Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Teague Switchables - who's running them? >

Teague Switchables - who's running them?

Notices

Teague Switchables - who's running them?

Old 06-12-2002, 06:43 AM
kook

Default Teague Switchables - who's running them?

Anyone running Teague switchables? If so, what do you think of them?

Old 06-12-2002, 06:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am running them on my AT. I will let you know once I get them all working at the same time. The last time i was out one out of the four were working. I have heard that they work very well, and once they are installed and dialed in, they are very nice. My problem was that my power steering hoses kept touching the actuators, and then they would not close. I think I blew two actuators. I will let you know....
Old 06-12-2002, 08:12 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have them on my Formula and they are wonderfull. When open they cut the noise just a bit. When closed you would think you are through hub!!! I had a problem with one set that I bought used off the board. They were of the older design. Teague took them back when I bought my second set and fixed them for free!!!!! WOW THAT IS CUSTOMER SERVICE!! The most important thing with a system like they have is that you run large guage wire to selenoid and also the actuators themselves. This helps a lot. I give them a A+!!!
Old 06-12-2002, 09:06 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

I just installed a set, but havn't tried them out as of yet. The finish and product appear to be of a good quality. On my boat I had some funkieness with the tips so I sent them to teague to match. Teague did not match them, but did offer to make the changes. Ultimately, I decided to just do it myself.
Old 06-12-2002, 09:43 AM
Registered

Anyone using the special model that mates directly to CMI's pipes? CMI cautioned me that inversion was possible with that setup because the Teague switchables extend inside the transom quite a bit for the mechanism. This in turn shortens the tailpipes. I'm not sure if this advice was a sales pitch for CMI's sound choice though. I like the Teague concept because it eliminates the heavy cast wishbone and you don't need the air pump for actuation.
Old 06-12-2002, 09:54 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I can measure how far mine stick into the boat if you need me to. I would say they stick about 8-10 inches into the boat from the inside of the transom. If that works then I would say you are set. They are a MUCH cleaner look then the cans outside the boat.

Jon
Old 06-12-2002, 10:00 AM
Drew

I have been running Teague switchable tips that are the 4.5" that mate right up to CMI elbow top headers. Had to cut 4" section off of CMI at end of tail pipe. No reversion problems to date. 502mag and run on 540 blower motor. No reversion problems to date. The cam you run has a lot to do with reversion. I also had trouble with tips not closing all the way and burning up solinoid on one side. After second one I sent both tips back and Teague made changes to butterfly's and sent back with new solinoid and no issues now. Teague service A+. I like mine.

Old 06-12-2002, 10:06 AM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default TCM 450'S

I love mine
Went with them last year.
Alot quieter then I would have ever imangined.
They made custom angles for the mounting flange for me.
Like Jon stated, heavy wire. I also had to bump up to a 30 fuse in order to keep from blowing it.
They are some work putting on unless you already have 4.5 holes. But well worth it.
Also like Jon stated, alot better having the mechanics inside the boat versus outside. Cleaner looking.
I really wish they would get the automatics dialed in for retail.
Would love that.
I do run mine above their recommended 3500 only because I left in my silent choice diverters and y-pipes. THis helps with back pressure. Also helps with sound too.

Get them well worth it.
Old 06-12-2002, 10:29 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SuperV has been running them for a couple years....had a couple issues but Teague took care of him,they work great!!!
Old 06-12-2002, 11:25 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good information to hear, I am putting a pair on my new boat!

Quick Reply: Teague Switchables - who's running them?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.