Hypothetical: How about a race class with these rules >

Hypothetical: How about a race class with these rules

Notices

Hypothetical: How about a race class with these rules

Old 02-12-2012, 10:01 PM
Registered

Received 292 Likes on 138 Posts
Default Hypothetical: How about a race class with these rules

I think that if a race class was setup with these rules it would greatly increase the performance of the types of boats that 90 percent of the people on here own. I also think that the most development the sport had for end users was the F2 class, so this would kind of be close. Throw in all of your own 2 cents also.

Length: 30ft or greater V hull
Power: 430hp Mercury 502 http://www.mercurymarine.com/engines...s/8.2/?model=1
Drives: Anything you want (arneson, Bravos, sixes, etc..)
Here's the catch: boats must be able to seat 5 or more passengers and have a flushing toilet with a holding tank. (This makes it closer to an everyday production boat)
Old 02-12-2012, 10:08 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Chitter on a race boat?

If you are going that route you might as well throw in a flat screen, Ac, refrigerator and a windlass anchor LOL.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:23 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

adam,great idea,except for the chitter part i think it might be tough to get any race official to get on these boats and test the chitteril bet those 430 motors would get modified in a hurry.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:14 AM
Registered

Received 292 Likes on 138 Posts

Yeah and the chitter must be operational after the abuse of the race, if it breaks and won't flush your disqualified haha. With those motors this class would be very inexpensive to run, and most of the boat could be used on an everyday basis when not racing. Also the fact that the boat has a chitter, and must be able to seat 5, makes it so that it almost has to be a normal sized boat, not cutdown to nothing like all these other race boats. Yeah they are cool but I think the race boats that are running now are so radically different that the technology isn't trickling down to the showroom floors

Last edited by 302Sport; 02-13-2012 at 07:23 AM.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:38 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This would be a very slow class...

I miss the F2 boats...it was a really great class...

Once Reggie stuck his face in it and started cheating and buying the orgs off then it just went to chit....

A good 35-42ft class with 525s/500s/550s(new merc packages) it'd be great. Now if someone would build class boats then it would be competitive. Merc charges a arm and a leg for the stuff they do...I think if every manufacturer built a class boat for a reasonable price. NOT 10k less than a full pleasure boat....it'd be great...

+1....
Old 02-13-2012, 02:09 PM
Registered

Received 790 Likes on 372 Posts

you have WAY too much time on your hands...
Old 02-13-2012, 02:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would a race official have to pound heat in the toilet and flush to verify its operational? Would you also have to make the race w/o the beers spilling , or the wife nagging???
I think that race associations want race boats to be geared towards them, not the other way around.
I could list off dozens of cool classes....we'll what I think would be cool.
But it is what it is.
Remember a while back there was a big out cry for a sob class? They made the class and nobody showed up.
No expert here, just my $.02:

Last edited by scarab63; 02-13-2012 at 02:25 PM.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:41 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

I doubt having a class like that would do anything for the sport and it would not bring any more boats to races.
Nobody with a loan and insurance on their boat is going to race. Insurance does not cover during a race and its too much of a risk for most people.