Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
You asked for it, you got it! MTI Debut's its CC!! >

You asked for it, you got it! MTI Debut's its CC!!

Notices

You asked for it, you got it! MTI Debut's its CC!!

Old 10-31-2011, 11:53 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 36Tango
Do you think that it may have been in order to make room for the cabin under the center section of the boat as it said in the article? I have not been in alot of cats, but I think that would be pretty tough to design into one.
That may have been the reason. We won't know until Matt sits down with Randy or has a phone interview. I say Matt because Marilyn DeMartini hasn't been very active on the marine press scene lately that I have seen.

If this boat sells well maybe Randy will use one of his cat hulls. Cobra boats in New Jersey built a 36' cat CC and it ran really well with trip 300s, I think close to 90.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:55 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by THEJOKER
I've seen that look somewhere before.
Where? Care to elaborate?
Old 10-31-2011, 12:14 PM
Fast Priorty II Nor-Tech
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Like Nor-tech
Old 10-31-2011, 01:00 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 556 Likes on 265 Posts

You guys are on the right track. I asked Randy about that and he said the market was much broader for the V-bottom style, plus he said at slower speed/idle/etc. a V-bottom is a little more manageable.

Randy didn't rule out building a catamaran CC, but he knows from his current customers and what else is out there that the V-bottom style is the way to go to reach more people. He also expects his boat to be one that current center-console customers will "step up to."

I can't wait to see the finished product!

Thanks
-Jason
http://www.powerboatmag.com

PS Marilyn is pretty active in the marine scene, she handles the PR for companies such as Cigarette, Latham and Peters & May. In fact, she spent the last few days at the Fort Lauderdale Boat Show.

Originally Posted by Catmando
That may have been the reason. We won't know until Matt sits down with Randy or has a phone interview. I say Matt because Marilyn DeMartini hasn't been very active on the marine press scene lately that I have seen.

If this boat sells well maybe Randy will use one of his cat hulls. Cobra boats in New Jersey built a 36' cat CC and it ran really well with trip 300s, I think close to 90.

Originally Posted by 36Tango View Post
Do you think that it may have been in order to make room for the cabin under the center section of the boat as it said in the article? I have not been in alot of cats, but I think that would be pretty tough to design into one.

Last edited by Jason Johnson; 10-31-2011 at 01:02 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:02 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Great looking CC.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:20 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts

Plenty of drink holders and bolsters, looks very nice.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:27 PM
Registered

Received 3,021 Likes on 988 Posts

I can't wait to see the cabin lay out. Going to be cool.
Old 10-31-2011, 04:14 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Plenty of seating & looks sharp
Old 10-31-2011, 04:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love the layout on the boat and the windscreen design is beautiful.
Old 10-31-2011, 04:42 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
I don't know man, I'm not a boat builder but I just dont see a big market for a catermeran center console. Cat center consoles are not very traditional...I would think that would take a small market and make it even smaller.

However, I'd bet a check if someone wanted a cat CC built, MTI (or anyone else for that matter) would build it. Remember, "custom builders" we're talking about.

With that said, look close at those renderings....that thing is SICK!!
Maybe there is no market because nobody builds a good one! All that is out there is the Advantage 34 party cat and the mares, and they are both **** for running in the ocean. I had a 28 Daytona and now have the 37 Spectre CC which I like but I hate the way V-bottoms ride, always bouncing around and constantly having to adjust tabs everytime someone farts! If Skater MTI or Nortech would build a CC cat with I/O's as well as outboard options I think it would sell very well. You would have even more space than a v hull but have the speed and handling of a cat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.