Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Golden Eagle Poker Run- Okla this sat. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/26437-golden-eagle-poker-run-okla-sat.html)

blown formula 06-18-2002 02:55 PM

SR-24, Gordo or 283check need to tell us about the HTM race with Gordo. I did not see it. wish I had though!!
Robert & I may be hosting a gathering later this summer complete with a Oklahoma Rib cook-out, you BAB!! (bring all the beer !!)
Anyone interested???? :D

SR-24 06-18-2002 03:29 PM

What kind of boat does Gordo drive?

Mrs 283Check 06-18-2002 04:53 PM

Gordo drives an Active Thunder with F1-51 and One Vision Racing on the sides. I believe the HTM was the one with the red flames. It was really nice to meet everyone. That's a beautiful lake - we got to see a little bit more of it this time than in September. Boat was broken then also and we rented a pontoon- a VERY SLOW pontoon. Can't wait for the next one.

Cyndi

SR-24 06-19-2002 09:40 AM

Cyndi, I figured that might have been Gordo. I was in the passenger seat of the HTM when we hooked them up. That was the first time he had really opened the boat up. Were you in Gordo's boat at the time? If so, how fast were you guys running? Randy's GPS quit working, he thought a ground wire must have came loose.

Mrs 283Check 06-19-2002 11:11 AM

No I wasn't in Gordo's boat at the time - they had even kicked Julie (H20 Cowgirl) out - or wait maybe she left by choice - so she wouldn't bounce out :) and went for a guys only run. Julie has a picture of them on their fly by. I'm not sure if Gordo has a GPS or not I seem to remember something about it coming loose when he was racing in P class and he threw it over his shoulder thinking he was throwing it in the back seat when in actuality he threw it out the back of the boat :)

Cyndi

SR-24 06-19-2002 11:15 AM

Thanks, I'll try to email Gordo.

283CHECK 06-19-2002 12:21 PM

BBQ and Boating

Now I could be down with that:D If I ever get my damned boat back!!!!!:mad: :mad: Blown I still may need the name of that motor guy you know! Plus that would give me a real good reason to come back down to Eufala a couple more times this year;) :D ;)

Chris

Gordo 06-19-2002 12:24 PM

SR-24

That was the HTM we raced. Beautiful boat !! We actually seemed to have somewhat of a jump on you guys, but I knew y'all would be coming. As Cyndi said, I had a little "misfortune" with my GPS, but judging by my rpm's and being light on fuel, we was running right at 81mph.
It was a fun race, even though you guys finally edged us out. I'm thinking I'm pretty lucky he doesn't have it dialed in yet. I would have been for a real ass whoopin. ;)
We are deffinately looking forward to partying with y'all again next year. THAT was a blast!

SR-24 06-19-2002 12:37 PM

Hey Gordo! Yeah I wish we could've been a little closer or at least on more of a straight away. I thought for sure you were running faster than that but with that much wind in your face it always seems like your flying. He has had the boat to 90 when it smoked his coupler and I think he really hurt hisself by putting the 32 prop on, it killed his rpm and horsepower. I want to make it back down there again myself this year, it is a fun lake to hang out on.

SR-24 06-19-2002 12:40 PM

283, I know of a couple of really good engine builders. Bobby Tillford from Sand Springs built mine and alot of people are having a guy named Keith Scroggins from Okla. City build theirs.