Like Tree0Likes

Looking for a Change

Reply
Old 11-26-2011, 09:04 AM
  #1
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Glen Cove, NY
Posts: 31
Default Looking for a Change

Hi,

I'm looking to get into a performance boat and currently own a 1971 Hatteras 38 sportfish. I would be willing to "even" trade, or with money either way. The boat is in mint condition and was completely redone in 2005 by Great Lakes Yacht works in Sodas Bay NY where I purchased her (Fresh Water boat). The boat hull is ice blue with stark white topsides and a flag blue boot. This boat has the classic Hatteras Carolina look and legendary ride and is a super family boat. I will provide anyone interested with a complete equipment list and pictures, just PM me and I will be happy to send you the information.

Thanks
Motor Head is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 09:51 AM
  #2
Registered
 
wrinkleface's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Michigan
My Boats: NT 477!! Ilmors Baby!!!
Posts: 8,022
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motor Head View Post
Hi,

I'm looking to get into a performance boat and currently own a 1971 Hatteras 38 sportfish. I would be willing to "even" trade, or with money either way. The boat is in mint condition and was completely redone in 2005 by Great Lakes Yacht works in Sodas Bay NY where I purchased her (Fresh Water boat). The boat hull is ice blue with stark white topsides and a flag blue boot. This boat has the classic Hatteras Carolina look and legendary ride and is a super family boat. I will provide anyone interested with a complete equipment list and pictures, just PM me and I will be happy to send you the information.

Thanks
what size/power/speeds/etc R U look'n 4 in an offshore boat????
wrinkleface is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:08 AM
  #3
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Glen Cove, NY
Posts: 31
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrinkleface View Post
what size/power/speeds/etc R U look'n 4 in an offshore boat????
Looking for a v-bottom in the 38-42 range early 90's or newer, naturals or supercharged power, no TRS drives , XR's or better. Speed not that important, want a stable platform (Fountain Cigarette Formula) that will run in the upper 80's low 90's. Cabin preferable but will consider race type setup. Really will consider all options. My weekends are limited now so I would like to attend a couple poker-runs and be able to run to a couple of destination spots and then put it away . . .Tired of having to rely on marinas for storage and haul outs . . .
Motor Head is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:36 AM
  #4
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Saratoga Springs, NY
My Boats: boatless
Posts: 1,082
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motor Head View Post
Looking for a v-bottom in the 38-42 range early 90's or newer, naturals or supercharged power, no TRS drives , XR's or better. Speed not that important, want a stable platform (Fountain Cigarette Formula) that will run in the upper 80's low 90's. Cabin preferable but will consider race type setup. Really will consider all options. My weekends are limited now so I would like to attend a couple poker-runs and be able to run to a couple of destination spots and then put it away . . .Tired of having to rely on marinas for storage and haul outs . . .
I live in Manhasset....there is a '94 Cigarette Top Gun at the local marina in Port Washington... 55K...if you'd like, I can find you pictures....

-Sam

Last edited by CigaretteSam; 11-26-2011 at 10:42 AM.
CigaretteSam is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:43 AM
  #5
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Glen Cove, NY
Posts: 31
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigaretteSam View Post
There is a '94 Cigarette Top Gun at the local marina in Port Washington... 55K...if you'd like, I can find you pictures....

-Sam
I think I remember seeing that boat on Yachtworld . . . purple graffics and MRD power I believe. That boat is at Lamatta's I think. . . would certainly consider it, if their looking for a Hatt . . .

Last edited by Motor Head; 11-26-2011 at 10:50 AM. Reason: poor grammer
Motor Head is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 07:24 PM
  #6
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Saratoga Springs, NY
My Boats: boatless
Posts: 1,082
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motor Head View Post
I think I remember seeing that boat on Yachtworld . . . purple graffics and MRD power I believe. That boat is at Lamatta's I think. . . would certainly consider it, if their looking for a Hatt . . .
Yep, thats the one. Its in great condition. Im sure they'll be happy if you'd buy it....its been taking up space in their yard for years. Where in glen cove do you keep your Hatt? Ive done a poker run out of steamboat landing a few years ago.

How much are you willing to spend on a go-fast?
CigaretteSam is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 07:59 PM
  #7
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Glen Cove, NY
Posts: 31
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigaretteSam View Post
Yep, thats the one. Its in great condition. Im sure they'll be happy if you'd buy it....its been taking up space in their yard for years. Where in glen cove do you keep your Hatt? Ive done a poker run out of steamboat landing a few years ago.

How much are you willing to spend on a go-fast?
The boat is right there in Glen Cove Marina( or what was GC marina Brewers owns it now). Depends what we each feel our boats are worth . . . Up for discussion.
Motor Head is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:49 PM
  #8
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Saratoga Springs, NY
My Boats: boatless
Posts: 1,082
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motor Head View Post
The boat is right there in Glen Cove Marina( or what was GC marina Brewers owns it now). Depends what we each feel our boats are worth . . . Up for discussion.
Nice area. I got some work on a boat done there last year. I also know there is a newer top gun for sale at Al Grovers in freeport...nice boat, a buddy of mine has the same boat, but different colors.
Any questions or anything- let me know.

Sam

[email protected]
CigaretteSam is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 07:05 AM
  #9
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Glen Cove, NY
Posts: 31
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigaretteSam View Post
Nice area. I got some work on a boat done there last year. I also know there is a newer top gun for sale at Al Grovers in freeport...nice boat, a buddy of mine has the same boat, but different colors.
Any questions or anything- let me know.

Sam

[email protected]
Thanks very much . . . I have a friend that works over at Lamatta's, I will ask him about the Cigarette. I will chech Grovers website to see if the boat you mentioned is there . . .

Last edited by Motor Head; 11-27-2011 at 07:09 AM.
Motor Head is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:42 PM
  #10
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Saratoga Springs, NY
My Boats: boatless
Posts: 1,082
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motor Head View Post
Thanks very much . . . I have a friend that works over at Lamatta's, I will ask him about the Cigarette. I will chech Grovers website to see if the boat you mentioned is there . . .
http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/2003.../United-States

Nice boat, ive seen it in person. Very very clean. It has 525's...they are great motors. The Top Gun has a great ride, and handles chop nicely...it is a twin-step boat...Al Grovers has a great sales team who can help you if you are interested.

Last edited by CigaretteSam; 11-27-2011 at 01:51 PM.
CigaretteSam is online now  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:39 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.