Watch Nick of Statement Marine,Attempt World Record - NYC to Bermuda 9/21/11

Old 09-24-2011, 02:29 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SHARKEY-IMAGES

412 gallons.... Do the math...

They carried 540 at the start...

Looks like the pump doesn't show that 4th digit. Add a grand.
Old 09-24-2011, 04:22 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Keytime
Looks like the pump doesn't show that 4th digit. Add a grand.
I cant belive the pump didnt cut off, ours around here the most ya can get is $120.00 at a time

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 09-24-2011, 06:32 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He was probly at a truck stop. $120 of diesel here is less than 40gal. They wouldn't shut it off for that little.
Old 09-24-2011, 06:46 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

what is picture 6 of the "on the dock" section from? they just leave a teaser price on the back of the pump???

i tried to post it but it's not working
Old 09-24-2011, 06:54 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Catmando
He was probly at a truck stop. $120 of diesel here is less than 40gal. They wouldn't shut it off for that little.
he was at a marina at a truck stop would have been cheaper
Old 09-24-2011, 07:58 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by pstorti
what is picture 6 of the "on the dock" section from? they just leave a teaser price on the back of the pump???

i tried to post it but it's not working
Actually I was in an area that the General Public would not be allowed. You would never see it but being as where I was standing I caught it...

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 09-24-2011, 09:31 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Old 09-24-2011, 11:26 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Thumbs up

VIDEO:

Bermuda Challenge w/Chris Fertig making a STATEMENT now online at :

http://www.sharkey-images.com/

Enjoy !!!

Last edited by SHARKEY-IMAGES; 09-24-2011 at 11:28 PM.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:17 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cwfdive
... we were running directly into very steep 12 – 14’ confused seas at a very tight interval with gale force winds, torrential rain and lightning directly on our bow. Taking turns at the helm, we pressed onward as fast as we could possibly push it running between 16 and 21 MPH.
Seas continued to build as we pushed on. The darkness combined with the driving rain and pounding spray made it difficult to accurately estimate the actual wave heights, but they were running several feet above the top of our T-Top with 3 foot of breaking whitecaps on top of that which would put them at 12 – 14’ with an occasional larger wave. For the next two hours we continued forward was fast as we could possibly push it but we were only able to make about 16 – 18 mph.
Chris, what an adventure! Thanks for letting us take part vicariously.

Here in the Pacific, those are pretty typical conditions: the ocean sets the speed, not the throttle, and that speed is usually somewhere between 15 and 22 knots.

Those videos of people making Catalina in 20 minutes or less are taken on very, very calm conditions here on the smoothest of the island channels: Catalina Channel. Right now, its only 2-4 feet with 7 knots of breeze in that channel, and 8-10 feet with 20 to 25 knots of breeze by Santa Cruz, Santa Rosa, and San Miguel, where we like to go. And that's a typically calm day, at 9AM.

That's why I'm greatly downsizing my powerplants. Just can't use 70 out here, so 800 HP is a total waste. 250HP is a generous overpower offshore here in Southern California.
Old 09-25-2011, 12:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by carcrash
Chris, what an adventure! Thanks for letting us take part vicariously.

Here in the Pacific, those are pretty typical conditions: the ocean sets the speed, not the throttle, and that speed is usually somewhere between 15 and 22 knots.

Those videos of people making Catalina in 20 minutes or less are taken on very, very calm conditions here on the smoothest of the island channels: Catalina Channel. Right now, its only 2-4 feet with 7 knots of breeze in that channel, and 8-10 feet with 20 to 25 knots of breeze by Santa Cruz, Santa Rosa, and San Miguel, where we like to go. And that's a typically calm day, at 9AM.

That's why I'm greatly downsizing my powerplants. Just can't use 70 out here, so 800 HP is a total waste. 250HP is a generous overpower offshore here in Southern California.

Carcrash - thanks for cheering us on! I wish we hadn't lost our power inverter right before we started the race as the streaming video would have been exciting to watch once we started hitting the heaving weather. Next time we run, we will make to have our streaming video system up and running so everyone can not only watch our track, but see real time full motion video.

PStorti/Catmando - I wish the fuel was $1.95 a gallon!! For some reason the pump didn't show the 1 in front of the 800 bucks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.