Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Wilson Custom Marine Lower Blueprinting (IMCO SC) >

Wilson Custom Marine Lower Blueprinting (IMCO SC)

Notices

Wilson Custom Marine Lower Blueprinting (IMCO SC)

Old 12-03-2012, 12:00 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does anybody know what grit sandpaper to finish the lowers off with ? I have time to sand my lowers this winter
Old 12-03-2012, 10:17 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 276 Likes on 112 Posts

I think you are just upset that you are the perfect example of what I am helping others understand. It must suck to know you wasted all that money when the ASD7 conversion would have been easier, better, stronger, and your boat would actually go faster!

You had to have Reggie dial the boat in, WCM the lowers, Cut the windshield down, and who knows what else ALL at the same time to Falsify a speed gain that the SCX-4 did not achieve on their own.[/QUOTE]

Not upset at all my upgrades are going just as planed. My point was you have an axe to grind with Imco, and sometimes you give bias info because of that. What I have learned thru my research is you don't need a stainless gimbal ring. I was going to go this route but talking to the racers that use bravos the hp gimbal is more than stong enough, matter of fact they claim their is a fitment problem with the stainless ones. don't belive you always need extension box's, props are a wash you will need them with either set up.

Yes I did send my boat to Reggie they installed thier single tank sea stainer and pick up. While the boat was their I had them bolt on the drives and run it. They really didn't dial it in because they wanted to drop down pitch size in props. but I wouldn't let them cause I'm doing a engine upgrade this winter. The motors lost 400-600 rpm because of being over proped, and we still gained speed! It would of been nice to see how much faster it would of been with the correct props but my budget woulndn't handle two sets of props. Wilson Custom Marine Lower Blueprinting (IMCO SC)-new-vs-old.jpg
old v new
Wilson Custom Marine Lower Blueprinting (IMCO SC)-imco-helmet.jpg
no ext. box or stainless gimbal just a imco helmet
Wilson Custom Marine Lower Blueprinting (IMCO SC)-photo-3-.jpg
Single sea stainer
Wilson Custom Marine Lower Blueprinting (IMCO SC)-photo-7-.jpg
ya i work on boats too

Carry on
Old 12-03-2012, 01:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was unaware that there was an exact science to getting the perfect setup out of a particular boat...if someone has the answer...for phucks sake please tell me so I can stop hemoraging money!
Old 12-03-2012, 08:51 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TRL505
I was unaware that there was an exact science to getting the perfect setup out of a particular boat...if someone has the answer...for phucks sake please tell me so I can stop hemoraging money!
I think this thread too has been derailed..
Old 12-04-2012, 12:09 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KWright;

Not upset at all my upgrades are going just as planed. My point was you have an axe to grind with Imco, and sometimes you give bias info because of that. What I have learned thru my research is you don't need a stainless gimbal ring. I was going to go this route but talking to the racers that use bravos the hp gimbal is more than stong enough, matter of fact they claim their is a fitment problem with the stainless ones. don't belive you always need extension box's, props are a wash you will need them with either set up.

Yes I did send my boat to Reggie they installed thier single tank sea stainer and pick up. While the boat was their I had them bolt on the drives and run it. They really didn't dial it in because they wanted to drop down pitch size in props. but I wouldn't let them cause I'm doing a engine upgrade this winter. The motors lost 400-600 rpm because of being over proped, and we still gained speed! It would of been nice to see how much faster it would of been with the correct props but my budget woulndn't handle two sets of props. Attachment 488026
old v new
Attachment 488027
no ext. box or stainless gimbal just a imco helmet
Attachment 488028
Single sea stainer
Attachment 488029
ya i work on boats too

Carry on
Kwrights boat is so fast that the engine hatch flys off, and he can build a 1990 alpha 1 in his sleep, drunk, and on cocaine...end of controversy...

Originally Posted by TRL505
You are unaware of many things like how my boat has spent more time on your lift in 9 months than yours has in 5 years...

Originally Posted by tunertech
I think this thread too has been derailed..
Shouldn't you be tuning someone's engines to a stream line 9.0 AFR across the board? Hopefully TRL's is next.....
Old 12-04-2012, 11:06 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see the 100 proof Rootbeer Vodka did its job last night...