Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Looking for a Change (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/266263-looking-change.html)

Motor Head 11-26-2011 08:04 AM

Looking for a Change

Hi,

I'm looking to get into a performance boat and currently own a 1971 Hatteras 38 sportfish. I would be willing to "even" trade, or with money either way. The boat is in mint condition and was completely redone in 2005 by Great Lakes Yacht works in Sodas Bay NY where I purchased her (Fresh Water boat). The boat hull is ice blue with stark white topsides and a flag blue boot. This boat has the classic Hatteras Carolina look and legendary ride and is a super family boat. I will provide anyone interested with a complete equipment list and pictures, just PM me and I will be happy to send you the information.

Thanks

wrinkleface 11-26-2011 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Motor Head (Post 3557672)
Hi,

I'm looking to get into a performance boat and currently own a 1971 Hatteras 38 sportfish. I would be willing to "even" trade, or with money either way. The boat is in mint condition and was completely redone in 2005 by Great Lakes Yacht works in Sodas Bay NY where I purchased her (Fresh Water boat). The boat hull is ice blue with stark white topsides and a flag blue boot. This boat has the classic Hatteras Carolina look and legendary ride and is a super family boat. I will provide anyone interested with a complete equipment list and pictures, just PM me and I will be happy to send you the information.

Thanks

what size/power/speeds/etc R U look'n 4 in an offshore boat????

Motor Head 11-26-2011 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by wrinkleface (Post 3557694)
what size/power/speeds/etc R U look'n 4 in an offshore boat????

Looking for a v-bottom in the 38-42 range early 90's or newer, naturals or supercharged power, no TRS drives , XR's or better. Speed not that important, want a stable platform (Fountain Cigarette Formula) that will run in the upper 80's low 90's. Cabin preferable but will consider race type setup. Really will consider all options. My weekends are limited now so I would like to attend a couple poker-runs and be able to run to a couple of destination spots and then put it away . . .Tired of having to rely on marinas for storage and haul outs . . .

CigaretteSam 11-26-2011 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Motor Head (Post 3557708)
Looking for a v-bottom in the 38-42 range early 90's or newer, naturals or supercharged power, no TRS drives , XR's or better. Speed not that important, want a stable platform (Fountain Cigarette Formula) that will run in the upper 80's low 90's. Cabin preferable but will consider race type setup. Really will consider all options. My weekends are limited now so I would like to attend a couple poker-runs and be able to run to a couple of destination spots and then put it away . . .Tired of having to rely on marinas for storage and haul outs . . .

I live in Manhasset....there is a '94 Cigarette Top Gun at the local marina in Port Washington... 55K...if you'd like, I can find you pictures....

-Sam

Motor Head 11-26-2011 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by CigaretteSam (Post 3557744)
There is a '94 Cigarette Top Gun at the local marina in Port Washington... 55K...if you'd like, I can find you pictures....

-Sam

I think I remember seeing that boat on Yachtworld . . . purple graffics and MRD power I believe. That boat is at Lamatta's I think. . . would certainly consider it, if their looking for a Hatt . . .

CigaretteSam 11-26-2011 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Motor Head (Post 3557755)
I think I remember seeing that boat on Yachtworld . . . purple graffics and MRD power I believe. That boat is at Lamatta's I think. . . would certainly consider it, if their looking for a Hatt . . .

Yep, thats the one. Its in great condition. Im sure they'll be happy if you'd buy it....its been taking up space in their yard for years. Where in glen cove do you keep your Hatt? Ive done a poker run out of steamboat landing a few years ago.

How much are you willing to spend on a go-fast?

Motor Head 11-26-2011 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by CigaretteSam (Post 3558004)
Yep, thats the one. Its in great condition. Im sure they'll be happy if you'd buy it....its been taking up space in their yard for years. Where in glen cove do you keep your Hatt? Ive done a poker run out of steamboat landing a few years ago.

How much are you willing to spend on a go-fast?

The boat is right there in Glen Cove Marina( or what was GC marina Brewers owns it now). Depends what we each feel our boats are worth . . . Up for discussion.

CigaretteSam 11-26-2011 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Motor Head (Post 3558020)
The boat is right there in Glen Cove Marina( or what was GC marina Brewers owns it now). Depends what we each feel our boats are worth . . . Up for discussion.

Nice area. I got some work on a boat done there last year. I also know there is a newer top gun for sale at Al Grovers in freeport...nice boat, a buddy of mine has the same boat, but different colors.
Any questions or anything- let me know.

Sam

[email protected]

Motor Head 11-27-2011 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by CigaretteSam (Post 3558102)
Nice area. I got some work on a boat done there last year. I also know there is a newer top gun for sale at Al Grovers in freeport...nice boat, a buddy of mine has the same boat, but different colors.
Any questions or anything- let me know.

Sam

[email protected]

Thanks very much . . . I have a friend that works over at Lamatta's, I will ask him about the Cigarette. I will chech Grovers website to see if the boat you mentioned is there . . .

CigaretteSam 11-27-2011 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Motor Head (Post 3558157)
Thanks very much . . . I have a friend that works over at Lamatta's, I will ask him about the Cigarette. I will chech Grovers website to see if the boat you mentioned is there . . .

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/2003.../United-States

Nice boat, ive seen it in person. Very very clean. It has 525's...they are great motors. The Top Gun has a great ride, and handles chop nicely...it is a twin-step boat...Al Grovers has a great sales team who can help you if you are interested.