Like Tree0Likes

So, whatever happened to that 50' Aluminum Cat from Canada??

Reply
Old 10-01-2011, 08:47 AM
  #11
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 683
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderusone View Post
I've got the sawzall and blades since you've got the 6's. I'll buy it as long as it can sit in YPM's front yard while we strategize on our component selections. :-)
That trailer and boat is bad ass looking. Too bad nobody has ever finished it to see how it actually runs. I see this thing in your future John.
Enough 4 Play is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 09:07 AM
  #12
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
thunderusone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Mt Juliet, TN
My Boats: Previous 37 OL Current 42 Outerlimits
Posts: 2,161
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough 4 Play View Post
That trailer and boat is bad ass looking. Too bad nobody has ever finished it to see how it actually runs. I see this thing in your future John.
Ahh.....I see we have an "Investor" who has stepped up to the pump. You will have to get a new truck to pull this thing with. A red truck with a yellow boat will never work. You will look like a giant coral snake going down the road. Remember "red touching yellow willl kill a fellow". Seriously.....this thing needs to go back to Area 51 where it belongs. Only the Government has the kind of funding needed to finish this project.
thunderusone is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 09:22 AM
  #13
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 683
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderusone View Post
Ahh.....I see we have an "Investor" who has stepped up to the pump. You will have to get a new truck to pull this thing with. A red truck with a yellow boat will never work. You will look like a giant coral snake going down the road. Remember "red touching yellow willl kill a fellow". Seriously.....this thing needs to go back to Area 51 where it belongs. Only the Government has the kind of funding needed to finish this project.
You might want to take a look at how well the red and yellow go together on your boat. It looks great in your avatar.
Enough 4 Play is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 01:08 PM
  #14
Registered
 
SS930's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: At the office.
My Boats: 1990 Donzi Sweet 16
Posts: 6,684
Default

This cat looked insane many years ago and it still looks amazing today. Too bad it's aluminum, it has to be really heavy. Sadly, nothing will most likely ever come of it.



Darr and Sunkin... too funny!!!
SS930 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 01:18 PM
  #15
naplesimage.com
VIP Member
Trade Score: (1)
 
jayboat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: SWFloridaH2O
My Boats: Every One In Sight
Posts: 18,213
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderusone View Post
Only the Government has the kind of funding needed to finish this project.
Made me spit!
__________________
Roostertail does not lie.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
jayboat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 06:45 PM
  #16
RBH
Registered User
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Mt. Juliet Tennessee
My Boats: 42 Fountain 1075's
Posts: 388
Default

Went over and looked at the boat at the first of summer, the nose of the boat had filled up with H2O and bent the front of the trailer up about 3 feet. Looked ruff....lots of $$ and lots of work. To bad it didn't get finished, I think it was going to have CAT diesels in it.
RBH is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 09:46 PM
  #17
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Harrison Hot Springs BC Canada
My Boats: 2005 Laveycraft NuEra
Posts: 426
Default

hmmmmmmm mellow yellow>>>>>>>
Centsless is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 11:02 PM
  #18
Registered
 
PhantomChaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Bell Canyon, CA
My Boats: Formula FASTech 382 Sunseeker Apache 45
Posts: 12,756
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBH View Post
Went over and looked at the boat at the first of summer, the nose of the boat had filled up with H2O and bent the front of the trailer up about 3 feet. Looked ruff....lots of $$ and lots of work. To bad it didn't get finished, I think it was going to have CAT diesels in it.
Huh? What do you mean the water bent the trailer up?
PhantomChaos is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:58 AM
  #19
Registered
Trade Score: (4)
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Bowling Green, Kentucky
My Boats: DCB F-32
Posts: 1,860
Default

I talked to a guy at a local tire shop who moved the boat at some time. He said the hull was so full of water it bent the trailer. He told me he took it to Canada at some point. He said that they couldn't keep tires on the trailer.
SkiDoc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 02:54 AM
  #20
Registered
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: vancouver bc
My Boats: Formula 400ss, Fountian Lightning 40
Posts: 26
Default

What's the latest on this thing?
turbosonoma is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:57 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.