Notices

47 Aronow Reborn

Old 10-16-2011, 07:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 47 Aronow Reborn

(PRWEB) Oct 14, 2011 -- Frisini Motorsports, manufacturers of Sonic, Frisini and Spectre Powerboats, has acquired the original 47 Aronow molds and will be building this model with the latest technologies and materials the industry has to offer.

The 47' Aronow was the last model designed by Don Aronow and his staff and built by his company USA Racing Team before his death. It is rumored that Don had designed this boat for himself to get back into the offshore racing circuit.

Owner Tony Frisina commented “Don Aronow is world reknown as the father of offshore powerboating and is an American Legend. In tribute to Don, we will build Hull #1 exaclty as he designed it, creating a state of the art time piece in his honor.

This large offshore boat has a large luxury cabin, a spacious cockpit and features one of the largest engine rooms ever designed in an offshore powerboat.

The 47 Aronow Tribute will be a one time build and is being offered to the public to purchase with multiple engine packages available.

The Frisini Motorsports version of the 47 will be completely updated with changes to the design for more of a modern era look and feel. It will boast a large and roomy cabin as well as a plethora of amenities for boaters who demand only the best. It will be offered with Mercurys new 1100 and 1350 Twin Turbo engines and It will also feature a new state of the art step bottom giving it the performance that is the epitome of the Don Aronow legacy.

”The performance boat market has seen better days for sure, but a Legendary boat like this will never die” said John Cunningham, head of Marketing and Sales “The response from avid offshore boaters has been incredible to say the least and am shocked to see how many boaters have interest in this Don Aronow original. I am looking forward to taking her out for a ride for the first time"

Frisini Motorsport's corporate office is based across the Hudson river from New York City on the Jersey shore and the boats are being built in the current manufacturing plant in sunny Fort Pierce Florida.

For more information on Frisini Motorsports and Sonic Powerboats, visit them at http://www.sonicusaboats.com

About Frisini Motorsports

Frisini Motorsports is dedicated to building affordable custom boats for world over. To inquire about becoming a dealer for the Sonic , Frisini or Spectre line, please visit them at http://www.frisini.com
Corporate: 201-438-1016
Fax: 201-438-7750
Manufacturing: 772-429-8888
Old 10-16-2011, 09:50 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've seen those molds for sell for a while. Glad someone will bring back this beast with modern materials , etc. Can't wait to see it.
Old 10-16-2011, 11:07 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Holy sunpads, Batman!

How many of these were built? Just the one in the pic?
Old 10-16-2011, 02:51 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

So which is it? The picture shows an "Aronow 45" but I always thought the 47 was more of a cruiser like this boat:

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1990.../United-States
Old 10-16-2011, 03:03 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by damdonzi
So which is it? The picture shows an "Aronow 45" but I always thought the 47 was more of a cruiser like this boat:

maybe they are going to add a beak to the 45???

Old 10-16-2011, 03:28 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

oooohhhh Red Velvet sunpad! Very poor photoshop BTW
Old 10-16-2011, 03:29 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by damdonzi

Today's LOA measurments make it a 47 with the swin deck
Old 10-16-2011, 03:31 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

My understanding is the "45" was actually 47' when you include the swim platform.
The old way of measuring was based on running surface, bow point to transom.
Old 10-16-2011, 04:45 PM
Registered

Received 201 Likes on 80 Posts

For fear of opening up an APACHE thread, I want to say just a couple of things.

First, Frisini has done such a great job wth the other molds, they bought, it would be nice if this also turned out to be what we all hope it is......BUT, it may take more than an old brochure to prove it's originality!

Here is the story as I remember it............

Don never finished the hull plug for the last big boat before he was killed. His son Michael took over the running of the company for a period of time and finished the hull plug and the original hull mold, see the photos below of the plug being worked on from Michael's book.....and then the company was sold to some Mid Eastern investors, who promptly hired Gary Gabrecht to run the company.

Deck designs were finished by Garbrecht. As you can see by the photo, that deck design for sure was not Don. Boats were made and marketed, boats did not sell and the new investors became disillusioned with the boat business and had some disagreements with the managment. Sound familiar???

Gary, seeking to protect his interest took the original mold for negotiations with the new owners, it was a 45 by the way, up to his shop in central Florida. The business continued for a while, but the investors were now buying boats from other companies, like Midnight Express, and putting the Aronow decal on them. It didn't quite have the same ring to it as when it was Don's company and his personal idea for the designs and sales plummeted. Take a look at the photo of a finished Aronow boat below....kind of leaves you with a big question in your head doesn't it?? But, that is what they were selling as Aronow's back then.

In the end there were a couple of 40 something boats, being made and marketed by the Aronow Marine group, yes some were even spoken about as coming from the SHHHHH, hold your breath....the APACHE molds.

A couple of years ago, Bobby Saccenti and I heard of the original missing Aronow mold and Bobby went to inspect it. It was located at the top of the keys in a warehouse.......his opinion, not the original one...maybe a Midnight, maybe a knockoff of, yup, I'll say it again....an APACHE.

So if somewhere up in central Florida, Gary's estate has enearthed the original mold squirreled away so many years ago...like 25 plus years, that is great and nice to have it back in the world of high performance.

But if not, it could be a secret Cigarette design, or a narrowed down big boat Magnum design. Remember Don split a 39 deep vee and made a cat out of it, so why not split a wide Magnum and make a narrow boat out of it?

Probably the only one who can tell for sure, would be Michael as he was there when the plug was finished and the mold was made.

The land and building were sold to a rich Brazilian racer who Bobby Moore worked for....... and the location became Bobby & Jacks' shop. Later it was the first Florida location for OSO....small world eh?
Attached Thumbnails 47 Aronow Reborn-aronow-470002-medium-.jpg   47 Aronow Reborn-aronow-470004-medium-.jpg   47 Aronow Reborn-aronow-45-medium-.jpg  

Last edited by Top Banana; 10-16-2011 at 04:54 PM.
Old 10-16-2011, 06:17 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Here's another picture.
Attached Thumbnails 47 Aronow Reborn-4800-aronow-45-alpha-2.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.