Outerlimits SV29 to be Unveiled on Miami Show Premier Day >

Outerlimits SV29 to be Unveiled on Miami Show Premier Day

Notices

Outerlimits SV29 to be Unveiled on Miami Show Premier Day

Old 02-17-2012, 10:27 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe the ladder recesses into the bustle to climb up, I know this is how they do it on the 44s....
Old 02-17-2012, 10:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Stormrider
It does??? Geez, how's the new owner going to deal w/ that?
LOL......not that one in particular, but the model line in general......she would look great on a hydro over at the Capri....... sorry for the hijack guys, now back to the SV29....... looks like a GREAT piece of hardware for a guy who wants to enter the high end, high speed market but doesn't want the extra work, time, and $$ involved in a large twin engine boat......you can have a blast ripping around in that boat and surely get quite a bit of attention.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:45 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Few things I don't like:
1) Rear vents that are way too close to the water. One wake against the transom and those vents will be underwater.
2) The stern design makes poor use of length and pretty much eliminates any effort to have a working swim platform or a ladder.
3) Looks very hard to get to the bow.
4) Cockpit is limited to sit down seating.
5) Colors chosen will be extremely hot in the summer. So much so that you simply could not enjoy sitting in the cockpit of this boat in TX in the dead heat of summer for any length of time with the motors off. Your best bet will be to jump in the water, but your pretty much SOL if you want to get back in.
Let's not always try to be so negative on everything. There's a lot of things people don't like about your 1990 apache 28 being advertised for $34,000 in this market.

No boat is perfect we can agree on that but we can also agree on the fact that the boat is a nice piece of work. Your claiming the boat will run into physics problems? Really, this new 29 outerlimits with one engine outruns your 28 with twins so who's the one that really has physics problems? If your going to post a bold statement like that then explain it. Just saying not trying to start a pissing match. Seems to me like the boat actually is engineered extremely well.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:43 AM
Registered

I can't say I'm a fan of the interior. The colors don't do it for me and the dash looks a little dated.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:06 PM
Registered

Have not seen in person but from the pics that OL 29' looks like one of the most beautiful designed boats ever built.
Wow - makes every other boat in its class look obsolete.
If it runs like the 43', might be one of the finest pieces of all time.
Old 02-17-2012, 03:00 PM
Registered

Received 288 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by 272bajadriver
Your claiming the boat will run into physics problems? Really, this new 29 outerlimits with one engine outruns your 28 with twins so who's the one that really has physics problems? If your going to post a bold statement like that then explain it. Just saying not trying to start a pissing match. Seems to me like the boat actually is engineered extremely well.
I've had tons of interest in my boat for sale. Its priced just right. Your baja friends might not think its priced right........The guys driving cigarettes and skaters think its priced more than fair.

Physics? Do you know what torque steer is? Thats the problem with all big single engine boats..........torque steer. In general, most of the 28ft+ boats with single 500+hp are also plagued with out drive problems on a regular basis.........especially in rough water use......... which may be why OL and merc are rumored to not be getting along. Don't believe me go look at all the big powerd sabers, panteras, activators, etc. Their always fighting drive problems.......which makes for an unreliable boat IMO. I may be entirely wrong seeing that it doesn't appear to be a 29ft boat at all. I'm just throwing out words of caution. This boat could certainly be lightened enough to eliminate drive concerns and maximize speed by going to a bare bones cabin and super light layup, but really, at that point your much better off going with a 28 skater or the like.

I don't have any problem with ya'll drinking the koolaid but I'm not going to be forcefed the utter BS coming out of the three plus threads on this boat just cause it has an OL on the side. I mean chit guys, you act like you never seen a bustle on the stern of a boat before..........OL puts one on a 28 to call it a 29 and you guys run around pretending its a revolutionary design. This boat isn't any more or less revolutionary than the deck design of the failed adrenaline 30 or the steps of the new 38 HyperSonic. Did I hear 90mph with the 525? If so this boat doesn't even match up to a superboat Y2K IMO, the superboat is two feet longer, has a useable cabin, and will run close to the same speeds with a 525, while costing the buyer almost half as much. The 29 warlock will run 100mph with 525 and cost half as much. So whats left? The shiny bezels and chrome? The paint job and colors that makes the entire boat useless in warm climates? Not for $100K over the competition.........

