performance boat driver. Takes the boat to Key West from Miami several times a year. Something must have happened to the boat. Heard the passenger does have a broken back.
Old 06-10-2002, 09:21 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Wreak at Lake Cumberland

Wild Willy,
The owner of The Predator is Charlie. 50' NorTech cat w/ twin 1000 hp NorTech supercharged motors. Boat absolutely rocks!!!
Old 06-10-2002, 10:12 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Best wishes to our boating friends. I have talked to owners many times and run with(behind them) at many pokerruns.

Can someone confirm whether or not it was the owners in the boat?

thanks
rbtnt

Last edited by rbtnt; 06-10-2002 at 11:25 PM.

Quick Reply: Wreck at Lake Cumberland

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.