Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Virgin Island boat rentals >

Virgin Island boat rentals

Notices

Virgin Island boat rentals

Old 12-04-2011, 07:14 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

You may have all ready left but don`t be afraid to rent a car their so many great beaches to see off the beaten path with very few people on them.

have a great time
Old 12-17-2011, 12:09 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Had a great trip but only one day boating.
I wanted to bareboat so the best choice was Nauti Nymph.
Got a Fountian 29 CC, which served the purpose just fine.
Oddly, no depth sounder though.
Great place for a vacation and great boating.

Last edited by nsformula; 12-17-2011 at 12:45 PM.
Old 12-18-2011, 06:48 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Glad you had a great time! They used to have some dead honda 4 strokes on those 29's. I see they went to the etecs. Lucky you!
Old 01-22-2014, 03:27 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Debating a trip down to St. Thomas this spring. Anyone else have experience with boat rental and/or captain rental down there?
Old 01-22-2014, 03:57 PM
Registered

Location: Solomons Island, MD, Vero Beach and Punta Gorda, FL
Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Brian, we rented a boat in St. Thomas and Peter Island for the last couple of years and went all through the BVI's (actually met Bobthebuilder in his Nortech at Saba Rock). I can get both places we rented from if you like. You might want to hit David up (on OSO as Expat). All the boat rentals places know him and they won't likely give you a hard time for overnight rental of their powerboats. Let me know.

Ed
Old 01-22-2014, 04:28 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Debating a trip down to St. Thomas this spring. Anyone else have experience with boat rental and/or captain rental down there?
I have a captain buddy down there in Red Hook. He lately has been running large charters to other islands but he does do smaller ones at times and if he can't his buddy will in his 33 Scarab CC.

We went all through BVI at a few different spots just to swim, take pics, and all that and then to Jos Van Dyke for a LOT of pain killers... .then at sunset to Christmas cove for a night swim.. Amazing.

Last edited by Nate5.0; 01-22-2014 at 04:34 PM.
Old 01-22-2014, 04:34 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We go down there annually and take a boat out everytime, We have been out on Nauti Nymph, Ocean Runner, and Wet Woodys charters multiple times and have never had a bad time. The captains are all great. If youre going over to the BVI it is worth having a captain in my opinion to take care of customs and also so you can booze at all the bars. Cant wait to get back down there at the end of May.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:41 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 2FastWarlock
We go down there annually and take a boat out everytime, We have been out on Nauti Nymph, Ocean Runner, and Wet Woodys charters multiple times and have never had a bad time. The captains are all great. If youre going over to the BVI it is worth having a captain in my opinion to take care of customs and also so you can booze at all the bars. Cant wait to get back down there at the end of May.
If you are going to be down there at the end of may make SURE you dont miss the Leverick bay poker run.