Outerlimits SV29 to be Unveiled on Miami Show Premier Day >

Outerlimits SV29 to be Unveiled on Miami Show Premier Day

Notices

Outerlimits SV29 to be Unveiled on Miami Show Premier Day

Old 02-22-2012, 08:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UD

Sorry I didnt explain better. The motor was bone stock. After the first race they tore me down.

Also I as spinning both 30 p bravo 1 or a 32 depending on what the conditions were.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:31 PM
Registered

The boat was a 2000 but I ran it starting in Jully 1999.ran through 2000. Won the worlds in 99. Some of the f2 guys came up to us after the race and were telling us how awesome we ran. The boat just plain flew.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:42 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by SVL-WARLOCK
The boat was a 2000 but I ran it starting in Jully 1999.ran through 2000. Won the worlds in 99. Some of the f2 guys came up to us after the race and were telling us how awesome we ran. The boat just plain flew.
Warlock made a great Factory One boat! What boat did you run? Did you run after 99?
Old 02-22-2012, 08:50 PM
Registered

I ran some in 200o. I had the yellow boat and ran under the warlock factory name.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:57 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Few things I don't like:
1) Rear vents that are way too close to the water. One wake against the transom and those vents will be underwater.
2) The stern design makes poor use of length and pretty much eliminates any effort to have a working swim platform or a ladder.
3) Looks very hard to get to the bow.
4) Cockpit is limited to sit down seating.
5) Colors chosen will be extremely hot in the summer. So much so that you simply could not enjoy sitting in the cockpit of this boat in TX in the dead heat of summer for any length of time with the motors off. Your best bet will be to jump in the water, but your pretty much SOL if you want to get back in.
The inlet that connects the rear vents is much further up, so while water could get in a few inches possibly, it still has a journey to get to the actual opening in the hatch.

To get to the bow, it just takes a little bending. I like lower, sleeker boats so I don't mind that, my 43 coming is cut down.

Plenty of room for the ladder in center, you are correct if you talk about it being offset. The sides is strong enough to stand on though so technically you could get on there, but not quite as easy as a normal swim platform. Standard ladder can be bolted from bottom, another option is the ladder that slides in and is hidden, same as 43/44.

I thought, and most did as well, cockpit was actually huge. I'm 6-1 and had ample room for my knees in every seat.

Colors were picked by owner, which boats in Mass so its not really an issue on the north/east coast. Also, the alcantara does not get anywhere near as hot as vinyl or leather. Still in Havasu, it would be warm but not unbearable.

Last edited by Whipple Charged; 02-22-2012 at 08:59 PM.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:10 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
I've had tons of interest in my boat for sale. Its priced just right. Your baja friends might not think its priced right........The guys driving cigarettes and skaters think its priced more than fair.

Physics? Do you know what torque steer is? Thats the problem with all big single engine boats..........torque steer. In general, most of the 28ft+ boats with single 500+hp are also plagued with out drive problems on a regular basis.........especially in rough water use......... which may be why OL and merc are rumored to not be getting along. Don't believe me go look at all the big powerd sabers, panteras, activators, etc. Their always fighting drive problems.......which makes for an unreliable boat IMO. I may be entirely wrong seeing that it doesn't appear to be a 29ft boat at all. I'm just throwing out words of caution. This boat could certainly be lightened enough to eliminate drive concerns and maximize speed by going to a bare bones cabin and super light layup, but really, at that point your much better off going with a 28 skater or the like.

I don't have any problem with ya'll drinking the koolaid but I'm not going to be forcefed the utter BS coming out of the three plus threads on this boat just cause it has an OL on the side. I mean chit guys, you act like you never seen a bustle on the stern of a boat before..........OL puts one on a 28 to call it a 29 and you guys run around pretending its a revolutionary design. This boat isn't any more or less revolutionary than the deck design of the failed adrenaline 30 or the steps of the new 38 HyperSonic. Did I hear 90mph with the 525? If so this boat doesn't even match up to a superboat Y2K IMO, the superboat is two feet longer, has a useable cabin, and will run close to the same speeds with a 525, while costing the buyer almost half as much. The 29 warlock will run 100mph with 525 and cost half as much. So whats left? The shiny bezels and chrome? The paint job and colors that makes the entire boat useless in warm climates? Not for $100K over the competition.........
Rumored? Never heard that and think that is pretty funny. This is the first 29, and it has a Merc package, how would that upset them? Also, with a few of the last few boats, and almost all the OL boats sold at the show have new Merc power.

With the magazine test and reviews coming soon, this boat will certainly set new standards. The monocoque design, agressive styling, quality materials and componets and race inspired design will set it apart from others.

As with everything, it won't be for everyone, whether its price, style or fear of speed. Many that crave speed, handling and the OL look and feel will love it. There will be quite a few coming soon so time will tell.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:44 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by jmoore1225
Why does everything need to be wrapped in alcantara, how does it hold up to water being all over it?
My alcantara kitchen bar stools hold up very well to everything from gatorade, yogurt and tomato sauce spills. They also bounce back from a wet rag wipe down.
And i gotta say... the alcantara seats in my S4 are nice and grippy... don't get hot or cold to the touch.

Just not sure i'd wanna hose them down.

But if i swung as big of a d'ck as the owner of this 29... i'd just replace the alcantara every year.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:56 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There sure is a lot of pissing & moaning going on about a boat, by people that probably can't afford it to begin with, going on here.
Neat boat for sure. If you don't like the colors, the power or the interior I'm sure OL will build it & color it just how you want. That's what they do. They build custom boats. Pretty cool custom boats in my opinion.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:10 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 43sv
I just got back from a ride in the new 29 with Mike. Boat is unbeleivable runs perfect, no chine walk, no tab needed. Very smooth over 2-3ft waves, and yes top speed was 94 on the rev limiter. It will go close to 100 when Mike is finished playing with it. These are not whipple boxes so lets not start that.
IF this boat runs 94+ mph with a 525 in 2-3s that is truly impressive and makes it much easier to overlook the styling!
Old 02-22-2012, 10:12 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by onesickpantera
IF this boat runs 94+ mph with a 525 in 2-3s that is truly impressive and makes it much easier to overlook the styling!
I believe it has a Merc 600.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.