Notices

Noise and Neighbors

Old 12-19-2011, 11:23 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TxHawk
Rap it up a couple times so they realize it could be worse. Do you have any friends with big power? Maybe they should come visit. Face it, your an a$$hole with a loud boat. Congrats.

Seriously, you are never going to please everyone.
Yup...that's how we handle things in TX...
Old 12-19-2011, 11:34 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had the guy that lives across the street from me come out yelling at me because i had my chopper warming up at the base of my driveway with the exhaust facing my house. It was 10am. So the next day i made sure to keep the bike at the top of my drive but with the exhaust facing his house. After that he never *****ed about me warming up the bike at the foot of my drive way with pipes facing my house again. Show them it could be much much worse and they may back down....
Old 12-19-2011, 11:41 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

or just tell them to puck off,oops,did i say that?
Old 12-20-2011, 12:41 AM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

I pulled into a busy lock once years ago. The lock is right in the middle of town, people crowd around watching the boats lock through......

Beautiful hot day, I pull into the lock, shut the boat off and some short fat broad with a Tilley hat starts off with a "OH THANK YOU...." then starts going on about the noise, I couldnt really hear exactly what she was saying because the stereo was still on but I finally stood up, looked right at her and said "Oh listen to you....and you think my BOAT is annoying!!" everybody laughed their heads off and she shut up....
Old 12-20-2011, 12:52 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ever been to Virginia Beach? People constantly complain about the F18 jet noise. Guess what, it will be noisy when you buy a house next to a master jet base that has been around for more then 50 years! We constantly have to adjust and weaken our training to comply with noise abatement restrictions due to all the whining by local idiots. My apologies for the sound of freedom!

Last edited by diverkr; 12-20-2011 at 12:56 AM.
Old 12-20-2011, 01:16 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by diverkr
Ever been to Virginia Beach? People constantly complain about the F18 jet noise. Guess what, it will be noisy when you buy a house next to a master jet base that has been around for more then 50 years! We constantly have to adjust and weaken our training to comply with noise abatement restrictions due to all the whining by local idiots. My apologies for the sound of freedom!
Reminds me... man, I miss the B-1B's taking off from McConnell AFB right over us. Car alarms going off. People would complain... I loved it. Now... if I were the enemy and I heard that... I'd complain! lol

As for the original post, I think everyone should use some degree of discretion and try to be considerate with their noise, and it sounds like you're doing just that. Some folks are just gonna b*tch, no matter what. They want the real world to align with the ideal world they have portrayed in their thick skulls. It's all about compromise and you seem to be compromising and they don't.
Old 12-20-2011, 05:25 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Envy can be an ugly thing. As long as the law is on your side, smile and say "yeah well", shrug, ignore them, go on with your business and enjoy your ride. Oh, as suggested, do some kind of gettogether like a big BBQ bash and invite all the powerboaters in your area, tell them to raft up a your place, stern facing the shore.

Last edited by A.O. Razor; 12-20-2011 at 05:29 AM.
Old 12-20-2011, 06:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

have to admit some people try their damnest to show off their noisy toys..in my line of work (harleys) guys ask me all the time for the loudest pipes on the market...loud pipes are never the best performing ones,at least on a bike,but they do get you noticed,rarely in a good way...
there is always going to be a whining lil old lady,and when she dies,someone else will take her place...
Old 12-20-2011, 07:20 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Get a set of turn-down pipes, aka "donkey dicks." It's the best all-around solution for near-silent operation while idling around, yet your exhaust has full breathing ability when up on plane.

In conjunction with the turn-downs, tee into your water intake plumbing with a 90-degree ball valve fitting so you can shut off seawater to your engines for garden hose flushing while resting in the water. Flush your engines while still sitting in the water, then lift her up afterwards.

Photo courtesy of GLH.
Attached Thumbnails Noise and Neighbors-dsc00655a.jpg  
Old 12-20-2011, 07:36 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

I just have to share this note that was left on my truck a couple years ago. This is so crazy that I enlarged a copy and framed it to hang on the wall. I also reported the threat to two police agencies. When I'm on my local lake it's mostly anchor and sun and relax time with a few odd rips around the lake. Yes, my boat's loud but what do people expect when they live on an all sports lake? Especially one with a history of attracting performance boats. The real fun in Michigan is on the Great Lakes though and I don't have to worry about disturbing anyone's "peace & quiet". lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.