? on places to stay in Key West

Notices

? on places to stay in Key West

Old 12-30-2011, 02:47 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ? on places to stay in Key West

Did a search and either I didn't type in the right info or something but didn't find anything. My wife thinks we need to go to Key West for the races and this will be our first time to the Key races but not the first time to see boat racing. What are some good places to stay that isn't real expensive. How soon do you need to get in your reservation in? My wife is already checking flights prices.
Old 01-01-2012, 01:44 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by STUCK
Did a search and either I didn't type in the right info or something but didn't find anything. My wife thinks we need to go to Key West for the races and this will be our first time to the Key races but not the first time to see boat racing. What are some good places to stay that isn't real expensive. How soon do you need to get in your reservation in? My wife is already checking flights prices.
You do know the races are in November, right ? Not saying that you can't book your vacation now, I'm just making sure you know when they are.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:46 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 12 Posts

If you can get it... Ocean Key Resort. Very nice place, on Duval, right beside Mallory Square... you can't get a better location.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:08 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Casa Marina is nice and not obscene price wise. Its about a mile from Duval street. If you want inexpensive and be on Duval street the Southern Cross is clean small rooms if its two of you get a suite. That would be cheaper than Casa Marina. The other option is to stay at the entrance of Key West on US 1 or by the airport. But then you will have to take cabs back and forth to Duval
http://www.casamarinaresort.com/

http://www.southerncrosshotel.com/

Last edited by Expensive Date; 01-01-2012 at 09:18 AM.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:07 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

...IF there are races...
Old 01-01-2012, 10:22 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Thanks guys. Yeah I know the races are in Nov. just wanting to start looking for places to get some good ideas . About booking reservation I was wondering when do people start booking places. I hope that was a joke about if there are races next year.
Old 01-01-2012, 02:36 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by STUCK
Thanks guys. Yeah I know the races are in Nov. just wanting to start looking for places to get some good ideas . About booking reservation I was wondering when do people start booking places. I hope that was a joke about if there are races next year.

I would at least get hotel soon if you are sure you are going. As for flights I usually go into Fort Lauderdale or Miami and then drive down, but you can get flights right into Key West.

As for the races this year, there is a lot going on because what happened last year. Not to start any rumors but they might not happen. It will still be a great time though as I'm sure the poker run will still run that weekend.
Old 01-01-2012, 04:01 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Ok thanks. I saw on SBI they had it scheduled but with what happened I could understand if it was canceled.