Notices

Outerlimits sets new record

Old 09-29-2011, 12:39 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Marginmn
Never get it a ground war in SE Asia, and never get into an argument with T2x. This is basic stuff yet people keep repeating these mistakes.
My point exactly.........
Old 09-29-2011, 01:12 PM
Registered

Received 216 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by T2x
My point exactly.........
OK.....we surrender, don't send the Oklahoma National Guard to invade Finland.

Changing the direction of this high leaning thread.....T2...what do you think of the three race concept...April - California / Sept - NY and November - Fla??

Enough time between dates so everyone has a shot at preparation of the boats, without the added pressure of a time schedule every couple of weeks.

Sorry, if you covered this in your diatribe back there tha GLH posted.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by MikeyFIN
Has to be close to 50 entrants IMO for a need to split up the field even to 2 classes...

Who needs 10 classes with 5 participants and 3 gets a prize per class....people would get bored stiff at the prize ceremony.
Hello mick fly!!!! Billy and Charlie had 5 classes this year, where are you getting 10 from. nice and simple [class C boats 25 to 32ft single i/b or twin ob, hell add twin i/b. ] that I would run in my 28 single. but not against a 43 OL thats nuts. and trophies would be nice not the 6ft tall ones just a nice 2 footer. since its going to cost about 3grand to run the race, and thats not adding a $1500 gas tank or $2500 fuel bladder. I know over on the other side of the pond you have only 2 classes in P1 and 1 in class1, but guys don't show up in a 24 ,28, 32ft cat to run against the multi millionaire owner drivers of the 47 to 50 cats. oh and the parties over there goodie bags they hand out before the races and trophies after the races are real small .you want 2 classes go watch p1. you need classes over here to fit race teams budgets where not all rich here in our sport. I hope the classes stay and more guys run next year, I need to send my lifelines back to be redone there out dated and need new skins theres more coin right there. congrats to OL for a great boat, I have a tape of me riding in harry turners 37 OL Team Obsession race boat running 95 to 100 off MV cape cod in 27 degee temps jumping the wake of the MV ferry in 1995. I wanted a OL ever since. got to go pains real bad today pills are kicking in.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:05 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Top Banana

Changing the direction of this high leaning thread.....T2...what do you think of the three race concept...April - California / Sept - NY and November - Fla??

Enough time between dates so everyone has a shot at preparation of the boats, without the added pressure of a time schedule every couple of weeks.

Sorry, if you covered this in your diatribe back there tha GLH posted.
I think I was misquoted by GLH (who rewrites the NY Times every Sunday morning apparently).......

Since you asked some very good questions, my response will be in my next Speedonthewater.com article........

(Shameless Plug)

T2x
Old 09-29-2011, 03:13 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
Hello mick fly!!!! Billy and Charlie had 5 classes this year, where are you getting 10 from. nice and simple [class C boats 25 to 32ft single i/b or twin ob, hell add twin i/b. ] that I would run in my 28 single. but not against a 43 OL thats nuts. and trophies would be nice not the 6ft tall ones just a nice 2 footer. since its going to cost about 3grand to run the race, and thats not adding a $1500 gas tank or $2500 fuel bladder. I know over on the other side of the pond you have only 2 classes in P1 and 1 in class1, but guys don't show up in a 24 ,28, 32ft cat to run against the multi millionaire owner drivers of the 47 to 50 cats. oh and the parties over there goodie bags they hand out before the races and trophies after the races are real small .you want 2 classes go watch p1. you need classes over here to fit race teams budgets where not all rich here in our sport. I hope the classes stay and more guys run next year, I need to send my lifelines back to be redone there out dated and need new skins theres more coin right there. congrats to OL for a great boat, I have a tape of me riding in harry turners 37 OL Team Obsession race boat running 95 to 100 off MV cape cod in 27 degee temps jumping the wake of the MV ferry in 1995. I wanted a OL ever since. got to go pains real bad today pills are kicking in.
Regarding classes I just took a low blow on 2fastech...and some organizations in the process in general
Yes the Classes are ok on this one. Just need more racers to show up.
Actually overhere we have several classes.. the UIM have a lot of different small classes. Then there' s the Marasthon Races and those you mentioned plus all the National classes.
I have lost count on them all....

Regarding goodiebags and such it's the same allover.I don't race for money and fame ..just for the fun of it the fame and such is a bonus if it happens.

Last edited by MikeyFIN; 09-29-2011 at 03:22 PM.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Top Banana

Ouch, That was a low blow at Rich
Then on the other hand.. OK Natl Guard is almost enough targets for 1-2 vets of ours.. which as we speak are close to 90 as we speak.

If we'd be swedes we'd be in deep Sh*t...
Bytheway the Thinnest book known is The Swedish War heroes of the Swedish Armed forces... Mange no pun intended I know you're following
Old 09-29-2011, 03:43 PM
Registered

, I have a tape of me riding in harry turners 37 OL Team Obsession race boat running 95 to 100 off MV cape cod in 27 degee temps jumping the wake of the MV ferry in 1995. I wanted a OL ever since. got to go pains real bad today pills are kicking in.
I hear ya..there ain' t no cure for Racingfever....
And reading about these true offshore races ain't helping any...
Still I'm glad they are happening again!!!
Old 09-29-2011, 04:04 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 132 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeyFIN
I hear ya..there ain' t no cure for Racingfever....
And reading about these true offshore races ain't helping any...
Still I'm glad they are happening again!!!
No doubt about marathon racing fever....took the hook, line and sinker, been gaffed and flopping around on the deck!
Old 09-29-2011, 04:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know over on the other side of the pond you have only 2 classes in P1 and 1 in class1, but guys don't show up in a 24 ,28, 32ft cat to run against the multi millionaire owner drivers of the 47 to 50 cats.
Info - The P1 series is now run by OGP.

UIM Marathon Racing runs multi classes - See this link for the rules.

LINK
Old 09-29-2011, 04:29 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 78CIG24
Maybe they meant "Pioneered" as in "helped to make famous"???

In reality if his name hadn't been attached to this race we probably wouldn't be discussing it today....doubt anyone would click on the link saying "Rich's Memorial Long Island Race"..
No...... but the Guy Lombardo Memorial Around Long Island Race has a certain sense of Auld Lang Syne ....eh?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.