Still waiting for Boat title???

Old 01-24-2012, 05:43 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good luck, definitely consult a lawyer if your visit doesn't end well,
Old 01-25-2012, 05:48 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Coast guard is taking aprox 10 weeks to process from date of recipt , that's only if it's documented
Old 01-31-2012, 11:06 AM
Registered

Received 159 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Kelly O
Incredible how many dealers, even the ones with a great reputation, play games with title documents long after a customer has made good on their side of a transaction. Shell games.

Spend a couple minutes on this matter each business day until it gets resolved.
Funny how a "Big Dealer" in the Chicago area can not provide a Title on a 35' Fountain purchased and paid in full since August of 2011 to a good friend of ours. 6th Months. And they took his boat on trade. Kind of Ridiculous, if you can't get the title, don't have the boat for sale. Seems simple. I bet they wouldn't have taken his trade if he didn't have the title.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:45 AM
Registered

In fact I purchased a truck in NYS in Early December. I recieved the NYS Title the First week of January. NYS is not behind in Titles. So I don't understand why the dealership can't get my buddies title for 6 months. Just not right
Old 02-01-2012, 01:17 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cigrocket
In fact I purchased a truck in NYS in Early December. I recieved the NYS Title the First week of January. NYS is not behind in Titles. So I don't understand why the dealership can't get my buddies title for 6 months. Just not right
Not hard to understand that its shaddy
Old 02-01-2012, 01:33 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I live in Northern CNY and there are shady people up here for sure. I know it seems some of these dealers wait till the last minuet to process stuff in order to shuffle money around like some have said.

I bought a boat and i got the title and the time I submitted it and got it was like 2 months here in NY. Never had a title come in less than two months here.

To the guy with the 35ft lightning. I didnt buy from a big dealer in the area, but who I bought from gave me the trailer without a title. Asked and asked him if IL has titles for trailers, oh no he said. Come time to register it in NY DMV says IL has titles where is it. Call dealer and owner, and they try to get to me to go through the hassle of doing a home made trailer and everything else. Finally I said you give me a title, or take the trailer the back and give me 3 grand in cash to get a new one up here. needless to say they figured out how to get a title.

Come to find out the owners never titled the trailer because the boat was at their cottage. This chit pisses me off I now refuse to buy anything without titles anymore or titles that somebody has singned from the older owner and didnt put it in their name. I dont understand why people do not put property into their name, i can see the registration bit, but really come on.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:33 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmmm, here in Arkansas, boats don't have titles. Only trailers. My bill of sale on the boat is the "proof" of ownership. I'd be pissed by now though if I didn't have PROOF of ownership of MY boat!!
Old 02-01-2012, 05:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by CrownHawg
Hmmm, here in Arkansas, boats don't have titles. Only trailers. My bill of sale on the boat is the "proof" of ownership. I'd be pissed by now though if I didn't have PROOF of ownership of MY boat!!

I agree with you, if it were me, I would begin taking legal action. Banks don't like holding a note on a boat that without a title in NYS means you don't really own it. 6 months is just beyond reasonable. I think part of the problem is you can't show up everyday and complain. Ny to Chicago is a long drive to yell...lol
Old 02-02-2012, 10:13 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You could call and say you are bringing the boat back for a full refund if you dont get paperwork
Old 02-02-2012, 05:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats what I was thinking.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.