Like Tree0Likes

Outerlimits sets new record

Reply
Old 09-29-2011, 01:39 PM
  #211
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member
 
T2x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Granite Quarry, NC
My Boats: 1966 !8' Switzer Wing "Miss Diablo" 1968 Switzer Wing "Dust'n the Wind 2",, 1960 Powercat 15C , 1977 17' Molinari w/Evinrude CCC
Posts: 5,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marginmn View Post
Never get it a ground war in SE Asia, and never get into an argument with T2x. This is basic stuff yet people keep repeating these mistakes.
My point exactly.........
T2x is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 02:12 PM
  #212
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Top Banana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Rhode Island summer, Florida winter
My Boats: 1974 35 Cigarette BENIHANA, 1976 24 Banana Boat.
Posts: 3,413
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2x View Post
My point exactly.........
OK.....we surrender, don't send the Oklahoma National Guard to invade Finland.

Changing the direction of this high leaning thread.....T2...what do you think of the three race concept...April - California / Sept - NY and November - Fla??

Enough time between dates so everyone has a shot at preparation of the boats, without the added pressure of a time schedule every couple of weeks.

Sorry, if you covered this in your diatribe back there tha GLH posted.
Top Banana is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:05 PM
  #213
Registered
 
AIR TIME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: EASTON MA.
My Boats: BAJA OL 650HP/ SABER 28 Gellner unlimited with konrad ace
Posts: 6,281
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyFIN View Post
Has to be close to 50 entrants IMO for a need to split up the field even to 2 classes...

Who needs 10 classes with 5 participants and 3 gets a prize per class....people would get bored stiff at the prize ceremony.
Hello mick fly!!!! Billy and Charlie had 5 classes this year, where are you getting 10 from. nice and simple [class C boats 25 to 32ft single i/b or twin ob, hell add twin i/b. ] that I would run in my 28 single. but not against a 43 OL thats nuts. and trophies would be nice not the 6ft tall ones just a nice 2 footer. since its going to cost about 3grand to run the race, and thats not adding a $1500 gas tank or $2500 fuel bladder. I know over on the other side of the pond you have only 2 classes in P1 and 1 in class1, but guys don't show up in a 24 ,28, 32ft cat to run against the multi millionaire owner drivers of the 47 to 50 cats. oh and the parties over there goodie bags they hand out before the races and trophies after the races are real small .you want 2 classes go watch p1. you need classes over here to fit race teams budgets where not all rich here in our sport. I hope the classes stay and more guys run next year, I need to send my lifelines back to be redone there out dated and need new skins theres more coin right there. congrats to OL for a great boat, I have a tape of me riding in harry turners 37 OL Team Obsession race boat running 95 to 100 off MV cape cod in 27 degee temps jumping the wake of the MV ferry in 1995. I wanted a OL ever since. got to go pains real bad today pills are kicking in.
AIR TIME is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:05 PM
  #214
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member
 
T2x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Granite Quarry, NC
My Boats: 1966 !8' Switzer Wing "Miss Diablo" 1968 Switzer Wing "Dust'n the Wind 2",, 1960 Powercat 15C , 1977 17' Molinari w/Evinrude CCC
Posts: 5,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Banana View Post
OK.....we surrender, don't send the Oklahoma National Guard to invade Finland.

Changing the direction of this high leaning thread.....T2...what do you think of the three race concept...April - California / Sept - NY and November - Fla??

Enough time between dates so everyone has a shot at preparation of the boats, without the added pressure of a time schedule every couple of weeks.

Sorry, if you covered this in your diatribe back there tha GLH posted.
I think I was misquoted by GLH (who rewrites the NY Times every Sunday morning apparently).......

Since you asked some very good questions, my response will be in my next Speedonthewater.com article........

