Tres Martin Performance Boating School >

Tres Martin Performance Boating School

Notices

Tres Martin Performance Boating School

Old 02-10-2012, 01:20 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gofastlvr
I have been boating for years and running fast (100+) V's for the last 5. Bought a cat and I thought my powerboating skills were pretty good running dozens of poker runs but I followed the direction of my new insurance and took the course.

After taking the first day of the course I can't lie, I learned a few things but wasn't just blown away. Aced the test and as an engineer understood very well the hydrodynamics discussed.

Then came the in water instruction and I was absolutely blown away at the skill and instruction that Tres provided and I now know why my insurance required me to take this course. I needed it! Any performance boater, no matter who you are, will be a more skilled driver after the in water portion of the course. I honestly think an "experienced boater" class could be taught in just one day with maybe an hour or two in class and then the time better spent on water which is invaluable. Tres, if you read this "THANK YOU!"
Chad, I am SO happy to hear the experience was well worth it. I just may use you as a recommendation to my other clients who balk at taking the course. We require many to take the course, as you know. Tres & Brad are fantastic!!

In a couple of weeks I'd like to revisit the package insurance policy we'd discussed last year.

Talk soon and enjoy that boat! Bring it to Desert Storm!!!

Devin Wozencraft
www.wozencraftinsurance.com
Old 02-10-2012, 01:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How much does taking the course reduce the premium on average compared to not taking the course?
Old 02-10-2012, 04:47 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

For some there is no insurance without the course. There is sometimes a discount, I think really would depend on the case. There was no discount for me according to Sy because my policy was already in force.
Old 02-10-2012, 05:49 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Ski doc premium credits

Your credits will show up on the first 2 loss free renewals.
Old 02-10-2012, 05:56 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts
Default The other person taking the course with chad

The person from Atlanta just called me with the same response I got from CHAD,He thanked me for requiring him to take the course.I can be a pain in the butt sometime but it works for TOTAL DOLLAR as our high performance loss ratio is actually much lower than our yacht programs.
Old 02-10-2012, 05:56 PM
Registered

Hey Everyone!!, Get On The Boat!!, Safety Symposium At Miami Boat Show Feb 18th!, Get Heard!, Put Your Ideas Forth!, Contact Lisa Mathews On FB for details, Live View/ Call in maybe by date, Help Save Our Sport!!!
Old 02-10-2012, 06:54 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

Good deal Sy, I didn't expect it, but good. The policy you have me on was already very nice. If you ever want a reference for the course, I'd be happy to demonstrate the value to them.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:04 PM
Registered
VIP Member

As would I...
Old 02-10-2012, 08:15 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by sea2jet
How much does taking the course reduce the premium on average compared to not taking the course?
For me as a first time cat owner it was A rated insurance at about half what the B+ rated carrier cost. Yes I said Half the cost for twice the insurance. Add wind and it's less than half the cost. Also the program at Total Dollar had very few conditions and "fine print". It really seemed like the other carrier had dozens of BS conditions that honestly made it very easy to deny a claim. This seemed like a recipe for a long legal battle which also was included in my liability limits so if they could drag it out long enough the lawyers would have all the money and once again I'd be stuck!!

Racing, timed events and speed based events are excluded; poker runs are acceptable. (Shootout!)
Defense costs/expenses inside the limit of liability unless endorsement elected.
Policy covers personal use only; no commercial (including but not limited to mechanic or dealer) coverage
afforded by this policy form.

Excludes damages caused by all hazards of wind, including all named and/or numbers storms. Examples of
wind damage include but are not limited to: high winds, tornadoes, tropical depressions, monsoons,
hurricanes etc. - Wind coverage can be purchased for an additional premium.

Installation of outdrive locks is required for theft coverage if boat has I/O engines.
Installation of GPS Location Device and service plan required for theft coverage.
Boat must also be stored behind a locked gate, fence or in a locked/secure facility when not in use.

all things considered I got better insurance and saved more than the cost of the Tres Martin course in the first year!!!
Old 02-13-2012, 07:07 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by gofastlvr
I have been boating for years and running fast (100+) V's for the last 5. Bought a cat and I thought my powerboating skills were pretty good running dozens of poker runs but I followed the direction of my new insurance and took the course.

After taking the first day of the course I can't lie, I learned a few things but wasn't just blown away. Aced the test and as an engineer understood very well the hydrodynamics discussed.

Then came the in water instruction and I was absolutely blown away at the skill and instruction that Tres provided and I now know why my insurance required me to take this course. I needed it! Any performance boater, no matter who you are, will be a more skilled driver after the in water portion of the course. I honestly think an "experienced boater" class could be taught in just one day with maybe an hour or two in class and then the time better spent on water which is invaluable. Tres, if you read this "THANK YOU!"
Thank you so much! My reward is when you have done such a great job with real driving skills! Much is taken with possitive feedback! Keep in touch.