Notices

Beaching Your Boat????

Old 10-01-2011, 10:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hunster
Freaking trailer Queens , Stay home and keep your junk alll waxed up in the driveway and see how much fun you have.
Old 10-02-2011, 12:32 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Gel coat on the keel can be fixed easily for not a lot of money. The fun I've had on sandbars with friends is well worth the cost.
Actually though, if you do it carefully and there are no rocks, then it causes very little damage. We have a 3-6mph current, so there can be no anchoring a few feet off the sandbar.
I had my 28 Pantera for 5 full seasons and it was probably beached 8-10 times a summer. The gel was starting to get a little thin on the keel, but there was no real damage.
Here is a pic.
Attached Thumbnails Beaching Your Boat????-hullbottom.jpg  
Old 10-02-2011, 07:14 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

Freaking trailer Queens , Stay home and keep your junk alll waxed up in the driveway and see how much fun you have.
My boat is not trailer queen - in fact it gets partied pretty hard, but I still don't want to KNOWINGLY wear the bottom if I don't have to.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:13 AM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

LOL. another interesting thing I've heard is some people actually keep their boat in the water overnight !
ed
Old 10-02-2011, 10:43 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by Interceptor
LOL. another interesting thing I've heard is some people actually keep their boat in the water overnight !
ed
And some let them sit outside uncovered all year with the bow jacked up high.......
Old 10-02-2011, 11:04 AM
Registered

Thumbs up Beaching

Good topic, its amazing during Desert Storm, every April, how many Big Money Skater's, MTIs etc,, are driven up and parked on the sand... Its definitely going to put some small/minor hair scratches on the sponsons, but people do it anyway..tBut I understand, its a boat, and as beautiful as they are, its certainly something thats fun too do, you just have to be careful...

I'll admit, we even do it with our boat, but its alot of fun to pull up on the sand, and watch other boats/people go by, so you just have to be careful where you pull up, and go as slow as possible.....

Last edited by PokerRun388; 10-02-2011 at 11:09 AM.
Old 10-02-2011, 12:41 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Depreciation?

Originally Posted by Dave M
LOL! Reading this thread reminds me of the no shoes, no food, no smoking, etc. etc. threads.

A boat is a depreciating asset. Just like a car or a truck, it's going to show signs of wear. A few scratches on the bottom isn't going to have a huge impact on value. Particularly on a 15+ yr. old boat.

I try to keep my boats in as good shape as possible. But, you can't turn back time.

Oh, and they say a sanded bottom makes you faster!
Depreciation is one thing, wet sanding the bottom is another LOL.
Old 10-02-2011, 01:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Interceptor
ed
Old 10-02-2011, 01:35 PM
Registered

Somebody needs to come up with a pad or mat to put down and drive up on. Then everybody wins no damage and you are on the sand bar ready to party
Old 10-02-2011, 01:43 PM
Registered

There used to be pieces carpet at a few coves we go to.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.