Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
50' Skater "Avatar" running on Biscayne... >

50' Skater "Avatar" running on Biscayne...

Notices

50' Skater "Avatar" running on Biscayne...

Old 01-19-2012, 08:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Awesome boat... Unreal!!
Old 01-19-2012, 09:33 PM
Registered

JT is living my life I hope he's having fun with it

NK
Old 01-19-2012, 09:40 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by bill63
Sweet video, but i would have my life jacket on at 140 mph
Me too awesome boat though
Old 01-19-2012, 09:58 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

that is some boat. it looked like jt was out for a sunday ride. what a cool cat.
jt or the boat ??

todd
Old 01-19-2012, 10:13 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
I was just texting back and forth with JT about that. I'll just say, I'll leave it up to multi world champion racer, rigger, tester, etc. to decide when and where he wears his jacket.

He also said the owner has some pretty sick video of himself running Razz about 15 years ago in some BIG water. Going to get a copy of the video and post it up.
Nice boat for sure, BUT... It's not a way to promote safe boating and common sence, when a guy,, especialy a "racer" putting up a vid for the whole world to see that he is in idiot driving fast with out a jacket. You can look cool with out a jacket and cool in a coffin with a Rolex. I rather look alive with a Timex.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:30 PM
Registered

Received 3,022 Likes on 989 Posts

Originally Posted by PARADOX
Nice boat for sure, BUT... It's not a way to promote safe boating and common sence, when a guy,, especialy a "racer" putting up a vid for the whole world to see that he is in idiot driving fast with out a jacket. You can look cool with out a jacket and cool in a coffin with a Rolex. I rather look alive with a Timex.
I'm only trying to avoid the whole life jacket argument and let the video be enjoyed with out the bickering that ALWAYS comes from both sides of this discussion whenever anyone is seen running a boat with out a jacket.

Johnny told me the boat was new and they didn't have life lines on the boat...They had regular jackets that wouldn't have done anything at that speed anyway. He also said the boat felt like a Cadi in that water. Yes, bad things can happen anytime and anywhere but I like the fact we (as Americans) still have the ability to chose when we wish to wear a life jacket. It's one of the last freedoms we have it seems. But by the comments of some on the forums we should just all ban together and push a bill through to mandate life jacket wearing...Then no one would argue any more.

As far as JT looking like "an idiot driving fast without a jacket"...I'll trust his jusdgement that is based on his extensive history in this industry over monday morning quarterbacks opinions.

Last edited by thisistank; 01-19-2012 at 10:33 PM.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:10 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
I'm only trying to avoid the whole life jacket argument and let the video be enjoyed with out the bickering that ALWAYS comes from both sides of this discussion whenever anyone is seen running a boat with out a jacket.

Johnny told me the boat was new and they didn't have life lines on the boat...They had regular jackets that wouldn't have done anything at that speed anyway. He also said the boat felt like a Cadi in that water. Yes, bad things can happen anytime and anywhere but I like the fact we (as Americans) still have the ability to chose when we wish to wear a life jacket. It's one of the last freedoms we have it seems. But by the comments of some on the forums we should just all ban together and push a bill through to mandate life jacket wearing...Then no one would argue any more.

As far as JT looking like "an idiot driving fast without a jacket"...I'll trust his jusdgement that is based on his extensive history in this industry over monday morning quarterbacks opinions.
Tank

I understand and appreciate your comments. The "idiot" comment might have been a bit harsh and I apologize for that. My point is that anyone putting up a vid for everyone to see, should provide some "educational' or informative message.
I understand showing off a nice boat, going all out, advertising etc. etc. If you alone, goofing off, or whatever, it's ok. The jacket should be your choice. If you put a vid on a multi national media?! put out a message that's right. It's pretty standard (law or not) that lanyard should be used at all perfomance boat once you plain out. It should be and I think it is, that jackets should be worn at all times plained out and at higher speeds. I don't expect that a passenger wear a jacket cruising at 50 drinking cocktails on a 50' yacht, but I would have hoped to see experienced perfomance boater doing what's right. There are other vids on the Avatar boat and no jackets.The excuses? are just that. And that's JMHO. That's all. It's an awsomw rig, and the safety measures are 'captain's call" I rather see posts and write one that say, >>> glad to see jackets even on "experienced" drivers, then see posts with people having their foot on the sticks at 140+, or going 150+ with no jackets, or alike comments.
I think it could only help if everone in the perfomance boating community promote safety. It WILL not hurt.
Promoting carelessness, WILL HURT
Great boat, but I'm done with my comments.

Last edited by PARADOX; 01-19-2012 at 11:13 PM.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:35 PM
Registered

Received 3,022 Likes on 989 Posts

Originally Posted by PARADOX
Tank

I understand and appreciate your comments. The "idiot" comment might have been a bit harsh and I apologize for that. My point is that anyone putting up a vid for everyone to see, should provide some "educational' or informative message.
I understand showing off a nice boat, going all out, advertising etc. etc. If you alone, goofing off, or whatever, it's ok. The jacket should be your choice. If you put a vid on a multi national media?! put out a message that's right. It's pretty standard (law or not) that lanyard should be used at all perfomance boat once you plain out. It should be and I think it is, that jackets should be worn at all times plained out and at higher speeds. I don't expect that a passenger wear a jacket cruising at 50 drinking cocktails on a 50' yacht, but I would have hoped to see experienced perfomance boater doing what's right. There are other vids on the Avatar boat and no jackets.The excuses? are just that. And that's JMHO. That's all. It's an awsomw rig, and the safety measures are 'captain's call" I rather see posts and write one that say, >>> glad to see jackets even on "experienced" drivers, then see posts with people having their foot on the sticks at 140+, or going 150+ with no jackets, or alike comments.
I think it could only help if everone in the perfomance boating community promote safety. It WILL not hurt.
Promoting carelessness, WILL HURT
Great boat, but I'm done with my comments.
completely understand your post and stance.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:09 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 181 Likes on 68 Posts

JT just looks so relaxed, smooth and professional on the sticks. It's a tough job, but somebody's got to do it.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:59 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very Nice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.