Notices

New from Cincinnati

Old 01-06-2012, 09:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

502's Like many have said the River around June one it settles is great boating LBYC it the spot also Drews River Saloon, and concert floating is fun as well! And there are thousands of people who go to Cumberland and Norris lake(242mls) Every weekend 3 1/2-4hrs and its sweet! I go to Norris every other weekend and River boat the rest! the local lakes around Cincy are puddles, would not even think of putting a 30' on there, unless ideling all day with non boating boaters is your thing. Also alot of boaters try to stay out of the City area of the rivers cause the law always hovering there!
Old 01-06-2012, 10:03 AM
Registered

Location: Northern, KY (Cincinnati) Lake St Clair, MI Norris Lake, TN
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pawdog75
502's Like many have said the River around June one it settles is great boating LBYC it the spot also Drews River Saloon, and concert floating is fun as well! And there are thousands of people who go to Cumberland and Norris lake(242mls) Every weekend 3 1/2-4hrs and its sweet! I go to Norris every other weekend and River boat the rest! the local lakes around Cincy are puddles, would not even think of putting a 30' on there, unless ideling all day with non boating boaters is your thing. Also alot of boaters try to stay out of the City area of the rivers cause the law always hovering there!
+1. Of Ceasars and Brookville, I've been to Brookville once in the past 15 years for a test and tune day in early spring when the river was unusable.

I'm on the west side so I usually go towards Indiana. Occasional blow through town, but once the sun goes down I end up at LBYC. It's an easy one-eyed idle home to Villa Hills Marina for me
Old 01-06-2012, 12:24 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome...Cumberland is our home base as well.

Cheers!
Old 01-06-2012, 03:42 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

502ss like a coupe others have said, the lakes are small... I've put my 32 on brookville many a times, several of us would just go over there to tube or just hang out instead of running around all the time & it actually has a nice lil restaruant on it. It's about 45min from downtown cincy.

Also you'd be amazed how many cincinatians make the weekly weekend trip to Cumberland
Old 01-06-2012, 04:11 PM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Welcome to the board . Great looking boat. We usually boat on the river as opposed to brookville or ceasers. It also helps that I am a west slider and am only a few minutes from the river. Wednesday nights are party in the park which usually brings out a lot of boats. Like everyone else says the loud low bromley or manhattan harbor are the best places on the river by boat. We usually hit those places while we are on the river and then head to cabana1's place the cabana on the river. Great place they just need boat docks.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another Cincy guy. Live on west side, and have only been to brookville twice even though it's only 20 miles from the house, and only gone on the river once.
Boat now resides at Cumberland full time, and we do the drive every weekend during the season.