Like Tree0Likes

Anyone know this Cig?

Reply
Old 09-20-2011, 10:39 PM
  #1
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Thread Starter
 
Orthobam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Midwest, LOTO, Miami Beach
My Boats: 40' Skater, 28' Skater, Statement CC
Posts: 965
Default Anyone know this Cig?

I am new to performance boats. I boat at the Lake of the Ozarks. I have a deal about done one this boat.

http://www.pier57.com/200446CigAmericanMuscle.htm

Anyone know any bad things about this boat?

I about had a deal done on a different boat and found out it was a train wreck. It just seems hard to me to buy these kinds of boats.

Ive had 3 different cruisers in 4 years and have had no troubles or nightmares.

I'm definitely going to do my homework here.

Thanks for any input.
Orthobam is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:51 PM
  #2
Registered
 
big daddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Springfield, Mo
My Boats: 99 Scarab 33 AVS
Posts: 132
Default

Call Brett @ Performance Boat Brokerage in Osage Beach. I believe he knows a little about this boat.
big daddy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:59 PM
  #3
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
blume's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Sherman, Texas
Posts: 2,524
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orthobam View Post
I am new to performance boats. I boat at the Lake of the Ozarks. I have a deal about done one this boat.

http://www.pier57.com/200446CigAmericanMuscle.htm

Anyone know any bad things about this boat?

I about had a deal done on a different boat and found out it was a train wreck. It just seems hard to me to buy these kinds of boats.

Ive had 3 different cruisers in 4 years and have had no troubles or nightmares.

I'm definitely going to do my homework here.

Thanks for any input.
call Tim Gallagher, he will know. He is at deep impact now.
blume is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 11:08 PM
  #4
Registered
 
dreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: cleveland
My Boats: boatless... with money in the bank!!
Posts: 5,798
Default

First post

No performance knowledge and
buying a 46rr with big power
dreamer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:34 AM
  #5
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
BraceYourself's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Oh
Posts: 1,030
Default

I had AM II.

You can't go wrong with a 46 and merc 1075's. It will perform and react as you'd expect. AM I has some serious dollars in those raymarines and smartcraft. I'd imagine it has very little hours on it.

I would not be concerned about your low experience with this boat. Insurance through world wide marine (Bob Luellan) would be about 3K.

This boat will be in great condition as long as Pier 57 hasn't sent it out on poker runs which I don't think they have.

New about a million bucks... 80 or so hours later 1/3 the cost. The depreciation is about over. How many hours on boat and engines?
BraceYourself is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:53 AM
  #6
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Thread Starter
 
Orthobam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Midwest, LOTO, Miami Beach
My Boats: 40' Skater, 28' Skater, Statement CC
Posts: 965
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
First post

No performance knowledge and
buying a 46rr with big power
Seems there is one in every forum.

I thought I would just buy this big ol boat, take it to the keys and see how fast I could go as I slam the throttles forward. Probably be tanked before I start as well.

I used to fly planes and was methodical with my training and maintenance. I have moved on. So I am not an idiot who takes uncalculated risks.

I am taking the Tres Martin Course and have several friends with boats like this.
Orthobam is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:58 AM
  #7
I want my shirt xx2
VIP Member
Trade Score: (1)
 
akaboatman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Baton Rouge La.
My Boats: 2005 cigarette top gun
Posts: 2,265
Default

Saw the boat in 04 Key West poker run.We was in a 03 Lip Ship Top Gun. Loved the American Muscle. Thats all I know. Beautiful. Good luck with your purchase.Hope to see you on the water.
akaboatman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:34 PM
  #8
Registered
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Columbia, MO
My Boats: 38 Cig TG, 36 Envision Legacy ESP
Posts: 464
Default

That is one nice machine. As mentioned, call Brett w/PBB at LOTO, nice honest guy. It would be good to start a relationship w/PBB anyhow if purchasing a performance boat for future needs. Good luck & Congrats! I look forward to hopefully seeing you running at LOTO.
36Envision is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:39 PM
  #9
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
blume's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Sherman, Texas
Posts: 2,524
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orthobam View Post
Seems there is one in every forum.

I thought I would just buy this big ol boat, take it to the keys and see how fast I could go as I slam the throttles forward. Probably be tanked before I start as well.

I used to fly planes and was methodical with my training and maintenance. I have moved on. So I am not an idiot who takes uncalculated risks.

I am taking the Tres Martin Course and have several friends with boats like this.
again, call Tim Gallagher he worked at Cigarette for years and will know more about this boat than anyone...305-343-7990 cell
blume is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:58 PM
  #10
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Thread Starter
 
Orthobam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Midwest, LOTO, Miami Beach
My Boats: 40' Skater, 28' Skater, Statement CC
Posts: 965
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraceYourself View Post
I had AM II.

You can't go wrong with a 46 and merc 1075's. It will perform and react as you'd expect. AM I has some serious dollars in those raymarines and smartcraft. I'd imagine it has very little hours on it.

I would not be concerned about your low experience with this boat. Insurance through world wide marine (Bob Luellan) would be about 3K.

This boat will be in great condition as long as Pier 57 hasn't sent it out on poker runs which I don't think they have.

New about a million bucks... 80 or so hours later 1/3 the cost. The depreciation is about over. How many hours on boat and engines?
Just got off the phone with them.

200 total hours on boat
30 hours on rebuilt motors
Has been in dry storage about a year (not on poker runs)
They have gone through the boat completely and fixed all paint dings etc.
He says "it looks far better in person than in the pictures"

If everything checks out on the marine survey, I'm going to own this boat!!
Orthobam is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:44 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.