Last edited by TexomaPowerboater; 02-17-2012 at 03:53 PM.
Old 02-17-2012, 03:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OAL is 30.1 and 28 and a bit without the bustle.
Old 02-17-2012, 03:51 PM
Registered

I've had tons of interest in my boat for sale. Its priced just right. Your baja friends might not think its priced right........The guys driving cigarettes and skaters think its priced more than fair.

Physics? Do you know what torque steer is? Thats the problem with all big single engine boats..........torque steer. In general, most of the 28ft+ boats with single 500+hp are also plagued with out drive problems on a regular basis.........especially in rough water use......... which may be why OL and merc are rumored to not be getting along. Don't believe me go look at all the big powerd sabers, panteras, activators, etc. Their always fighting drive problems.......which makes for an unreliable boat IMO. I may be entirely wrong seeing that it doesn't appear to be a 29ft boat at all. I'm just throwing out words of caution. This boat could certainly be lightened enough to eliminate drive concerns and maximize speed by going to a bare bones cabin and super light layup, but really, at that point your much better off going with a 28 skater or the like.

I don't have any problem with ya'll drinking the koolaid but I'm not going to be forcefed the utter BS coming out of the three plus threads on this boat just cause it has an OL on the side. I mean chit guys, you act like you never seen a bustle on the stern of a boat before..........OL puts one on a 28 to call it a 29 and you guys run around pretending its a revolutionary design. This boat isn't any more or less revolutionary than the deck design of the failed adrenaline 30 or the steps of the new 38 HyperSonic. Did I hear 90mph with the 525? If so this boat doesn't even match up to a superboat Y2K IMO, the superboat is two feet longer, has a useable cabin, and will run close to the same speeds with a 525, while costing the buyer almost half as much.
You make a couple of interesting points.

I dont think that big power single engine boats are "always fighting drive problems". I run my boat in rough water almost every time out. Lake Ontario and Lake Nipissing can both be pretty nasty places to be on a routine basis.

I have never had an issue with close to 700hp in front of my IMCO. You just have to be quick on the stick and dont holeshot the boat. I am knocking on wood as I am writing this .........lol.

I think this boat is awesome for a guy who wants a great looking boat under 30ft with a full warranty that can run fast with smaller power.......but I agree personally I would be in a brand new 28 Skater for the same kind of dough but some people dont want a cat or outboards there is a market for a boat like this.

Plus it is nice to see a big name manufacturer making a boat under 30ft with a single engine.
Old 02-17-2012, 04:06 PM
Registered

Received 558 Likes on 338 Posts

I don't have any problem with ya'll drinking the koolaid but I'm not going to be forcefed the utter BS coming out of the three plus threads on this boat just cause it has an OL on the side. I mean chit guys, you act like you never seen a bustle on the stern of a boat before..........OL puts one on a 28 to call it a 29 and you guys run around pretending its a revolutionary design. This boat isn't any more or less revolutionary than the deck design of the failed adrenaline 30 or the steps of the new 38 HyperSonic. Did I hear 90mph with the 525? If so this boat doesn't even match up to a superboat Y2K IMO, the superboat is two feet longer, has a useable cabin, and will run close to the same speeds with a 525, while costing the buyer almost half as much. The 29 warlock will run 100mph with 525 and cost half as much. So whats left? The shiny bezels and chrome? The paint job and colors that makes the entire boat useless in warm climates? Not for $100K over the competition.........

Would the problems of drive damage due to torque steer be alleviated with the use of Arneson surface drives?

Also, which Superboat 30 are you referring to, this one?
Attached Thumbnails Outerlimits SV29 to be Unveiled on Miami Show Premier Day-3905.jpg  

Last edited by noli; 02-17-2012 at 04:54 PM.
Old 02-17-2012, 04:50 PM
Registered

The 29 warlock will run 100mph with 525 and cost half as much. .
Are we comparing this to a Warlock? Are they still making boats?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.