Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
New Spirit of Qatar Boat to Enter Extreme/Turbine Class >

New Spirit of Qatar Boat to Enter Extreme/Turbine Class

Notices

New Spirit of Qatar Boat to Enter Extreme/Turbine Class

Old 02-16-2012, 08:35 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

it will be a good race to watch, but since all the orgs have a 150 mph max speed rule, will it be waived now that there will be competition, or are the turbine boats getting gps???
Old 02-16-2012, 08:52 AM
JBS
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lame

150 mph limit-realy?why bother then?it's not even racing or extreme.yawn.I'm glad I haven't wasted my time or $ trying to stay in this-it's turned into a joke.it was hard enough to do while bring sabotaged-even after that being asked to do staged races was enough for me.good luck guys.I find it wierd that pleasure boats and the pace boat will be going faster than the race boats.who the **** is making these rules?it seems nothing has changed-just a glorified circle jerk now.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:00 AM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by MissGeicoRacing
like I said, bring it on, The rules of extreme are anything goes, so I am not gonna ***** although its gonna suck for them to lose to a t53 boat
Gotta love the swagger!

Story lines like this is what will bring more publicity to the sport, although it sounds like it is pretty premature.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:18 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

JBS,

Page 41 of 44.

8. Boat speed is limited to 150 MPH at any given time for all boats, no exceptions. .

It has always been there and is included in the insurance provisions.

Transmissons are not mentioned. This is the closest to it.

7. Any number of engines may be installed, as long as safety requirements per engine are met. Any drive or propulsion configuration utilizing the thrust of water, andor any drive ratio can be used.

Last edited by Wahoo ATV; 02-16-2012 at 09:22 AM.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:31 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Wahoo ATV
JBS,

Page 41 of 44.

8. Boat speed is limited to 150 MPH at any given time for all boats, no exceptions. .

It has always been there and is included in the insurance provisions.

Transmissons are not mentioned. This is the closest to it.

7. Any number of engines may be installed, as long as safety requirements per engine are met. Any drive or propulsion configuration utilizing the thrust of water, and or any drive ratio can be used.
Like most things thats probably up to interpretation, even at the speeds they run i doubt the "average" is above 150. Just out of curiosity (for Scotty or Marc) on our longest courses how often are you guys above 150 and which straights come to mind? I always loved seeing the Geico boat run and it will be cool to see another one out there. One of the funnest races i remember watching was Geico and Bud about five or six years ago in St Clair, seeing the onboard video later on was pretty cool to. Be safe guys thats haulin!
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Last edited by glassdave; 02-16-2012 at 09:34 AM.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:34 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup! St Clair was awesome that year. The 150mph apears to be absolute top speed not an average.

"150 MPH at any given time for all boats"
Old 02-16-2012, 09:45 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dave,
I missed the part about "average". The way I read that, 150 mph sounds like a hard ceiling to me. I'm not sure how average could be interpreted out of that...
Old 02-16-2012, 09:54 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by SS930
Dave,
I missed the part about "average". The way I read that, 150 mph sounds like a hard ceiling to me. I'm not sure how average could be interpreted out of that...
I didnt actually see it anywhere but it is sometimes differently interpreted between the orgs. In P class most of the orgs use to use an average instead of a hard ceiling before gps's. Just wondered if maybe the did it that way with this class. If it does not specify then it could be interpreted or argued either way. I guess i was just thinkin out loud and it got me to thinkin about what speeds they regularly hit with the length of some of the courses. With the big turbines carrying so much wind and that the dont slow down well i would think they need to roll out of it sooner to get speed down to be able to turn. That really doesnt leave much left of a straight away for anything other then short spurts. Again this is just a guess on my part
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 02-16-2012, 10:09 AM
JBS
Registered

Default 198.5

I guess that was as fast as they could go and each organization has it's own rules-part of the problem and confusion and source of whining.however JBS racing reached speeds of 198.5 at the 2010 POPRA race in lake Havasu and still have the fastest ave speed EVER at the key west world championships of 121.09 and were reaching speeds of 170 mph while doing so.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:12 AM
Racer
Racer

I guess that was as fast as they could go and each organization has it's own rules-part of the problem and confusion and source of whining.however JBS racing reached speeds of 198.5 at the 2010 POPRA race in lake Havasu and still have the fastest ave speed EVER at the key west world championships of 121.09 and were reaching speeds of 170 mph while doing so.
All that in a second place effort

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.