Notices

New from Cincinnati

Old 01-05-2012, 07:20 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ok, I have to ask. Is the boating in the river really where it's happening? I spent a week in cinci this past summer while visiting a division of the company I work for, I went down to the river several evenings just to check things out and saw not one performance boat on the river, maybe I was in the wrong part?

I was thinking of transferring out to cinci in the future but was concerned about the lack of good boating areas?

For the guys that live there what do you really think of boating around the area?
Old 01-05-2012, 07:21 PM
Registered

Oh and welcome to OSO Hydrant!
Old 01-05-2012, 07:43 PM
Registered

Location: Northern, KY (Cincinnati) Lake St Clair, MI Norris Lake, TN
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Lots of performance boats around here. Spring can be tricky. The river can get pretty high with lots of floaters. Usually settles down by mid june. Good boating through october. Deep water everywhere. About 80 miles between dams. Decent bars. Good food and nice people.

Last edited by Baja_342; 01-05-2012 at 07:51 PM.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:06 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

502ss exactly what baja_342 said!!! Right thru downtown it doesn't seem like many boats, go east or west where the bars & restaurants are & you'll see plenty of boats... Several ok size lakes within an hour or so of cincy. Just always remember Lake Cumberland is only about 200 miles south from cincinnati!!!! If you dont know much about Lake Cumberland, just type in lake Cumberland poker run on you tube :-)
Old 01-05-2012, 08:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jmoore1225
502ss exactly what baja_342 said!!! Right thru downtown it doesn't seem like many boats, go east or west where the bars & restaurants are & you'll see plenty of boats... Several ok size lakes within an hour or so of cincy. Just always remember Lake Cumberland is only about 200 miles south from cincinnati!!!! If you dont know much about Lake Cumberland, just type in lake Cumberland poker run on you tube :-)
Oh yeah, definitely heard of lake Cumberland but like you said, it's 200 miles. Not really an every weekend place to go.

What are the lakes you mention? Have you done any boating on them? Are they big enough for a 30' twin?
Old 01-05-2012, 09:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks everyone for the hello's.

If I'm going to the river it's usually towards the Lawrenceburg / Aurora area. Nice water down that way for skiing, tubing, and wakeboarding. I've been close to Meldalh, when I put in at the Fieldhouse, and close to Markland. I've met up with some people at Belterra, when I shoot sporting clays at Elk Creek and that part of the river seems pretty good.

I am not a big fan of Caesers or Brookville anymore. Those lakes especially on the weekends are horrible for trying to do anything on the water. If I do go to the lakes its taking off at noon on a Tuesday when no one is there.

I didn't get to Cumberland at all this year. Decently busy with work, so I didn't want to take any time off.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:58 PM

Expect the river to be full of logs and trash after every heavy rainstorm for about a week. I have also heard alot of boats hang out for concerts on the river also.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:10 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 502ss
Ok, I have to ask. Is the boating in the river really where it's happening? I spent a week in cinci this past summer while visiting a division of the company I work for, I went down to the river several evenings just to check things out and saw not one performance boat on the river, maybe I was in the wrong part?

I was thinking of transferring out to cinci in the future but was concerned about the lack of good boating areas?

For the guys that live there what do you really think of boating around the area?
Welcome, all the bad boys are here just go down to LBYC on Saturday afternoon or Sunday and all the go fast boys will be there. We move the operation up to Manhattan Harbor on Saturday because the eye candy is better up there. then go back to LBYC for the bands Saturday night.. As was told before the river clears up by mid June most years.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:20 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

welcome! another Cincy guy checking in. I had no idea there were so many OSO guys here in Cincy! Your Sea Ray looks mint! I hit Brookeville and the river every now and then. although I'm an oddball in that I'm usually hitting Erie (grew up boating there).
Old 01-06-2012, 08:48 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ITLLFLI
Lol! Been good! Just busy raising the fam(2 kids now)!

We need to make sure all these Cincy boys get out for party in the park an ribs night at LBYC!!!
Congrats on the second Byron !....Say high to Jill for me
Maybe I'll get out this year

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.