Who knows the Florida area well..? >

Who knows the Florida area well..?

Notices

Old 01-25-2012, 10:40 AM
Registered

Received 887 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by FIVEPTOHH
Yeah the neighborhood is very important even though I wont be living there for any extended periods of time its nice to know that when I go down my place wont be looted
An aquaintance had a place in MH, he is from the Phillipines and was saving for a trip home (several thousand dollars in airline tickets alone, he has wife/3 kids). 2 weeks before the trip his house was looted, luckily the tickets were bought/paid for but they lost all the kids electronics (Wii, handheld Nintendo games, TV's) in addition to jewlery, digital cameras. He was convinced a neighbor did it. He simply packed up, moved his stuff out and went back to the Phillipines for his vacation never to return to Marsh Harbour. His house was 100 ft from the guard house!

Marsh Harbour is the worst of the three complexes. All 3 were very heavy on speculators, which later became section 8 landlords which further wrecked the complexes.

The local Walmart is only a couple years old and has been a hot spot of crime. Shootings, arson (yeah, girl was lighting clothes on fire in the store/on the racks), robbery and this was last month's SuperCenter excitement:
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/cr...n-2042671.html

Look at the guy's pic...........He is a serious looking guy!
Old 01-25-2012, 10:40 AM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

I love driving through riviera beach, there are always some gangster olds in there riding on 26's. But I would not stop and take a walk around there. I am also a fan of convenience stores that have lots of bullet proof glass. haha
Old 01-25-2012, 10:55 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah the neighborhood is very important even though I wont be living there for any extended periods of time its nice to know that when I go down my place wont be looted
If the exact location isn't completely locked in to Rivera Beach, I'd take a look in Fort Lauderdale at Sunrise Harbor. They have beautiful apartments/condos that are ON the Intracoastal, with less than a 1/4 mile walk to the beach, as well as the nicest marina in Fort Lauderdale in opinion.

They are right across the street from The Galleria Mall, & pretty much right in the middle of everywhere to go hang out on A1A & the beach. There's not a ghetto thing about it, or it's location at all, and it's all gated with covered parking.

We had a place there for a few years & really liked it. We ended up moving a few miles South for a bigger place, but we have ZERO complaints about Sunrise Harbor.

View from the East side of the building:

View of the marina:

One of the two buildings that make up Sunrise Harbor. Almost all of the units have an uninterupted view of the ocean, as well as North, East, & South of the beach & Intracoatal. A few of the units have a beautiful view of downtown as well:

Two pools:

Old 01-25-2012, 11:11 AM
Registered

Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts

My wife and I bought a condo in bonita springs in 09, the market has stayed flat since then. We each made a couple of visits to see the areas and the condos. Like anything else research will help out. Our fees have stay flat but I do get a special assement for the dead beats in the complex but its small enough that we should be Ok some of the bigger complexs had so much unpaid fees that property management companies are not doing any work. Good luck It was a short sale previus owner paid 235,000 we bought it for under 60 K
Old 01-26-2012, 12:01 PM
Chevy-Harley fan
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sean stinson
They call that profiling!!!! just sayin!!!
Yea, to bad the TSA doesn't do it...........Just saying.........They would rather pull my MOTHER in a wheelchair out of the line and harass her........
Old 01-26-2012, 09:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sunrise harbor looks very nice but are they only apartments or can you buy a condo in the building.?
Old 01-27-2012, 12:24 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Not trying to knock on my own door but Clearwater has a LOT of nice, water front condos for sale and for a steal of what they are. Not sure if you looked at the area but I would not over look it.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:47 AM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Google THE PORT condo in Ft. lauderdale. Great building with a dry rack attached.

If you like what you see let me know. I work in the building regularly.

Similar style, in a larger complex, at MARINA GRANDE in Riviera Beach. Loggerhead Marina attached.

Greg
Old 01-27-2012, 06:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
Google THE PORT condo in Ft. lauderdale. Great building with a dry rack attached.

If you like what you see let me know. I work in the building regularly.

Similar style, in a larger complex, at MARINA GRANDE in Riviera Beach. Loggerhead Marina attached.

Greg
wowsers those look very nice but they are way to rich for my blood
Old 01-27-2012, 07:43 PM
Registered

Received 569 Likes on 341 Posts

That's the one shaped like a penis right?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.