What length bunks on lift???? >

What length bunks on lift????

Notices

What length bunks on lift????

Old 11-03-2011, 01:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What length bunks on lift????

Need for a little info on what constitutes appropriate bunk length on a lift....

Looking at buying a Formula 357 and putting it on the 4 post lift at the house I am currently renting. The lift is almost new....just put in earlier this year...weight capacity is not an issue. Bunks currently on lift are comprised of two 1.5" x 10"s bolted together on each side, so effectively they are 3" x 10"s on each side. Seem to be very solid, but my question is with the length....they are 14'3". Is this long enough for a 35'7" boat, or do I have to have longer bunks? If I can get away with the bunks already on there I'd be thrilled. Would hate to have to modify the lift since this is a rental house (although I do have a long term lease), but will do what it takes if there is no other way around it and buy longer bunks.....

Thanks!
Old 11-03-2011, 01:58 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

12' -15' would be best