Notices

700hp Fountain 27

Old 12-30-2011, 10:33 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am having deja vu with this thread....
Old 12-30-2011, 10:42 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

When we come out east to race opa this year we may have to try to make a side trip to hook up with you guys for a little side action .
But i dont know if our little class 6 velocity can hang we will have to give it a shot could be fun.
Old 12-31-2011, 12:18 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Smarty
Whatever happened to BJ Maher's last Activator? That boat ran awfully good. That son b*tch could run, was too much for the Phantom when the Phantom had 502's now the Phantom has the 540's and I would guess the Activator is still probably way faster.

And C-Spray/Chuck's Mannerfelt .....been reading about boat with the repower, another single engine hot-rod.

That single engine Activator s the type of hot-rod that I like seeing on the water.

Line em-up Stallion ......gotta run em, may not win, but ya gotta try.
BJ still has it, has a 632ci in it right now I believe. There is another Activator on the bay that runs pretty well also.

Also Chris's Joker with the big blower motor in it, he will outrun me pretty handily.

My buddy Steve has a 27' Fountain with a single in it that will run in the mid 80's easily. It is hard to miss as the whole boat is a maroon color.

I have not yet run up against Chuck's batboat, but based on the videos I have seen I wont be any competition for him.

Oh and Dave (Blue Thunder)....
Old 12-31-2011, 08:06 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by brivander
I am having deja vu with this thread....
I thought i was the only one....
Old 12-31-2011, 08:43 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Philm
BJ still has it, has a 632ci in it right now I believe. There is another Activator on the bay that runs pretty well also.

Also Chris's Joker with the big blower motor in it, he will outrun me pretty handily.

My buddy Steve has a 27' Fountain with a single in it that will run in the mid 80's easily. It is hard to miss as the whole boat is a maroon color.

I have not yet run up against Chuck's batboat, but based on the videos I have seen I wont be any competition for him.

Oh and Dave (Blue Thunder)....
How fast are you running in the Kryptonite? What power?

Can you post a picture of your hot-rod?
Old 12-31-2011, 09:24 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by bert4332
Ha, my uncle's house was right on the beach right next to Lucy, and right behind the Green House, I grew up in Longport.

Next summer I plan on putting in Lewes, crossing and coming up from Cape May then running up the coast to AC. I'll hit up and maybe we can meet up.
Sounds like a plan. The days of Maloneys (a bar) are but a memory. Ventura's still is there.

Spent some summer days as a teenager on the Washington Ave beach watching Mr. Kerbeck (he had a red Excalibur Executioner in those days, 1983 or so) and those guys run up and down the ocean arcing on Sunday afternoons. That beach was always packed with talent (hot girls on the beach).

Margate memories (not Memories Lounge in Margate, for those who know), I liked Maynards back then.
Old 12-31-2011, 09:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Happy New Year Smarts
Old 01-01-2012, 12:15 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Smarty
How fast are you running in the Kryptonite? What power?

Can you post a picture of your hot-rod?
With the present engine setup it runs pretty well. I lost about 5mph when i switched to a hydraulic cam two seasons ago, but the overall reliability and dock manners of the boat increased dramatically.

Running a 598ci N/A carbed engine. Not dynoed after the rebuild but somewhere in the low 700hp range based on speeds.

As far as top speed, let's just say I am not running triple digits but for a single engine vee it gets back pretty good. Well enough to spank Blue Thunder with 4 people on board. That video can be found in the video section.

Oh, and ItalianStallion, if you see me out cruising around, dont be scared to pull up alongside and give it a go (it will be a fruitless effort for you but still fun).
Old 01-01-2012, 09:59 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Downtown42
Happy New Year Smarts
Dave (aka Mr. Brown),

Happy New Year to you too!

I will raise a glass today, for in abstentia Happy New Year toast for you, cheers!

Last edited by Smarty; 01-01-2012 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Had to add the faces toasting, make it official!
Old 01-01-2012, 10:01 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Philm
With the present engine setup it runs pretty well. I lost about 5mph when i switched to a hydraulic cam two seasons ago, but the overall reliability and dock manners of the boat increased dramatically.

Running a 598ci N/A carbed engine. Not dynoed after the rebuild but somewhere in the low 700hp range based on speeds.

As far as top speed, let's just say I am not running triple digits but for a single engine vee it gets back pretty good. Well enough to spank Blue Thunder with 4 people on board. That video can be found in the video section.

Oh, and ItalianStallion, if you see me out cruising around, dont be scared to pull up alongside and give it a go (it will be a fruitless effort for you but still fun).
Great picture, great info., sounds like one very fast single engine V-bottom hot-rod. I will look for you.

Happy New Years to you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.