Why such hate towards Outerlimits?

Notices

Why such hate towards Outerlimits?

Old 02-08-2012, 04:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by 302Sport
toyota and honda are the most loved cars....
Maybe to you. That explains EVERYTHING.
Old 02-08-2012, 04:29 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by shaun harrington
I have known both Dan and his dad for a few years now not only do they have a great relationship, Dan has a great enthusiasm for our sport, that some people wrongly view as arrogant, it could not be any farther from the truth. Both Dan and his dad have owned more boats than any of us could dream of owning. I may be wrong but I don't see Dan bashing other makes, just promoting the company he works for. Also I previously called this OUR SPORT, I know in this economy I am going to be in my present boat for quite a while, and having boated with Dan and his dad several times they have never made me feel inferior because I don't own an Outerlimits. remember this is OUR SPORT!
I dont know Dan, and i never said anything bad about him, nor have a problem with him... but i have read alot of his posts and i would agree while he means well, it gets taken wrong. The same way the dude Sam from Manhasset bay means well, and they both have great enthusiasm, just seem young and dont know when to keep quite... Personally, i dont think any manufacturer, esp the caliber of OL, Cig, Nortec, Fountain,etc... should have anyone on OSO, or any internet site posting about the company, raving about speeds, arguing against guys in threads that may piss on their brand.. all it does is backfire....

let us key board jockeys do that, atleast at the end of the day what we say just makes us look foolish, not an entire brand and company like OL. Lets face it, OL's technology, hulls, speeds, qaulity and accomplishments are second to none as of lately. OL's boats do all the speaking that is needed.

Cig has been around since 1969, i i dont think you will find 1 thread that has a paid employee of Cigarette bantering back anf forth on the internet
Old 02-08-2012, 04:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking at the time of the posts guess nobody works? Have owed many performance and race boats, they all have good and bad points. Each boat has its own benifits. Cig, Fountain have had same style and design since 1982 some people like that. Model years dont change much ? good for resale. I feel if you buy a performance boat ,speed would matter. I have owned 3 Ol , and I have gotten my new 43 to run good. Because you beleive in what you buy doesnt make you a cheerleader.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Boomer35
I dont know Dan, and i never said anything bad about him, nor have a problem with him... but i have read alot of his posts and i would agree while he means well, it gets taken wrong. The same way the dude Sam from Manhasset bay means well, and they both have great enthusiasm, just seem young and dont know when to keep quite... Personally, i dont think any manufacturer, esp the caliber of OL, Cig, Nortec, Fountain,etc... should have anyone on OSO, or any internet site posting about the company, raving about speeds, arguing against guys in threads that may piss on their brand.. all it does is backfire....

let us key board jockeys do that, atleast at the end of the day what we say just makes us look foolish, not an entire brand and company like OL. Lets face it, OL's technology, hulls, speeds, qaulity and accomplishments are second to none as of lately. OL's boats do all the speaking that is needed.

Cig has been around since 1969, i i dont think you will find 1 thread that has a paid employee of Cigarette bantering back anf forth on the internet

Great post!

Here is some back and forth from "the old days". LOL
Attached Files
File Type: wmv
Speed_Record.wmv (3.10 MB, 131 views)
Old 02-08-2012, 05:53 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kreed
Hahaha! Oh boy. This post is classic. BTW, this thread went to sh!t the second you posted "if your not first your're last..." Hahaha.

NOBODY on this site hates Outerlimits. Unless the company has done you wrong in the past, theres no reason to hate them.....Although it has gotten better, its the arrogant posting that gives folks a bad taste about the brand.
That's near the center of the target.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:36 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
So how much does OL count the overhang in the LOA?

Sorry had to say it just having fun, I really don't care, they are cool boats!
Originally Posted by 302Sport
Any of you OL cheerleaders know the answer??????????????
Wildman, nothing agains you at all, just posting in general

Yup. The 29 is 28' without the bustle and 30'1" with it. Same goes for the 43 that is 43'5" OAL with a hull length of 40+'. The design and flat way the hull runs means the running surface is longer than a 42 Cig.

GO OL:cheer :

Last edited by A.O. Razor; 02-09-2012 at 05:25 AM.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:21 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
Great post!

Here is some back and forth from "the old days". LOL
Man do I miss those days!!!
Old 02-08-2012, 09:33 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If they would just put a Cig cockpit interior in an OL hul....and let Dean paint it.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:07 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 14 Posts

[QUOTE=caferacer;3612163]It's the cheerleader......not the brand
Yea.....What ever happened to that guy? He used to be pretty quick on finding these threads. Maybe on vacation?
Old 02-08-2012, 11:12 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=AO31;3613143]
Originally Posted by caferacer
It's the cheerleader......not the brand
Yea.....What ever happened to that guy? He used to be pretty quick on finding these threads. Maybe on vacation?
He quickly realized OSO is 90% jerk0ffs. sv43 is right............from the looks of the time posts, does anyone work?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.