(Shameless Plug)

T2x
T2x is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:13 PM
  #215
Registered
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Turku, Finland
My Boats: Something small blown and light
Posts: 1,814
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR TIME View Post
Hello mick fly!!!! Billy and Charlie had 5 classes this year, where are you getting 10 from. nice and simple [class C boats 25 to 32ft single i/b or twin ob, hell add twin i/b. ] that I would run in my 28 single. but not against a 43 OL thats nuts. and trophies would be nice not the 6ft tall ones just a nice 2 footer. since its going to cost about 3grand to run the race, and thats not adding a $1500 gas tank or $2500 fuel bladder. I know over on the other side of the pond you have only 2 classes in P1 and 1 in class1, but guys don't show up in a 24 ,28, 32ft cat to run against the multi millionaire owner drivers of the 47 to 50 cats. oh and the parties over there goodie bags they hand out before the races and trophies after the races are real small .you want 2 classes go watch p1. you need classes over here to fit race teams budgets where not all rich here in our sport. I hope the classes stay and more guys run next year, I need to send my lifelines back to be redone there out dated and need new skins theres more coin right there. congrats to OL for a great boat, I have a tape of me riding in harry turners 37 OL Team Obsession race boat running 95 to 100 off MV cape cod in 27 degee temps jumping the wake of the MV ferry in 1995. I wanted a OL ever since. got to go pains real bad today pills are kicking in.
Regarding classes I just took a low blow on 2fastech...and some organizations in the process in general
Yes the Classes are ok on this one. Just need more racers to show up.
Actually overhere we have several classes.. the UIM have a lot of different small classes. Then there' s the Marasthon Races and those you mentioned plus all the National classes.
I have lost count on them all....

Regarding goodiebags and such it's the same allover.I don't race for money and fame ..just for the fun of it the fame and such is a bonus if it happens.

Last edited by MikeyFIN; 09-29-2011 at 04:22 PM.
MikeyFIN is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:32 PM
  #216
Registered
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Turku, Finland
My Boats: Something small blown and light
Posts: 1,814
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Banana View Post
OK.....we surrender, don't send the Oklahoma National Guard to invade Finland.

.
Ouch, That was a low blow at Rich
Then on the other hand.. OK Natl Guard is almost enough targets for 1-2 vets of ours.. which as we speak are close to 90 as we speak.

If we'd be swedes we'd be in deep Sh*t...
Bytheway the Thinnest book known is The Swedish War heroes of the Swedish Armed forces... Mange no pun intended I know you're following
MikeyFIN is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:43 PM
  #217
Registered
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Turku, Finland
My Boats: Something small blown and light
Posts: 1,814
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR TIME View Post
, I have a tape of me riding in harry turners 37 OL Team Obsession race boat running 95 to 100 off MV cape cod in 27 degee temps jumping the wake of the MV ferry in 1995. I wanted a OL ever since. got to go pains real bad today pills are kicking in.
I hear ya..there ain' t no cure for Racingfever....
And reading about these true offshore races ain't helping any...
Still I'm glad they are happening again!!!
MikeyFIN is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:04 PM
  #218
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Sonic30ss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: CT
My Boats: 1987 Sonic 30 SS 1998 45' Wellcraft Excalibur
Posts: 1,056
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyFIN View Post
I hear ya..there ain' t no cure for Racingfever....
And reading about these true offshore races ain't helping any...
Still I'm glad they are happening again!!!
No doubt about marathon racing fever....took the hook, line and sinker, been gaffed and flopping around on the deck!
Sonic30ss is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:26 PM
  #219
Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR TIME View Post
I know over on the other side of the pond you have only 2 classes in P1 and 1 in class1, but guys don't show up in a 24 ,28, 32ft cat to run against the multi millionaire owner drivers of the 47 to 50 cats.
Info - The P1 series is now run by OGP.

UIM Marathon Racing runs multi classes - See this link for the rules.

LINK
Ciao! is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:29 PM
  #220
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member
 
T2x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Granite Quarry, NC
My Boats: 1966 !8' Switzer Wing "Miss Diablo" 1968 Switzer Wing "Dust'n the Wind 2",, 1960 Powercat 15C , 1977 17' Molinari w/Evinrude CCC
Posts: 5,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78CIG24 View Post
Maybe they meant "Pioneered" as in "helped to make famous"???

In reality if his name hadn't been attached to this race we probably wouldn't be discussing it today....doubt anyone would click on the link saying "Rich's Memorial Long Island Race"..
No...... but the Guy Lombardo Memorial Around Long Island Race has a certain sense of Auld Lang Syne ....eh?
T2x is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:38 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.