Maximus throws blade at my SCX >

Maximus throws blade at my SCX

Notices

Maximus throws blade at my SCX

Old 10-18-2011, 07:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mike38scarab
I hope it's a typo. But if you were spinning that prop at 6300RPM's what do you think was going to happen??

Mercury started using higher strength alloys a few years ago. They even had to re-tool because of the hardness of the metals.

When was the last time you inspected your prop? If there was any kind of ding or scratch caused by hitting the prop with a tool, rock, wood, etc., it could have caused a stress point on a blade. Centrifugal force at 6300RPM and it came apart.

There shouldn't be anything wrong with your props as long as they are worked properly (were they repaired?).

Include a visual inspection of the props prior to splashing the boat and check for loose nuts and proper torques on the drives on a regular interval. You would be amazed at what starts to come loose when we run the hell out of these things.
I have two prop the Max and a P5X hydo. I just put the max on that day so yes I looked at and it sill look like new.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:00 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by goebel1
I have two prop the Max and a P5X hydo. I just put the max on that day so yes I looked at and it sill look like new.
Which prop runs the best ?
Old 10-18-2011, 10:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by A.O. Razor
That's funny

What are you on about? These props are not meant to be surfaced, stress risers or not. Do you really think the prop was spinning @ 6300? The motor was. The words gear ratio comes to mind. Let's crunch a number for fun. 32" pitch @ 6300 rpm's with 10% slip. 172 mph!!!
The Herings will hold up better, but as with big hp Bravo style drives, it's on limited time.
what gear a 1.50 =6300rpms =10%= a 32p prop = 114mph. did you mean 1 to 1 gears? I'll look that up. arh ha thats the ticket 1 to 1 = 172 that would be some fast biotch!!!

Last edited by AIR TIME; 10-18-2011 at 10:05 PM.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by goebel1
which gives you more bow lift?? thanks or rides better
Old 10-18-2011, 10:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by racinfever
Which prop runs the best ?
Max is 4MPH faster the boat rides tall.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
which gives you more bow lift?? thanks or rides better
The max with 5/8" cut off the tube bow rides very hi = short tube
The max with long tube bow hight is = to the P5X the boat rides a little flatter and the transom is higher. I had to settle the transom down(china) so I cut the tube now it ride great at WOT.
The P5X is a great prop... better low and mid performance by 8MPH.

Last edited by goebel1; 10-18-2011 at 10:39 PM.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:46 PM
Registered

thanks, I just started testing the saber and its all over the place. I have a konrad ace with a shortie. started at 3'' and it porpoised so bad. even with tabs all the way down the boat rode bow high. with a 1'' spacer its its a little better I think, we didn't run it much. I hope to try a full size lower to see if its better. other wise its balance. it was a hard porpoise.