Notices

Michael Allweiss sends letter to race sponsors

Old 01-18-2012, 11:06 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Time
...What's to stop him from going after Skater...after all they built the boat that flipped. Why not go after the air system manufacturer? I don't know the facts, and I don't want to speculate, but it's got to stop somewhere.
Nothing stops them, and I will bet it'll all come in due time. Anyone that had anything to do within 5 miles of that accident with liability insurance will be listed.

Also it will be settled by the insurance Co. instead of going to court and apart from the award nothing safety wise will come of this except the disappearance of available insurance coverage for events.

My odds are now up to 5-1 on no races next year... Unfortunately.

That weekend will become centered around the Poker Run gathering is my guess.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:16 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The irony is that as we read all this, check out some of the advertisement under our posts.... Been wronged by Mesothelioma or Vaginal Mesh Failure.....

Freaking classic and ironic at the same time!

Attached Thumbnails Michael Allweiss sends letter to race sponsors-lawyers.jpg  
Old 01-18-2012, 11:28 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GLH
The irony is that as we read all this, check out some of the advertisement under our posts.... Been wronged by Mesothelioma or Vaginal Mesh Failure.....

Freaking classic and ironic at the same time!

yep sad is it not
Old 01-18-2012, 11:30 AM
jrz
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How about sponsor liability at the poker run?
Old 01-18-2012, 11:48 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CigDaze
All 3 men who perished in KW died from Drowning.

http://speedonthewater.com/in-the-ne...d-tillman.html
HMMMMMMM,

That kinda changes things in my mind. I wasnt in Key west, and not sure how long it took them to get to Big Thunder, but if they all drowned, one of 2 things happened, either the rescue took too long in both cases, or the air systems werent working, or utilized properly in both cases.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:16 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by jrz
Good fackin luck....
Old 01-18-2012, 12:25 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by apollo22
for what ever reason joey could not get free from his harness and the seat once he pulled the lever to release his belts he disconnected his big boat tank and started to breath off the little 2 minute bottle. Apparently the rescue crew didn't get there until 7-10 minutes later and by that time the 2 minute bottle had expired. The leg bottle actually has a pouch in the front of it where a knife is supposed to be inserted for cutting away your belts. SBI and there safety coordinator david dipetrillo are attempting to place blame on efveryone else. They are trying to drag everyone in this lawsuit. OSS has a written safety rule that rescue crews have to be no more thatn 30 seconds away from any accident on the race course. The boat held up, the air system worked, the rescue crew didn't do its job and SBI is trying to pass the buck.
Rumors are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots. ~Mhar

And yes by far OSS has the safest course now. In reading their new rules posted the other day of having a minimum of 10 patrol boats on the course at all times, that makes it what, 2 patrol boats for every race boat?
Old 01-18-2012, 01:48 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
HMMMMMMM,

That kinda changes things in my mind. I wasnt in Key west, and not sure how long it took them to get to Big Thunder, but if they all drowned, one of 2 things happened, either the rescue took too long in both cases, or the air systems werent working, or utilized properly in both cases.
It is possible to be knocked unconcious and have your mask ripped from your face due to the force of water.
Old 01-18-2012, 02:04 PM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
It is possible to be knocked unconcious and have your mask ripped from your face due to the force of water.
Here is what SRP says:
http://securityrace.com/marine-safety/air-systems/

Tiger does not say much on thier website about air systems (probably due to being afraid of being sued for what they say), although they do say that they must be recertified every year:

http://store.tigerperformance.com/ge...cessories.aspx
Old 01-18-2012, 06:31 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jrz
I asked this question two days ago. Unfortunately nobody here is qualified to answer. Hence my call to my attorney. Doubt he knows though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.