Notices

Lake St. Clair Fun Run

Old 06-11-2002, 10:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's too bad that the races are the same weekend as Jobbienooner. That would be a good time for a fun run since it sounds like some people will be travelling to the area for the party. We're definately up for a fun run just about anytime, the one last year was a blast.

As for rafting for the races, don't do it. We had a raft of 4 or 5 boats last year and we were really getting rocked. Not too relaxing when you're constantly checking to make sure you're not going to lose a rubrail or pull a cleat out of the boat. There's just too much traffic around there. We stuck it out though, and then 10 minutes before the race, a CG boat said we had to move 100 yards back, so we broke it up. It was still pretty cool and we had front row seats.

We've seen 2 new(or newer) Black Thunders this year, usually cruising Metro Beach (one is on a lift across from the second seawall.) Not sure if they are 43's or 46's, but pretty damn sweet either way.
Old 06-12-2002, 12:44 PM
Registered

Rob, what time would I have to be there on Sunday morning?

That Black Thunder was up in Canadian waters a couple times last year. Nice boat.

Bill, way too busy of a weekend but you are right, it would have been a great time to do it.

So come on people, throw some dates out.
Old 06-12-2002, 12:58 PM
Registered

I'm not positive about a time on this one, I just haven't asked yet cuz it's not here yet, and I'm refering those intrested to the guy that is setting it up. so I'll have to get back to you on that. Last year I got there at 9:00am and waited around for a while checking out boats and watching them do testing and stuff in the pits till I had to go to my patrol area.
Old 06-12-2002, 06:51 PM
B.R.S.

I agree with Bill that the Sat after Jobbienooner would be perfect because of all the people in town. If people want to go to the races there is Sunday. My experience from going on the lake and the river is that it really kinda sucks. The officials make you anchor so far away that you can't get that great of a view and it is too churned up to raft. As far as all the traffic goes the races were South of Metro last year and I would assume so this year too so instead of running out from Metro and going to Beach Grill meet up at someplace like Strawberry Is and run North to Port Huron. GPS coridinates of the meeting spot could be posted so out of towners could find us. Everyone should have a GPS by now. You would just need something that stands out so people could find the group like a big flag or a red boat with bright yellow flames or something.

Old 06-13-2002, 09:41 AM
Registered

Dave, I'm all for that plan, I just don't like the date! I have an out of town wedding that day! I kind of wish I had said I couldn't make it now!