Like Tree0Likes

Magic vs. Nordic?

Reply
Old 09-29-2011, 10:29 AM
  #41
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,590
Default

I've been eyeing that one, it's one bad ass looking boat I might have to get more serious about looking once I have my job change completed. I've been in research mode so far.

I like to do some winter boating, like February where it's a frigid Texas 60 and it looks like that boat will be putting a ton of wind in my face. Is that accurate?
Captain YARRR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 02:20 PM
  #42
Registered
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Lake Dallas, TX
My Boats: PQ 260/Laveycreft 29MCOB/ Now Boatless :-(
Posts: 1,087
Default

Only if you stand up! The seat placement and height is designed to have pretty good coverage when you're sitting, you don't even feel the wind.

Deflectors work well, for the driver and passenger, those sitting on the rear bench, not so much. I thought about putting some on, but I don't mind the wind at all.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain YARRR View Post
I've been eyeing that one, it's one bad ass looking boat I might have to get more serious about looking once I have my job change completed. I've been in research mode so far.

I like to do some winter boating, like February where it's a frigid Texas 60 and it looks like that boat will be putting a ton of wind in my face. Is that accurate?

Last edited by bert4332; 09-29-2011 at 02:29 PM.
bert4332 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:12 PM
  #43
Registered
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
My Boats: 2011 Invisible Canoe
Posts: 209
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy View Post
Dave, unless things have changed with Nordic there is no angled floor footrest, you stand flatfooted which is a drag after a while, part of its lake boat heritage for sure.

And the tanks on the 28 are side saddle tanks (unless again, Nordic has changed the designs) which never seemed very "offshore" to me.

If Nordic has changed any of these items I'll stand corrected.
they actually do have the angled floor footrests...got buddies with 98 models and newer and they all have a little angle molded in the floor up to the front
wall of the cuddy to lean on.
will22 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:17 PM
  #44
Member #154
Platinum Member
 
Indy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: SW CT & Long Island Sound
My Boats: Missing my PowerPlay
Posts: 6,756
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by will22 View Post
they actually do have the angled floor footrests...got buddies with 98 models and newer and they all have a little angle molded in the floor up to the front
wall of the cuddy to lean on.
Strange...my '02 had a flat floor with a raised footrest for sitting.
Indy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:31 PM
  #45
Registered
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
My Boats: 2011 Invisible Canoe
Posts: 209
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy View Post
Strange...my '02 had a flat floor with a raised footrest for sitting.
you know what, that may be what im thinking...its a molded fiberglass deal isnt it? im only 5'-7" so i used that when driving theirs to give me a little extra height
will22 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 01:04 PM
  #46
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,791
Default

What is underneath the rear bench cushions on the Nordic?

The Lavey has a 50QT insulated ice chest that drains to the bilge on each side and in the middle is perko switch and pass through connector to raise the hatch if the batteries become drained.


UD
Uncle Dave is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 04:26 PM
  #47
Registered
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Lakeway, TX (Austin/Lake Travis) / LOTO Gravois Arm
My Boats: 2002 Nordic 28 Heat / 2013 Bass Cat Puma FTD
Posts: 669
Default

On the heat, the rear bench is one piece and flips up to reveal a nice open storage area spanning the entire width of the bench. That area also provides easy access to the batteries which are located under two drop-in removable bottom panels -- and the Perko battery switch.
In2Deep is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 04:35 PM
  #48
Registered
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Lake Dallas, TX
My Boats: PQ 260/Laveycreft 29MCOB/ Now Boatless :-(
Posts: 1,087
Default

That is another great thing about them, they hold A LOT of beer, drinks, food, ect.. dump the ice on them and at the end of the day, they're still a ton of ice left. Just pull the drain plug and I don't have to worry about anything else. The storage in the bilge is awesome, I have two of the largest bumpers made and they fit perfectly along with all the other stuff like the big tube, pulling ropes ect.... You don't realize what a comfort they are until you don't have them anymore.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Dave View Post
What is underneath the rear bench cushions on the Nordic?

The Lavey has a 50QT insulated ice chest that drains to the bilge on each side and in the middle is perko switch and pass through connector to raise the hatch if the batteries become drained.


UD
bert4332 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:01 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.