Outerlimits Building 52-foot Bowrider

Old 12-14-2011, 06:52 PM
Registered

Received 887 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by Catmando
Can't put open bows on a cat.
Really?
http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o42874-en.html

Eliminator and several other west coast builders have been doing it for years.
Old 12-14-2011, 06:54 PM
Registered

Received 887 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by 39 Unlimited
Just sayin...love OL boats, open bow image just doesn't work for me. Saying no to $1.0m in revenue vs years of brand / image building seems logical. Again want to clarify; I'm a OL fan big time.
1 boat doesn't make or break an image but 1MM in the revenue column sure makes a difference at the end of the year!
Old 12-15-2011, 08:06 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
I am just glad its not one of those LAME CC's! LOL! If more performance boats had cockpits like a Black Thunder the whole family could enjoy them!
It takes a bigger performance boat to have a bigger cockpit, and most of these start at the 40 foot mark to accomplish such, IE: BT 43 & 46 models. Most all of the performance boats in the 40 up range have good size cockpits.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:44 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
No sweat, usually you are the authority on NT's so that is why I questioned it! Yes the OL will be faster but 90 is a strong number for diesels on a big heavy boat.
You are correct JS at 76 MPH for my NT. That was when new out of the box, light on fuel and no gear on board. Most days we top out in the low 70's with all the added weight. With OL building lighter boats I'm thinking low 80's maybe 85 tops but we will see.

Many who have the resources to build this one of a kind boat are not too worried about resale. He knows he will take a hit when the time comes. I hope it serves his purpose well and he gets to enjoy it with his family. I'm sure it will bring a smile to all their faces.

Bob
Old 12-15-2011, 08:55 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

I look foward to seeing it, and wish them well. It sounds like a great concept. We just started on a 33 with a walkthrough cockpit; a split-console if you will. It's all about the buyer nowadays.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:48 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
1 boat doesn't make or break an image but 1MM in the revenue column sure makes a difference at the end of the year!

You could be right, we shall see. Would be interesting to see of the 1.0m how much falls to the bottom line on a one off build such as this.
Old 12-15-2011, 01:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You could be right, we shall see. Would be interesting to see of the 1.0m how much falls to the bottom line on a one off build such as this.

It's ALWAYS harder the first time that is for SURE
Old 12-15-2011, 01:13 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 36 Likes on 10 Posts

I'd say a lot. Fiberglass is cheap. The engine package saved a lot of cost vs. 1350's.