Outerlimits SV29 to be Unveiled on Miami Show Premier Day

Notices

Outerlimits SV29 to be Unveiled on Miami Show Premier Day

Old 03-16-2012, 02:19 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Dave
One of the major benefits of a boat 30 feet and less is the ability to get into places that bigger boats cannot go without damage or needing 4 guys to handle it.

I spend at least a week a summer (aggregate about 1 night at a time) in the cabin not because "I cant afford a hotel" - hardley.

I like to go where there aren't any hotels. 150 miles up lake at Powell you wont find any rooms for the night amongst the canyons so the boat becomes the hotel room on a limited basis.

I traded off a bunch of weight for an AC and heating unit so I can do this with a greater degree of comfort than most.

I also like to come and go as I please day or night fresh or saltwater and like the autonomy of a useful cabin.

It looks to me that there is a lot of horizontal cabin space in this OL, but that its likely very tight from a depth perspective as the boat is low profile.
If I were ordering this boat I would have a hatch installed up front for fresh air and ingress and egress to the bow cleats. I would also have added bowrails so I could get to the front easily and hold on while mooring at an island.

Once again- if you dont do any of those things skipping the weight, cost and complexity was a smart way to go.

Uncle Dave
UD,
I agree with your assesment, it kinda of reminds me of the Donzi 35/38 ZR series. I love the looks of those boats, the flat deck and everything, BUT the cabin is RIDICULOUSLY small, as in No head room. When I and the family went last x-mas and looked at 38ZR bank repo, the only 1 who could GET into the cabin, (without getting down on your hands and knees) was our 10 year old daughter. It pretty much killed the deal for us, although we don't sleep on our boat, we do use the cabin a bunch..... 1 of the many reason we bought the 388, 5' 1" of cabin height.
Anyway, love the looks and performance #'s of the new OL, just not a boat we could spend the day on, I'm afraid.....
Old 03-16-2012, 08:52 PM
Registered

Received 1,332 Likes on 743 Posts

Are there any pictures of the cabin or is this one without a finished cabin?
Old 03-16-2012, 09:06 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

The cabin
Attached Thumbnails Outerlimits SV29 to be Unveiled on Miami Show Premier Day-img_0395.jpg  
Old 03-16-2012, 09:19 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sweet!
Old 03-17-2012, 06:59 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Your customer likes dark colors! That is a nice spot but I'd have done it all in white and maybe a little differently. Great boat though. It will definitely fill a niche and has dual engine performance with the simplicity of a single. And it's an Outerlimits. What's not to like? (except that you shouldn't be beaching it...)
Old 03-17-2012, 02:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stormrider
Artie, maybe a bit narrower at 7th beam, but both boats would serve the same purpose... A 5 man sit-down low profile single purpose boat.
Cabin. Are you kidding? It's for holding your gear.
Guy who just spent 200k on this boat, is sleeping in a hotel.
How many guys sleep in thir MTIs and Skaters.
we sleep in/on the 46skater up to 6 lol, when we go to block or FR pr. its going to be nice to have the saber, that will sleep 2 to 4.lots of us like rocking slowly to sleep on the boats.ps going to check the 29 out this week.
Old 03-17-2012, 02:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Philm
I have a low profile, 5 man, sit down boat and I sleep in my cabin regularly. Dont sit up to fast, but it is actually pretty damn comfortable.

Of course, mine wasnt anywhere close to $200k.
comfortable yes they are either sleeping or running 90 your boat is nice. whats great is when your hung over, you could lie in the cabin all morning. then just wake up by slipping off boat into the water. boy do I have a story about that lol.
Old 03-19-2012, 02:31 PM
Registered

Received 227 Likes on 89 Posts

Whoa........ I have seen a lot of boats go by my summer house on Narragansett Bay.....but I just saw the "Orange Flash" go by a few minutes ago. I know a lot of guys with twin engine boats that would like to go that fast.

I won't even guess what the number was...... but I would be willing to bet it is very close to three figures if not over a bit.

Good afternoon wind blowing and the boat looked very stable....... and it was just running really good. I say the OL guys have done a great job with this one. Congrats for sure.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:32 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

It looks better without the windshield.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
It looks better without the windshield.
LOL.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.