Outerlimits Offering Don Aronow Limited Edition SV43 >

Outerlimits Offering Don Aronow Limited Edition SV43

Notices

Outerlimits Offering Don Aronow Limited Edition SV43

Old 10-26-2011, 09:11 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by O.C.Barry
This is a really interesting thread, but I have to get in my Carroll Shelby Limited Edition Corvette and get back to work where we happen to be working on a new set of Arnold Palmer signature golf clubs for Tiger Woods, who I'm told will arrive to pick them up on his Harley Davidson Suzuki tribute cycle.
That about sums it up.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:24 AM
Registered

Received 894 Likes on 485 Posts

Originally Posted by Rick G
This thread is really entertaining. I think it makes absolutely no sense for a builder to offer a boat in honor of another builder especially given the fact that if that builder were still alive he would be a fierce competetor and given his track record still winning. O.C. Barry put it best in post 301.I'm not sure this has already been said but here is a thought, why doesn't Mike build a boat to honor his father who actually started a boat company , I think raced boats and his boats were also some of the first stepped bottom models offered.
Just a thought.
RG.

+1............Best post on here!

A tribute to Paul Fiore would be just as cool and way more relevant.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rick G
This thread is really entertaining. I think it makes absolutely no sense for a builder to offer a boat in honor of another builder especially given the fact that if that builder were still alive he would be a fierce competetor and given his track record still winning.
Exactly.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:02 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
+1............Best post on here!

A tribute to Paul Fiore would be just as cool and way more relevant.

That's one man I respect....
Old 10-26-2011, 07:17 PM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One of the first things I learned when I was introduced to the go fast world was that Don was the man and pretty much every go fast boat brand out there was a splash of one of Dons boats in one way shape or form. It seems only fitting to me that other brands pay homage to him.

Rick G ... "I think it makes absolutely no sense for a builder to offer a boat in honor of another builder especially given the fact that if that builder were still alive he would be a fierce competetor and given his track record still winning." To me thats kinda the point of all this.... he would still be a fierce competitor and given his track record, he would be on his 20th company by now ... and all of them would be wonderful but since he's not still around, they are honoring his vision of continuing to advance the product.

Don Aronow, according to those who knew him, was unlike any other.... that is why he is getting the tribute. I'm surprised at how many go fast boaters dont see that... regardless of your personal favorite brand.....
Old 10-26-2011, 08:40 PM
Registered

I must say, that is an awesome looking boat! love the black.

Old 10-26-2011, 09:31 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by pqlal789qreo
I must say, that is an awesome looking boat! love the black.

You certainly cannot knock the boat or its performance.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:44 PM
Registered

Received 367 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by pm203
You certainly cannot knock the boat or its performance.
Yup, I agree 100%
Old 10-26-2011, 10:20 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
Given the fact OL is a custom build to order company, how can they have a limited edition. the basic hull is the same but on every build doesnt the customer spec motors, drives, dash, cabin and cockpit as well as paint
Don't screw this thread up with a bunch of damn logic or facts.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:34 PM
Registered

Wink

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
Re-reading my article won't help you guys with the questions you've raised on copyright infringement. What I wrote about was the plans of Michael Aronow and Michael Fiore to release a Don Aronow Limited Edition Outerlimits. Nothing more and or less. (And I did list the 525EFI engines as base power ... I even started the sentence with "Base power is ..." Then again, it's Friday and it can be very hard to read with beer goggles.)

I am not a lawyer, something that—all apologies to my attorney cousin who is one of my best friends—I take pride in. Copyright is complex. For example, the use of the "1" everyone is talking about may (or may not) only be copyright infringement if it's used with the words "Cigarette World Champion." A different font for the "1' than the one used by Cigarette could be enough for it not to be infringement. I have no idea.

But I do know that Michael Fiore and Michael Aronow were inspired by what Joe Cibellis and Joe Sgro did in a SV43 Outerlimits in the Don Aronow Memorial Around Long Island race. That's what I know.
Thank you, thats what I was thinking it was about, Joes win with the new record. back in the old days Don was flipping boat companies in the early 80s. he sold cigarette twice in what 3years. good luck Mike A and Mike F. Don would be on his 20th company by now. Art

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.