Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   I'm new (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/26263-im-new.html)

Ms. INXS 06-10-2002 05:36 PM

I'm new

Hi everybody!!
I'm a new kid on the block. I have a 38' Scarab called "Just Say No" a 1976 SS Taylor Jet boat called "Maybe" a 2002 tritoon Palm Beach called "Cher's tune" with a 200 HP Mercury - 2 1500 Kawasaki Jet Ski's and am the proud owner of the World's Championship Offshore Raceboat called INXS. I read a lot of your comments when the sale was in transaction last week and wanted to get to know y'all better. I am a long standing member of TOPPS - Texas Offshore Preformance Powerboat Squadron and very involved with the APBA races.
I am also Audacity's Step Mom. He has been on your forum for a while now and I think some of you have chatted with him.

Hope to talk with y'all sometime.

eyezlee 06-10-2002 05:39 PM

welcome. you'll love it here. its as addicting as boating. :) now what the hell are you going to do with a 51' fountain? :p

NASTY HABIT 06-10-2002 05:40 PM

Welcome......

hp500efi 06-10-2002 05:42 PM

and all along Joe said he bought it LOL ;).... welcome.

How many Mom's out there have a triple HP motored boat out there? Stand proud :).

Ms. INXS 06-10-2002 05:45 PM

I would like to race it in P class on the APBA circut - with the 3 1,000hp Super charged we can run a good solid 100+ and have a god time - my husband wants to turn it into a poker run boat. We are still in heavy discussions - in the mean time it has sat up for 3 years and we are going through everything.

audacity 06-10-2002 05:53 PM

only COOL moms can have cool boats!!!...it the rules you know!!!:D

we're not XS'ive people....now are we???LOL

Just Say Yes 2 INXS!!!!

what ya think of that name!!!!

Uncle Toys 06-10-2002 05:54 PM

Welcome aboard. Nice resume:cool:

audacity 06-10-2002 05:57 PM

ma,,,,ya got a fountain logo go'n there!!!! you said you wouldn't embarrass me!!!....get the scarab one go'n on!!!:D

and never tell anyone about the time i.........

Jana 06-10-2002 05:59 PM

Welcome!

Hey Cher! Welcome to the board! I just stole your thunder and posted about INXS on the Fountain section. Saw the boat at the Turtle Saturday night. Looks really cool. I'd love to go for ride in it some day.

audacity 06-10-2002 06:02 PM

make a custom one of the XS for your logo...i'm sure being the comuter guru you are you can pull it off...chererize the thing!

Ms. INXS 06-10-2002 06:02 PM

Anything to make my little boy happy - I am happier with the Scarab logo also!!:D

yahoo 06-10-2002 08:22 PM

Welcome to the board as one Yahoo to another. See ya soon.

Payton 06-10-2002 08:32 PM

Welcome to the board Ms. INXS

OutlawBayB 06-10-2002 09:51 PM

Hey Cher!

I tried to get a pix of INXS sat after the dinner party. The lighting might've worked against me on the pix, but if it's good-I'll post it for ya. Oh yeah, nice rig w/ the boat!

Post some pix when you get "JUST SAY NO"s interior finished out-what a project! :p The pix you had on the run were quite good. Why don't you post them?

CarinaOh yeah-welcome to the board!! Nice to have more females on board!:p :D

Tinkerer 06-10-2002 09:58 PM

Welcome to the group. AKA nuthouse

Audiofn 06-10-2002 10:20 PM

Welcome to the board. Can I be the first to say.... WILL YOU ADOPT ME PLEASE!!!!! :D:D Have fun!!!!

Tejas Raz 06-10-2002 10:23 PM

Howdy Ms. InXS!

Welcome to the board. Scott & Denise here from sunny Joe Pond in Grand Prairie. I'm pretty new here myself, but what a blast. This juuust about satisfies my boating need. Only more power and 24x7 could do that!

And congratulations on the biggest "blue light special" I've ever heard of. I always think of "beanie babies" or cheap hard drives whenever I think of eBay, lol! Never again. Would love to see it in front of the Oasis. It'd drive the pontoons and wind lovers crazy!

Looks like the Baja segment of the Criminal Element is coming south for the all-Baja poker run at Clear Lake this weekend. Let's see, that would be all of us except me... Lone Checkmate. :cool: Hope ya'll have fun an make a lot of noise. I want to hear it all the way up here!

Semper Fi,
Scott

Just Browsing 06-10-2002 10:38 PM

Welcome Ms. INXS

Welcome to the board, from a fellow Texan! Houston, to be exact. I was speaking to Joey this weekend, and he told me great things about you.

Good luck with the new toy. I vote you race it in P class. . . maybe you can get started right down the way in Corpus.

Take care,

Bobby
Realized Gain
One Design #1

Tejas Raz 06-10-2002 11:24 PM

Sorry, OT. Sure did. Sunday night after we got off the water. Give you a call tomorrow.

Later,
Scott

boot 06-11-2002 12:00 AM

Welcome aboard ! ANd congrats on the new boat ! THat is one sweet boat. MY brother was friends with the original owners . Rick and Ted . Did you get it from them or did someone else have it ? Good luck with it .

