New xcat heading for Dubai >

New xcat heading for Dubai

Notices

New xcat heading for Dubai

Old 12-23-2011, 09:59 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by skaterdave
just curious do you guys just make this sheetz up, or do you actually talk to someone ?

xcat has weight limits based on lenght. the boat, which is a 32 just shortened several inches, allowing it to be classified as a 30 and also allowing it to weigh 200 lbs lighter than normal 32's. it also has the wider tunnel as allowed per xcat rules. and yes the deck is cut down.

have too say DW's are probably the best outboard cat to date. cant remember when another builder has dominated here in the states other than when skaters first came out. plus there is always 1 or 2 running up front in Xcat.

plus Doug is soon to debute a new pleasure 32
heard the same thing. they calculate the weigt based upon the actual running surface not the over all lenth so doug notched the transom even more to shorten the bottom of a 32 to 30 of running surface. boat is out of the 32 mold
Old 12-23-2011, 10:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The running surface is 4 inches shorter than the 32 by moving forward the notch. The bottom steps at the keels have been turned from a rearward angle to perpindicular to the tunnel which is also 4 inches. So the entire bottom moved forward 4 inches requiring less engine setback.

The hulk has the 32 canopy while Omars boat uses the 38 canopy. Hulk is full carbon, Omar has glass hull and carbon deck.

Ballough has a x cat version in the mold now and another full carbon boat will be in the mold right behind it.
Old 12-23-2011, 11:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skaterdave
just curious do you guys just make this sheetz up, or do you actually talk to someone ?

xcat has weight limits based on lenght. the boat, which is a 32 just shortened several inches, allowing it to be classified as a 30 and also allowing it to weigh 200 lbs lighter than normal 32's. it also has the wider tunnel as allowed per xcat rules. and yes the deck is cut down.

have too say DW's are probably the best outboard cat to date. cant remember when another builder has dominated here in the states other than when skaters first came out. plus there is always 1 or 2 running up front in Xcat.

plus Doug is soon to debute a new pleasure 32
Damn Skaterdave:

Why don't you give them the CAD drawings...laughing. I never hear squat on what the other teams are doing....wonder why that is!

Do you have any G-2 information on the Fazza, Abu Dhabi Racing team love to hear if they made any changes for 2012.

A new pleasure 32 did you say...hmmmm interesting... a good idea if you ask me.

KAP
Old 12-24-2011, 12:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by kap328
Damn Skaterdave:

Why don't you give them the CAD drawings...laughing. I never hear squat on what the other teams are doing....wonder why that is!

Do you have any G-2 information on the Fazza, Abu Dhabi Racing team love to hear if they made any changes for 2012.

A new pleasure 32 did you say...hmmmm interesting... a good idea if you ask me.

KAP
Hi , FAZZA 3 brand new boat again , new mods i guess .
Old 12-24-2011, 12:23 PM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Cool

Originally Posted by cooolaii
I think at the end of last year they built one or were testing one with a wider tunnel. I am sure all Xcat teams will be updating to faster boats soon.
Old 12-24-2011, 01:14 PM
Registered

Yes of course they have more mods....you need to squeeze everything you can for that edge in a class with 21+/- boats.

I hear the WPPA is going to provide each team with boxes for the motors so everyone is on the same limiter. Imagine that good idea.

Plus, they need some fresh teams on the podium if it is the same guys over and over it really get's kinda old.

Originally Posted by DPT MOTORSPORTS
I think at the end of last year they built one or were testing one with a wider tunnel. I am sure all Xcat teams will be updating to faster boats soon.
I agree the difference is you never see specs' anywhere on the net from those teams. They keep their mouths shut and put up the numbers on the course.

Then everybody is going WTF how is it they smoked us by a desert mile. That would be my plan if it were my team keep everything on the down low and go out and walk away from the field.

In any event stay tuned for the unveiling of the finest Outboard pleasure boat you have ever seen. Due out early in January 2012 just weeks away.

Merry Christmas & Peace be with You!

KAP
Old 12-24-2011, 05:17 PM
Registered

Hi , that`s old now, new one now again .
Old 12-24-2011, 05:19 PM
Registered

Not my case though ,wish i could too .
Old 12-24-2011, 05:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by kap328
Yes of course they have more mods....you need to squeeze everything you can for that edge in a class with 21+/- boats.

I hear the WPPA is going to provide each team with boxes for the motors so everyone is on the same limiter. Imagine that good idea.

Plus, they need some fresh teams on the podium if it is the same guys over and over it really get's kinda old.

I agree the difference is you never see specs' anywhere on the net from those teams. They keep their mouths shut and put up the numbers on the course.

Then everybody is going WTF how is it they smoked us by a desert mile. That would be my plan if it were my team keep everything on the down low and go out and walk away from the field.

In any event stay tuned for the unveiling of the finest Outboard pleasure boat you have ever seen. Due out early in January 2012 just weeks away.

Merry Christmas & Peace be with You!

KAP
Every body has had to purchace 2 new ECUs from Dubai dealer and have had to be handed in to DIMC then they will reshuffle between teams .
Old 12-24-2011, 06:32 PM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Thumbs up

Every body has had to purchace 2 new ECUs from Dubai dealer and have had to be handed in to DIMC then they will reshuffle between teams .
That is definitely a step in the right direction for sure.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.