Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Outerlimits Offering Don Aronow Limited Edition SV43 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/264485-outerlimits-offering-don-aronow-limited-edition-sv43.html)

4195 10-22-2011 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by stainless (Post 3533939)
I don't know about Kool Aid, but I can tell you I was running with the sv43 up at the fall river poker run and he was going 115 ++ ! I was impressed as he'll, and I'm a die hard Skater guy! I thought that was pretty impressive for a big v bottom with 725 hp/side.

I have no doubt the boat is beautiful and fast I think that holds true with Outerlimits brand, it is just this constant Outerlimits is holier than tho thing, let the boats speak for themselves or hear good positive comments like yours. That's all I am saying keep it informative vs. A pissing match thing which it usually turns into.

stainless 10-22-2011 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by RebarBox (Post 3533942)
+1

Best post on the whole thread.

Agreed!

Jluloff 10-22-2011 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Jassman (Post 3533811)
Marketing, cheerleeding, call it what you want. There are different brands for different reasons...if your brand works for you..great..but dont shove your brand up my azz and make it like every other brand is a pos...thats my point. I have nothing against OL boats, actually really like them, very innovative... just some of the representation at time to time I believe could be on a more professional level..Jeff

No kidding...what a douche.

Rattlesnake Jake 10-22-2011 01:18 PM

Bottom line is Michael A. Chose Mike F. to build the boat. You can pis n moan all you want and accomplish nothing.
Opinions are like A Holes, everyone has one. Now for mine.
I think the boat is absolutley Beautiful white or black and if I had the $$$$$ I would buy one.

Mayhaps I'll just put a #1 on the side of my Formula..:evilb:

SS930 10-22-2011 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by 4195 (Post 3533936)
Congrats Scot you too have now drank the olmighty Kool Aid.

I wouldn't go that far, but I am VERY impressed with the numbers those SV43's run. I've run with them a couple of times and they flat out haul azz for their size!

As Steve just mentioned, at FR he couldn't reel in that 43 with his Ilmor powered 32B Skater... IMO that's pretty damn impressive that the significantly smaller skater with 710 Ilmors couldn't reel in the much larger vee with 725 Ilmors in decent water. Those 43's run!!!

Whipple Charged 10-22-2011 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by BLee (Post 3533701)

Funny, Cig didn't do too well after that race. Again, who one the championship that year? The Cig was uncompetitive after that race, plagued by handling problems. If you ever get a chance to talk to Luca Fendi who raced that boat what he thinks about the boat comparison....

Whipple Charged 10-22-2011 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by scarab63 (Post 3533852)
IMO, poor effort using dons name.
If any of dons former companys wanted to build a don a edition i.e. formula, cig, etc... It would make more sence, but o.l.???

If o.l. Is trying to carry some steam off the long island marathon record breaker why not offer buyers a ” long island edition ” and do more than slap a ” 1” on the hull.
How about the ” long island edition ” comes with larger tanks than a standard 43, making it purpose built for marathon racing.

Imo this isnt a tribute build but a shatty marketing attempt using a legends name to boost sales and publicity. Sorry o.l.
Mike D

You guys are very misguided. This is what Don's son wanted. He wanted to do a tribute to his father, and he picked the boat he felt best represented Don's passion to having the fastest, best handling boats.

Love it or hate it, some of your guys negative comments are just flat out wrong and out of line.

Indy 10-22-2011 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by 2fast9tech2 (Post 3533783)
I agree it is sad. By default these companies develop "fanboys". In the end they do more harm than good. it reminds me of the BMW or Vw guys. People who think every product is far inferior to that in which they own. They always have a chip on there shoulder, it's hard to do anything other than disagree and fight with them. So again yes it is sad. Experiences here have left a bad taste in my mouth. I'd rather go do dealings with another company. Again just my opinion.

Puhleeeze...you'd sh!tcan an OL because of something someone does or does not say? You can't be serious. I don't care if Penelope Pitstop was their spokesperson, those are some fine machines that I'd be head over heels to own.

These internet forum beefs are so stupid at times you all take it so far it's ludicrous.

Whipple Charged 10-22-2011 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin (Post 3533906)
He acts like an immature douche, you know it,I know it and if I were ever to buy an Outerlimits first thing I would say to Mike is keep that lil douche out of sight and away from me during the purchase.. there it's been said... :D have a nice day, thanks Bye!

Sorry, but Dan has done nothing on this post other than answer the questions posted or address the incorrect statements.

This thread was posted by Matt Trulio @ Speed on the Water. The article was detailed and informative. How you guys have twisted this thread about a tribute boat of one of the legendary boating figures into a malicious attack on Dan and OL is shocking to me.

Get this thread back on track and keep the comments about the tribute boat being offered.

1MOSES1 10-22-2011 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Indy (Post 3533969)
Puhleeeze...you'd sh!tcan an OL because of something someone does or does not say? You can't be serious. I don't care if Penelope Pitstop was their spokesperson, those are some fine machines that I'd be head over heels to own.

These internet forum beefs are so stupid at times you all take it so far it's ludicrous.

We'll have to agree to disagree. I won't buy a BMW for this exact reason. I don't want to be stereotyped for what I own...it's just that simple. They are awesome machines (BMW and OL) but I can't be bothered with the drama that surrounds them.