Like Tree0Likes

New xcat heading for Dubai

Reply
Old 12-23-2011, 10:59 PM
  #21
Registered
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaterdave View Post
just curious do you guys just make this sheetz up, or do you actually talk to someone ?

xcat has weight limits based on lenght. the boat, which is a 32 just shortened several inches, allowing it to be classified as a 30 and also allowing it to weigh 200 lbs lighter than normal 32's. it also has the wider tunnel as allowed per xcat rules. and yes the deck is cut down.

have too say DW's are probably the best outboard cat to date. cant remember when another builder has dominated here in the states other than when skaters first came out. plus there is always 1 or 2 running up front in Xcat.

plus Doug is soon to debute a new pleasure 32
heard the same thing. they calculate the weigt based upon the actual running surface not the over all lenth so doug notched the transom even more to shorten the bottom of a 32 to 30 of running surface. boat is out of the 32 mold
Boatlesss is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 11:24 PM
  #22
Registered
 
Lauderdaleboats's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Florida
My Boats: Bandit Boats
Posts: 409
Default

The running surface is 4 inches shorter than the 32 by moving forward the notch. The bottom steps at the keels have been turned from a rearward angle to perpindicular to the tunnel which is also 4 inches. So the entire bottom moved forward 4 inches requiring less engine setback.

The hulk has the 32 canopy while Omars boat uses the 38 canopy. Hulk is full carbon, Omar has glass hull and carbon deck.

Ballough has a x cat version in the mold now and another full carbon boat will be in the mold right behind it.
Lauderdaleboats is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 12:05 AM
  #23
Registered
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Casa De Kappy
My Boats: Doug Wright X-Cat, Howard
Posts: 349
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaterdave View Post
just curious do you guys just make this sheetz up, or do you actually talk to someone ?

xcat has weight limits based on lenght. the boat, which is a 32 just shortened several inches, allowing it to be classified as a 30 and also allowing it to weigh 200 lbs lighter than normal 32's. it also has the wider tunnel as allowed per xcat rules. and yes the deck is cut down.

have too say DW's are probably the best outboard cat to date. cant remember when another builder has dominated here in the states other than when skaters first came out. plus there is always 1 or 2 running up front in Xcat.

plus Doug is soon to debute a new pleasure 32
Damn Skaterdave:

Why don't you give them the CAD drawings...laughing. I never hear squat on what the other teams are doing....wonder why that is!

Do you have any G-2 information on the Fazza, Abu Dhabi Racing team love to hear if they made any changes for 2012.

A new pleasure 32 did you say...hmmmm interesting... a good idea if you ask me.

KAP
kap328 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 01:18 PM
  #24
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 47
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap328 View Post
Damn Skaterdave:

Why don't you give them the CAD drawings...laughing. I never hear squat on what the other teams are doing....wonder why that is!

Do you have any G-2 information on the Fazza, Abu Dhabi Racing team love to hear if they made any changes for 2012.

A new pleasure 32 did you say...hmmmm interesting... a good idea if you ask me.

KAP
Hi , FAZZA 3 brand new boat again , new mods i guess .
cooolaii is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 01:23 PM
  #25
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member
 
DPT MOTORSPORTS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Beachwood, NJ
My Boats: boatracing,motorsports,boating
Posts: 3,967
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooolaii View Post
Hi , FAZZA 3 brand new boat again , new mods i guess .
I think at the end of last year they built one or were testing one with a wider tunnel. I am sure all Xcat teams will be updating to faster boats soon.
DPT MOTORSPORTS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 02:14 PM
  #26
Registered
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Casa De Kappy
My Boats: Doug Wright X-Cat, Howard
Posts: 349
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooolaii View Post
Hi , FAZZA 3 brand new boat again , new mods i guess .
Yes of course they have more mods....you need to squeeze everything you can for that edge in a class with 21+/- boats.

I hear the WPPA is going to provide each team with boxes for the motors so everyone is on the same limiter. Imagine that good idea.

Plus, they need some fresh teams on the podium if it is the same guys over and over it really get's kinda old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPT MOTORSPORTS View Post
I think at the end of last year they built one or were testing one with a wider tunnel. I am sure all Xcat teams will be updating to faster boats soon.
I agree the difference is you never see specs' anywhere on the net from those teams. They keep their mouths shut and put up the numbers on the course.

Then everybody is going WTF how is it they smoked us by a desert mile. That would be my plan if it were my team keep everything on the down low and go out and walk away from the field.

In any event stay tuned for the unveiling of the finest Outboard pleasure boat you have ever seen. Due out early in January 2012 just weeks away.

Merry Christmas & Peace be with You!

KAP
kap328 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 06:17 PM
  #27
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 47
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPT MOTORSPORTS View Post
I think at the end of last year they built one or were testing one with a wider tunnel. I am sure all Xcat teams will be updating to faster boats soon.
Hi , that`s old now, new one now again .
cooolaii is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 06:19 PM
  #28
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 47
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPT MOTORSPORTS View Post
I think at the end of last year they built one or were testing one with a wider tunnel. I am sure all Xcat teams will be updating to faster boats soon.
Not my case though ,wish i could too .
cooolaii is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 06:21 PM
  #29
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 47
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap328 View Post
Yes of course they have more mods....you need to squeeze everything you can for that edge in a class with 21+/- boats.

I hear the WPPA is going to provide each team with boxes for the motors so everyone is on the same limiter. Imagine that good idea.

Plus, they need some fresh teams on the podium if it is the same guys over and over it really get's kinda old.



I agree the difference is you never see specs' anywhere on the net from those teams. They keep their mouths shut and put up the numbers on the course.

Then everybody is going WTF how is it they smoked us by a desert mile. That would be my plan if it were my team keep everything on the down low and go out and walk away from the field.

In any event stay tuned for the unveiling of the finest Outboard pleasure boat you have ever seen. Due out early in January 2012 just weeks away.

Merry Christmas & Peace be with You!

KAP
Every body has had to purchace 2 new ECUs from Dubai dealer and have had to be handed in to DIMC then they will reshuffle between teams .
cooolaii is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 07:32 PM
  #30
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member
 
DPT MOTORSPORTS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Beachwood, NJ
My Boats: boatracing,motorsports,boating
Posts: 3,967
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooolaii View Post
Every body has had to purchace 2 new ECUs from Dubai dealer and have had to be handed in to DIMC then they will reshuffle between teams .
That is definitely a step in the right direction for sure.
DPT MOTORSPORTS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:16 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.