Like Tree0Likes

Best all around boat around 30'

Reply
Old 10-26-2011, 11:18 AM
  #71
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
Keytime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Derby, KS
My Boats: 1999 Checkmate 283 Convincor
Posts: 2,730
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarab63 View Post
Fountain is a nice boat except the gay lefty throttle.
I could never get past that, but some people have nbd.
To me it'd b like jerkin off w the opposite hand, I could get the job done but it'd never feel right
So, if your left arm went numb, would it feel like someone else was throttling??

Keytime is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 03:40 PM
  #72
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: catawba island, ohio
Posts: 242
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaDream07 View Post
Over nighting is not a concern. With the heat humidity in Louisiana I don't plan on the weather being right for over nighting very often.
You do know alot of boats 28ft and lager have AC right? So you can over night pretty easy with that. Just plug into shore power and flip it on
BigBoater is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:44 PM
  #73
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 8
Default

Out of those, I'd go with the small block Sunny as well. There's a couple in the classifieds that look really good and I like them for the same reasons.



pqlal789qreo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 07:42 PM
  #74
Registered
Trade Score: (1)
 
onesickpantera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Michigan
My Boats: 1999 Pantera 24 Sport
Posts: 4,261
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88242LS View Post
must be a good performer I see no other attraction
It's "no frills" boat but performs quite well. Seem to handle bigger water well for it's size and are a fast hull. Pretty sure their new hull will run about 80mph with a single 525.

Downfall to many is the 7' beam and lack of amenities. But when performance is #1 on the list it's a great candidate.
onesickpantera is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 07:57 PM
  #75
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: oshawa ontario
My Boats: 31 Scarab Thunder
Posts: 4,699
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastercraft240 View Post
29 Kryptonite. kthanks.
X2 if no overnighting will be required.
pullmytrigger is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:41 PM
  #76
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
Dave M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: LaPlata, MD, USA
My Boats: 2017 30 Concept, 300 Verados
Posts: 5,221
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by onesickpantera View Post
It's "no frills" boat but performs quite well. Seem to handle bigger water well for it's size and are a fast hull. Pretty sure their new hull will run about 80mph with a single 525.

Downfall to many is the 7' beam and lack of amenities. But when performance is #1 on the list it's a great candidate.
If I had a dollar for everytime somebody brings up that 7' beam thing.

I bet the Y2K has more cockpit space than most boats it's size. You can have a party in the engine compartment and the cabin is huge. The boat is 32' LOA.

As far as amenities, most buyers aren't buying for that. But, you can have the boat built however you want it.

You are pretty much right on with the performace. I've seen 80 w/525 and a light load. The boats made after 2007 claim a few more MPH.
Dave M is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 09:34 PM
  #77
Registered
Trade Score: (1)
 
onesickpantera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Michigan
My Boats: 1999 Pantera 24 Sport
Posts: 4,261
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
If I had a dollar for everytime somebody brings up that 7' beam thing.

I bet the Y2K has more cockpit space than most boats it's size. You can have a party in the engine compartment and the cabin is huge. The boat is 32' LOA.

As far as amenities, most buyers aren't buying for that. But, you can have the boat built however you want it.

You are pretty much right on with the performance. I've seen 80 w/525 and a light load. The boats made after 2007 claim a few more MPH.
You'd have $20?

I don't have a problem with the beam I was just saying many people do. They want a bigger, deeper, wider boat when they get into the 30' range. Myself, I like the Y2K but I am into the "no-frills" boats that perform. Pantera, Superboat, Warlock, Activator, Kryptonite, etc. etc. And I prefer sit-down boats.
onesickpantera is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 09:53 PM
  #78
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: LI, New York
Posts: 1,491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by onesickpantera View Post
You'd have $20?

I don't have a problem with the beam I was just saying many people do. They want a bigger, deeper, wider boat when they get into the 30' range. Myself, I like the Y2K but I am into the "no-frills" boats that perform. Pantera, Superboat, Warlock, Activator, Kryptonite, etc. etc. And I prefer sit-down boats.
Define frills? I have pretty much everything I'd need in my kryptonite minus a generator. Stereo, underwater leds, storage, cupholders, ridiculous jl audio sound system with ipod hookup..... and still a 90mph with 650hp. The only thing that kept me away from the y2k was the 7 foot beam and speed limitations. A 7 foot beam gets real hard to balance for a begginner. It's downright annoying when your idling and the boats leaning hard to one side. And if you want to go faster than 85, its not really meant to do that. You'd need monster hp to get it moving. However, if your simply looking to go offshore it is a monster. It will leave most boats, including the kryptonite, pantera, active thunder, activator(maybe)....in the dust.
Mastercraft240 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 09:58 PM
  #79
Charter Member
Charter Member
Trade Score: (1)
 
Ted G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Edgerock Baby!!
My Boats: Marlago 35 FS, 18 Neptune CC
Posts: 7,661
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastercraft240 View Post
The only thing that kept me away from the y2k was the 7 foot beam and speed limitations. A 7 foot beam gets real hard to balance for a beginner. With tabs there are no "balance" problems, it runs just like a big boat except the single makes you drag a little tab to keep the minor lean out (more pronounced with a 5 blade prop). It's downright annoying when your idling and the boats leaning hard to one side. They are perfectly level unless everyone goes to one side, this is not a jon boat. And if you want to go faster than 85, its not really meant to do that. You'd need monster hp to get it moving. The Y2K was designed to have as much as 1000 HP and will run well over 90 with 800, several run over 100 and it is 32 LOA. However, if your simply looking to go offshore it is a monster. It will leave most boats, including the kryptonite, pantera, active thunder, activator(maybe)....in the dust. If you have the skills, any of those boats in that size range require a significant amount of "driving".
FIFY
__________________
Chesapeake Bay Powerboat Association
www.cbpba.com
Ted G is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 07:57 AM
  #80
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: LI, New York
Posts: 1,491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted G View Post
FIFY
All very true. That being said if I were in the
Market for a y2k I'd take a look at jonnys superboat with the 525. Clean and fast boat!!
Mastercraft240 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:42 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.