Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Please check this out asap, good cause!!! >

Please check this out asap, good cause!!!

Notices

Please check this out asap, good cause!!!

Old 08-18-2011, 08:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Please check this out asap, good cause!!!

ok, as some of you know and some may not. i am running a charity for the death of our friend Mike spirito ( HIGH LIFE) who passed in july in a tragic boating accident where his much loved twin outboard magnum gave out on him.
he lost his life doing what he loved but it was a tragic day on the water.

now here is the thing, i decided to have stickers made in his memory for his family and friends and then i decided im going to sell the stickers for a profit and donate the profits to a charity in mikes name.

well, on august 3 i got a phone call from a friend telling me that our friend Cory was in a motor cycle accident and he didnt make it. he went off a bridge onto the street below and lost his life.

(you can see the news here, watch the vid and you will see his son logan)http://www.thebostonchannel.com/most...86/detail.html

well this being said i was beside myself and just torn up. still think about my 2 friends back to back tragic death and cory leaves behind his 3 year old son, mike left behind his 2 kids as well (both in there 20's)

anyway, i have decided that the charity i will be donating the profits to will be one that corys mom is going to set up for his son logan. it will be an account for him for schooling etc.
i would really appreciate if everyone could take a look at my post and any donations would be great, and thanks to the people who have already donated.
im hoping to hit a good number to donate to my friend cory's son in my friend mikes name.
thanks for looking

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...ut-please.html
Old 08-18-2011, 09:50 AM
Registered

Good

Last edited by scarab63; 08-18-2011 at 10:23 AM. Reason: i dont know how to read
Old 08-18-2011, 09:54 AM
Registered

Sorry, took me a second read. I get it now.
Good job noyz, best of luck hitting your target $$
MD
Old 08-18-2011, 10:25 AM
Registered

corys mom is setting up an account for logan, corys son. this account will be a trust fund for donations etc. there will be 2 power of attorney on this fund so that it can not be used to buy the wrong things, things that are not necessary maybe cars, bikes, toys, things like this that are no a "must" it will be only used for things to help better his life or help out in a hard time now that she is a single mom stuck with this burden. it will be to help him through collage or private school, it will help him better his life. seeing that his dad is no longer around and can not start a collage fund etc.
no life insurance. at 40 he did not expect to need it just yet. so its bad news.
i know after these last few months even tho i am 30 i will be putting together a will, looking into life insurance, and looking into short term disability.
things i never really thought of before but now i think it would be a good thing
Old 08-18-2011, 03:10 PM
Registered

noyzee post on scream n fly thoseguys are very loyal to each other, bring some down in october for our swap meet and river runs, need help pm me
Old 08-18-2011, 03:33 PM
Registered

life insurance is a must no matter ur age. death doesnt tarket any specific age group....makes u think about priorities??
Old 08-18-2011, 06:01 PM
Registered

inneeage, thanks for the info.

290, never really thought much about life insurance or a will untill this happened.never thought to much about it for the simple reason things are good. never hit home to hard that one day it may all end.
if i was to die the only good thing is i have nothing to pay for so a will is more important then insurance, luck for me or maybe silly of me, everything i have i bought and payed for, i have no loans, credit card debt etc, so i guess thats a good thing for the people i would leave behind. my old man always told me to never live above my means and never buy something i could not afford, so i did. my tax bill and insurance is high tho. lol
Old 08-18-2011, 06:02 PM
Registered

ps. i also have no kids
Old 08-18-2011, 06:51 PM
Registered

thats a great charity for the money to go too. Mike would like it I think.

Im happy my donation is going there!

Having two kids I know how tough it is to afford them with both of us never mind if one of us was gone.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:26 AM
Registered

i am going to bump this up for another week or so. see if we can drum up any more sales. right now we are just under the $500 mark. id love to hit that mark before i donate this money.
please help out a good cause.

thanks for looking.