Like Tree0Likes

MOBIL 1 15W50 at WALMART AGAIN

Reply
Old 11-22-2011, 11:43 AM
  #1
Registered
Thread Starter
 
cigboat1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Vermilion,Ohio
My Boats: 22 chris xk-22,30 scarab,30 panther,37 Miami Vice ,34Scarab III ,38 Scarab AVS
Posts: 502
MOBIL 1 15W50 at WALMART AGAIN

Good news guys---- Just got an E-mail from Mobil 1 that said they were again going to stock the big 5 qt. jugs of 15W-50 oil at Walmart starting this October...It didn't go unnoticed when the 5 qt. jugs disappeared from the walmart stores earlier this year.Emails and phone calls poured in to Mobil 1 H.Q. and they heard you loud and clear!!!!!!



Jim
: evilb:

Last edited by cigboat1; 11-22-2011 at 11:46 AM.
cigboat1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 11:46 AM
  #2
Registered
 
SS930's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: At the office.
My Boats: 1990 Donzi Sweet 16
Posts: 6,684
Default

Now get them to put the zinc back in it...
SS930 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 01:16 PM
  #3
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Minneapolis
My Boats: '70 Magnum 27 Sport, '88 Donzi Minx
Posts: 692
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS930 View Post
Now get them to put the zinc back in it...
They never changed it.
hallj is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 01:30 PM
  #4
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member
 
Griff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Omaha
My Boats: .......32............. ...............Active Thunder....
Posts: 15,748
Default

Good to hear that. Hopefully it makes it back into our area.
Griff is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 01:57 PM
  #5
Registered
 
SS930's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: At the office.
My Boats: 1990 Donzi Sweet 16
Posts: 6,684
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallj View Post
They never changed it.
Wrong. The amount of zinc and phosphorus, which is added thru a component called ZDDP, has been drastically reduced. Their V-twin and racing oils contain over twice as much (like the old fomulation).
SS930 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 02:02 PM
  #6
Registered
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Manassas Va.
My Boats: 45SS Sonic 600's EFI's
Posts: 365
Default

Changed to the Brad Penn and I am happy with it. It is also less expensive than the Mobil.
45SS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 02:31 PM
  #7
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Knot 4 Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Central IL
My Boats: Old/Heavy/Slow
Posts: 6,660
Default

It still has plenty of ZDDP for moderate HP roller lifter motors.
Knot 4 Me is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 02:41 PM
  #8
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
My Boats: Old 24 ciggie, 382 fastech, and a big Ole beaker
Posts: 3,380
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS930 View Post
Wrong. The amount of zinc and phosphorus, which is added thru a component called ZDDP, has been drastically reduced. Their V-twin and racing oils contain over twice as much (like the old fomulation).
There is so much debate over this it's not even funny... someone on here posted lab results proving it was never changed. Mobil also maintains it was never changed in the 15w50. The other weights were modified.

Either way, it's still a very good, readily available oil.
RT930turbo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 02:48 PM
  #9
Registered
Trade Score: (4)
 
Rookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
My Boats: 30 Scarab Panther, 37 Active Thunder, 34 Wellcraft Gran Sport
Posts: 3,788
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT930turbo View Post
There is so much debate over this it's not even funny... someone on here posted lab results proving it was never changed. Mobil also maintains it was never changed in the 15w50. The other weights were modified.

Either way, it's still a very good, readily available oil.
Not to add fuel to the fire, but I thought the original red cap had the good ZDDP values, they then switched to gold cap and reduced the ZDDP levels. After the customer complaints they brought the ZDDP levels back up close to the original formula with the new silver cap.
Rookie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 03:00 PM
  #10
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
My Boats: Old 24 ciggie, 382 fastech, and a big Ole beaker
Posts: 3,380
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie View Post
Not to add fuel to the fire, but I thought the original red cap had the good ZDDP values, they then switched to gold cap and reduced the ZDDP levels. After the customer complaints they brought the ZDDP levels back up close to the original formula with the new silver cap.
I have heard that as well....


Who knows!
RT930turbo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:50 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.