Old 02-12-2012, 10:23 AM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 36 Posts

Too bad bob russel was a great guy. Met him few times
Old 02-12-2012, 11:00 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm LMAO about this thread.

I always thought it was Baja's that took the brunt of the offshore hatred. I always laugh when I hear "I'd only have a Baja to wipe my ass with" or "The only good Baja is one used for kindling at a beach fire" etc...

I'm really sorry they've gone so far now as to place these OL owners down here with the bottom feeders like myself.

Personally, I'm with pqjack. I like all brands of boats, even my buddy's 25 yr old Bayliner with the wore out Force outboard. Our kids have an awesome time in it boarding with each other.

See ya,
Kelly
Old 02-12-2012, 11:05 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Now I do want to be fair and there were two Fountain world V speed record boats. The one I saw may have been the first. I believe it was the Rio Roses boat. Half of the Rio Roses logo was gone where the transom had been completely rebuilt. The shop owner showed me how thin the skin was and told me that the boat should never had been sold. I do not want to name names. If I did see the first record speed boat is there any reason to think that the one built to win the race that Reggie coveted even more was laid up any differently. I don't think so. After what I saw, those speed records mean NOTHING.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:45 AM
Registered

Rio

and World's Fastest Hull

Old 02-12-2012, 04:02 PM
Registered

There was the first world V speed record Fountain set by a boat with Rio Roses on it. It went an average of 158.7 mph over two runs. Then there was the second special Fountain built to take on the OL. It did something like 171. I know for a fact from personal observation that the first boat was a one off special lay-up boat that should have never been sold. IMO it's safe to assume that the second boat was built in a similar fashion. I'm not a Fountan hater or basher. A 42 Fountain used to be my dream boat and I admire all that Reggie did for the industry before things went sour. I do feel that Reggie pulled a "fast" one on those record runs though.

Also, that is not the same Rio Roses boat that I saw because the one I saw had the Rio Roses at the stern. Half the logo was gone due to the transom replacement.

Last edited by thirdchildhood; 02-12-2012 at 04:27 PM.
Old 02-12-2012, 04:29 PM
Registered

Received 3,136 Likes on 1,018 Posts

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
Then there was the second special Fountain built to take on the OL. It did something like 171. I
Just for the record:

In early 2004 Outerlimits was able to push the XXX boat to an average speed of 161.29 mph to stake its claim as the fastest V-bottom at the 2004 Miami International Boat Show.

Later in 2004, Fountain re-set the V-bottom kilo speed record with an average speed of 171.883 mph and a max one-way speed of 177 mph (Still stands).

In 2006, Cigarette Racing attempted to beat the Kilo record and recorded a one-way pass of 172 mph, however its average was 163.759 mph.

That's the latest from the Kilo record arena.

I would personally love to see OL attempt to break Reggies record just for the pure entertainment value and to prove their claims they have a boat that will beat it (according to Dan from previous threads).
Old 02-12-2012, 05:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by thisistank

In early 2004 Outerlimits was able to push the XXX boat to an average speed of 161.29 mph to stake its claim as the fastest V-bottom at the 2004 Miami International Boat Show.
Just for the record....

That was not an official sanctioned kilo run.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by thisistank
Just for the record:

Later in 2004, Fountain re-set the V-bottom kilo speed record with an average speed of 171.883 mph and a max one-way speed of 177 mph (Still stands).

In 2006, Cigarette Racing attempted to beat the Kilo record and recorded a one-way pass of 172 mph, however its average was 163.759 mph.

That's the latest from the Kilo record arena.

I would personally love to see OL attempt to break Reggies record just for the pure entertainment value and to prove their claims they have a boat that will beat it (according to Dan from previous threads).
I'd like to see Fountain match the 171 record with a boat based on a production lay-up hull. But it can't happen because things have changed at Fountain.

I don't know. It's all confusing. I've been trying to do research on this but cannot come up with the boat I saw in the shop. It may not have even said Rio Roses. This was in Feb '09 that I saw this boat at a well known glass shop west of Chicago. I had a good discussion with the owner of the shop and he showed me how thin the outer skin was where some holes were exposed on the side. It was a record speed setting Fountain but was not the boat that went 171.

Last edited by thirdchildhood; 02-12-2012 at 05:59 PM.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Downtown42
Just for the record....

That was not an official sanctioned kilo run.
Don't roll your eyes at me!

I was just giving the reported numbers of all recent attempts for argument sake. Yes, I know there was controversey surrounding the OL attempt and following claim of the record but I think after everything was said and done (meaining Fountain came back and beat everyone), no one questioned the 161.29 run.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
I'd like to see Fountain match the 171 record with a boat based on a production lay-up hull. But it can't happen because things have changed at Fountain.

I don't know. It's all confusing. I've been trying to do research on this but cannot come up with the boat I saw in the shop. It may not have even said Rio Roses. This was in Feb '09 that I saw this boat at a well known glass shop west of Chicago. I had a good discussion with the owner of the shop and he showed me how thin the outer skin was where some holes were exposed on the side. It was a record speed setting Fountain but was not the boat that went 171.
There was a lot of talk from some that said they saw a Fountain that Reggie had that was prepped to hit 200mph if OL ever tried to beat the 171 record. But of course it's all talk until you lay the actual number down. But maybe this is the boat you saw in 09. ??

Either Greg (Cashbar) or Bill (Dollabill) - or maybe both since they're hetero life mates - knew of the boat.

Last edited by thisistank; 02-12-2012 at 07:38 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.