Looking for an embroider to assist with engine hatch pad >

Looking for an embroider to assist with engine hatch pad

Notices

Looking for an embroider to assist with engine hatch pad

Old 12-04-2011, 07:12 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by scarab63
Xt may be cheaper in the long run even with shipping costs....
Its my understanding that the most expensive part of the process is the digitizing of the logo. They prob still have the logo you want on a card somewhere.
Actually I already have it in vector format (I do own a vinyl graphics business You know!! ) so this won't be an issue!
Old 12-04-2011, 07:33 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

XT did this for me and it came out great. This was a tricky one to, i requested they try and save the material surrounding the original ZX as the cockpit is still very nice and i was concerned about matching it. There was only a small split in the original red logo and about an inch split in one of the corners in the white. Dave and crew made me a new ZX just slightly larger then the original and sewed it in. The extra seam in the red was not necessary but Dave saved me a few bucks on material by piecing it in with something he had on hand. Eventually the whole pad will need to be done but not anytime soon, they bought me a couple years easy. Looks great and is exactly what i wanted.
Attached Thumbnails Looking for an embroider to assist with engine hatch pad-donzihatch.jpg  
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 12-04-2011, 09:10 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=502ss;3564311]
Originally Posted by ROTAX454

I fully agree. The only thing I borrowed from XT is the photo. I already have all my logos that I want to use. I am sure they will chime in and I will definitely give them a shot but they are located in Ohio vs. Someplace that is within driving distance of me. I will wait to see if they chime in and if they have an issue with borrowing the photo I will gladly remove it
502ss,

No problem at all posting our work, and glad you like it.

The small beetles on the back of the bucket seats were embroidered in black/silver. Most embroidery machines max-out at around 18" and anything larger than that has to be repositioned to continue the design, so lining it up can be a real issue. The other problem is cost based on "stitch count" that the embroidery shop is likely to use. It would not be cheap!

The sewn-on large beetle is just me with a pair of scissors and one day to make the hard paper patterns, another day to hand cut the vinyl, and trace the design out on the main skin, and a third day for our sewer to sew the panels in position. The big secret is go slow, and not try to hurry anything because one bad move could ruin a lot of work. I like between 5 and 9 PM after the phone quits ringing so much, and maybe a couple brown pops to calm my nerves for the day. My sewer likes doing these at 3 AM to avoid any distractions.

Long story short....send me your vinyl and we will work-out a fair cost. I still have the hard paper patterns from the one in the photo, so yours could go quicker than the original.

These photos are of a Formula logo that we did, but they show the process that I use to do them.

XT
Attached Thumbnails Looking for an embroider to assist with engine hatch pad-imgp7063.jpg   Looking for an embroider to assist with engine hatch pad-imgp7064.jpg   Looking for an embroider to assist with engine hatch pad-imgp7065.jpg  

Looking for an embroider to assist with engine hatch pad-imgp7068.jpg   Looking for an embroider to assist with engine hatch pad-imgp7138.jpg  
Old 12-04-2011, 09:53 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wouldn't that huge number of holes poked thru the vinyl for all that stitching make it likely to tear?
Old 12-05-2011, 08:42 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

[QUOTE=XT-Innovator;3564403]
Originally Posted by 502ss

502ss,

No problem at all posting our work, and glad you like it.

The small beetles on the back of the bucket seats were embroidered in black/silver. Most embroidery machines max-out at around 18" and anything larger than that has to be repositioned to continue the design, so lining it up can be a real issue. The other problem is cost based on "stitch count" that the embroidery shop is likely to use. It would not be cheap!

The sewn-on large beetle is just me with a pair of scissors and one day to make the hard paper patterns, another day to hand cut the vinyl, and trace the design out on the main skin, and a third day for our sewer to sew the panels in position. The big secret is go slow, and not try to hurry anything because one bad move could ruin a lot of work. I like between 5 and 9 PM after the phone quits ringing so much, and maybe a couple brown pops to calm my nerves for the day. My sewer likes doing these at 3 AM to avoid any distractions.

Long story short....send me your vinyl and we will work-out a fair cost. I still have the hard paper patterns from the one in the photo, so yours could go quicker than the original.

These photos are of a Formula logo that we did, but they show the process that I use to do them.

XT

Awesome! So here is what I am thinking. What if I provided you all the little scarab beetle pieces already cut and any full scale paper templates of the beetle you would need and just get you guys to sew them on? Hopefully this would save you a ton of labor which in turn would save me a bunch of money

How do you finish the edge of the pieces where it transitions from the logo to the actual pad?

Thanks
Jim
Old 12-06-2011, 02:26 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=502ss;3565135]
Originally Posted by XT-Innovator

Awesome! So here is what I am thinking. What if I provided you all the little scarab beetle pieces already cut and any full scale paper templates of the beetle you would need and just get you guys to sew them on? Hopefully this would save you a ton of labor which in turn would save me a bunch of money

How do you finish the edge of the pieces where it transitions from the logo to the actual pad?

Thanks
Jim
Jim,

If you supply me all the cut vinyl and a paper diagram how to put it all together, it will definatly save time and money.

No real trick to finishing the edge of the vinyl, just well cut and keep the stitching within 1/8" from the edge. Colors like silver have a real nice effect with the stitching.

XT
Attached Thumbnails Looking for an embroider to assist with engine hatch pad-imgp7070.jpg