Funny Business National Liquidators auction SCAM >

Funny Business National Liquidators auction SCAM

Notices

Funny Business National Liquidators auction SCAM

Old 02-29-2012, 10:11 AM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 797 Likes on 259 Posts

They didn't call me yesterday either. Just FYI. And it sold LESS than I would've gone.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is an idea, do a title search on documented boats throught the coast guard, then contact the lender directly and tell them you want to buy the boat.

They may sell it to you without going through NM especially if you explain to them that you've tried to buy there before but the boats always sell for less than you offer and you feel that NM doesn't have the best interest of the lender at heart.

All they can say is no.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:22 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys a a$$ I called on a black thunder and was on the phone he put me on speaker phone like he didn't even care about me but I go can you email me more pics of the boat and he goes "the boat is out on the lot right now I will get pics latter there is other people bidding so I'm not to concerned!". I'm like wtf is wrong with you do you not know how to run a business all I can say is I will never buy a boat from him!!!!!!!
Brett
Old 03-01-2012, 07:17 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by t500hps
The problem is they call it and play it like it's an auction. "turn in bids to the banks every monday.......high bidder gets it IF the bank accepts it". Many years ago I bid on the "Pink Flamingo" and was told for $10K more I could have it......we know who ended up with it. A few years later I was high bidder on a 29 Sundancer and was told for about $5K more I could have it. I bought that one....but later felt like I was played. This was at the Cleveland office so it seems all locations operate the same. The fact is they've done this type of crap so many times and people talk. I'm sure they're allienating customers and at some point won't have enough to sustain what looks like a great business model.

A "repo" lot near me also runs things a little odd too (but not as bad). The boats (and RVs) on the lot are all advertised as repo's but I know the guy actually owns a number of the boats, he's even BOUGHT some from National then put on his own lot. He still calls these repos when in fact he owns them and is just re-selling for a profit. Now, absolutely nothing wrong with that as he doesn't appear to be playing games with one "buyer" over another.
Does this happen to be "commonwealthb_ _ _brokers" ? I'm might be in the middle of something with them and it would be good to know and any advice/leverage ya got!
Old 03-01-2012, 09:51 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like there can be some good deals from them but , it's buyer beware . The banks do some wacky stuff when it comes to repo's . Often times they seem to collect offers for awhile , then call back the best ones . At that point you buy then , or they call the next best bid . I have seen them wait to get a better price in the past . Sometimes they get more when it's done , but there are times that the high bidder moves on and they wind up with less .

Last edited by notda1; 03-02-2012 at 04:53 PM.