SteveDavid 06-11-2002 12:43 AM

Cher,

How are you! Gosh, it's been almost 5 years since we were docked next to one another at the Galleon in Key West. You and your honey had your 38 Scarab at the time and I had my 38 Baja "Emma". Congrats on your new Fountain! Happy to hear you both are doing well!

Steve and Sabrina David

Wellby 06-11-2002 01:01 AM

Glad to have you aboard! You just can't get enough Texas Powerboaters!!!!!!!! :D

buck183 06-11-2002 01:41 AM

Welcome!!!!!!!!!!

But I do have one question..........where did you find a 1500cc Kawasaki Jet Ski at? Never heard of that one before.

Buck

CigDaze 06-11-2002 08:15 AM

Welcome to the board and Congratulations!
Joe was pretty excited as we all were for you!

Have fun here...It's a crazy good time! :D :cool:

Ms. INXS 06-11-2002 01:14 PM

It was great reading all y'all's responses. I feel very welcomed by all of you. In response to the question on my Jet Ski's they are 1999 model that goes over 75mph. They slowed the speed down in 2000. I know Joey has had them that fast .
We will be at the Gallion Marina for the APBA races and 3 weeks over Christmas so if anyone is around stop over - we always have the same boat slip #42 and will have "Just Say No" there.
I haven't figured out how to post pictures yet - they say my file is too large - any idea's?
I would love to share some photo's.

29scarab 06-11-2002 01:53 PM

Welcome to the board!!

Just say NO!!! I think I know who you are!!!

Its about time you got on the board!! Were you running around saturday afternoon in Clearlake????

:D :D :D

Payton 06-11-2002 02:08 PM

Ms. INXS, if you go into your photshop ( or whatever picture program you use) There should be a spot to click on resize, maybe under edit. Simply resize it to 480x680 and then click save. Then you should be all set.

Rico's Revenge 06-11-2002 02:58 PM

Welcome to the board!!

InXS always had a special place in my heart, it was the first race boat I every saw (at a race in Oswego, NY). I don't remember if it was the one you have or a different one (wasn't there an Apache?).

Regardless, welcome to the board!

Todd

PS...Tejas Raz...that thing wouldn't fit at the Oasis. Even at the end of the docks by the ouside patio. BTW, where the heck did you find a Checkmate down here?

ssherman 06-11-2002 03:19 PM

Welcome Aboard.

Ms. INXS 06-11-2002 03:52 PM

Of course, my husband and I participated in the TOPPS Poker Run this past weekend. It was our 13th annual poker run for JOhn and I. We all had an exceptional time. We even took my best Friend that boats up there at Joe Pool and th eoasis. Baja people - Kathy and Tim I think several of you know them. It was their first TOPPS poker run and i think they had a ball!!!
I'll try to downsize the photo and post it. Thanks for the help.:D

Ms. INXS 06-11-2002 03:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hopefully this will work - here is a picture of INXS I took in Atlanta last week when we bought it.

Ms. INXS 06-11-2002 04:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Kool - it worked - here is a picture of John and in in "Just Say No"

Ike 06-11-2002 04:42 PM

Welcome to the board.;) :)

TulsaLarry 06-11-2002 05:19 PM

Welcome aboard, I was really rooting for you during the auction on eBay hoping you would get the Fountain.:p

Sounds like a nice list of toys and I hope to see you at some of the races.

OutlawBayB 06-11-2002 06:16 PM

Ms.INXS,
I'll try & post the pix I took from the Run & of INXS next week. Pictures were dropped off today. Won't be ready till Mon (praying for Friday?) The pictures I took of INXS were at nite & up close so I hope the lighting didnt work against me. Till then.....:D

Gordo 06-12-2002 08:54 AM

Welcome Cher!!

With a list of watercraft like that on your dock, even King Reggie himself should be jealous!
Congrats on the INXS. I can't wait til you guys get her back on the race course, (I'm sure you'll win that "discussion").
And try to keep a tight line on Joey would ya? That boy's out of control !!! ;)

audacity 06-12-2002 08:59 AM

thanks gordo!!
maybe a P class race??
can't wait for this weekend!! i will be the first time dre' and i get to see the XS in person....should be one hell of a fathers day too!!!!

she always has a line on me!!! but after 10pm i have to watch them!!!! right?????

Eric1969 06-12-2002 09:15 AM

Originally posted by Ms. INXS
Hopefully this will work - here is a picture of INXS I took in Atlanta last week when we bought it.
I live in Atlanta and if you need someone to give this baby a test drive, just let me know.

29scarab 06-12-2002 10:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I knew it had to be yall!!

I'm glad you finally came to the board!!

Tell John I said Hi!!!!!
:D :D

Ms. INXS 06-12-2002 10:11 AM

Sorry Eric1969 - we already brought INXS to Houston.
Joey - looking forward to this weekend and meeting Andrea. Maybe we could splash INXS and see what you and your Dad can do. I'll navigate of course. What do you mean watch us after 10:00 - we are usually not much trouble by then.:D They didn't name an award after your Dad in our TOPPS club for nothing. (Sleepy Floyd Award)
Super news - Jeff at Freeze Frame has some video of just INXS racing when it had it's winning most year in 1994. Fed Ex will have them here today - he said about 40 minutes worth.