Mexico-need top rated place to stay >

Mexico-need top rated place to stay

Notices

Mexico-need top rated place to stay

Old 06-18-2002, 03:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Mexico-need top rated place to stay

Has anyone ever stayed at Akumal Beach Resort in Riviera Maya? I wanted to get away from concrete Cancun if I could but I'm open. There's six people going who like partying, pools (swin up bar preferred), sandy beaches, clean rooms, good service, and food that won't turn us inside out. Looking for experienced suggestions. Thanks!
Old 06-18-2002, 03:25 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dont venture too far from the toursty places. Trust me!!!
Old 06-18-2002, 03:59 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Akumal is THE best place in Mexico!!
OK, that might be stretching it a bit, but it is FABULOUS!!
I was there in March for 10 days, and I absolutely loved it! Of course, I was on my honeymoon, so that may have had something to do with it!
We stayed in a villa in South Akumal. It was fantastic. We could walk out our patio door and be in the water in about 20 steps.
It was clean, white sand with a reef protecting the beach from too much trash. They also raked and hauled off the debris early every morning!
When you book a place, remember that some of the places have reef instead of beach in front of them. Fine if you aren't expecting beachfront digs.
Also, the snorkeling and diving is excellent with some really good dive shops and tours right there in Akumal.
It is off the beaten path as far as tourist activities, but if you feel the need, go to Playa de Carmen and have a blast on bar and restaraunt row.
E-mail me if you want more info, but here is a link to the place we booked our villa:
http://www.holidayhideaways.com/vill...ana/index.html
Old 06-18-2002, 04:21 PM
Registered

Thanks Summer. TTT
Old 06-18-2002, 10:34 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I have been to the Royal Solarais in Cancun 3 times and can't imagine going any where else it is first rate
Old 06-19-2002, 07:42 AM
Registered

We are also looking at Barcelo Maya Beach Resort - any input...anyone?
Old 06-19-2002, 08:08 AM
Registered

Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts

I went to Cabo San Lucas a couople of years ago. Great place spent the week there on thursday it started to get busy and the weekend was cracnking. Alot of people form Calif and Arz. come down for the long weekend.
Old 06-19-2002, 08:50 AM
Registered

Default Cabo

I went to Cabo last summer. Stayed at Villa Del Palmar, very nice. Go with a group, there are plenty of party spots, great fishing, and beautiful scenery. The only thing that I did not like was the constant soliciting of trinkets on the beach and street by the locals. You have to go looking for good food. Ask other Americans that vacation down there all the time where to eat.
Old 06-19-2002, 04:41 PM
Registered

ttt
Old 06-19-2002, 07:25 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

The wife and I stayed at the "Bahia Principe Akumal" back in February. It was our third trip to the area, and it was the nicest I've seen. It was about 60 miles south of Cancun(I think) pretty secluded.
If you wanted to stay in Cancun I would recommend a "Palace Resort" We stayed at the Sun Palace near the south end of the Hotel Zone, and it was real nice also. The beauty of the Palace resorts is that there are several of them in the Hotel-Zone giving you access to each one.
Have a nice trip.......wish I were going too.

Quick Reply: Mexico-need top rated place to stay

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.